Who are the best ball playing goalkeepers that are attainable?

croadyman

We aren’t winning anything with de Gea in net even if we sign brilliant players elsewhere. I’d much rather see him go for free and bring back Hendo if we have to use an existing option for a season.
Totally agree IF Henderson hadn't opened mouth

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
If we know they’re all decent in terms of distribution then why not chose the best shot stopper/cross claimer out of the three. Not to mention the mentality needed to play goalkeeper for United.

This really shouldn’t be football manager where we sort by passing attribute and make a decision on the next goalkeeper.
AC Milan has similar aspirations to Manchester United. In my opinion they are the biggest club in Italy.
At Rayas’ level I’d include the Nantes goalkeeper. Costa I’m hearing potential but I liked Patricio, never thought he was ready for a United move till he moved to Roma and deposing him doesn’t say much.

Marwood

Has anybody watched Kovar this season? He was very good with the ball at U23 level.

Bojan Djordjic

If we know they’re all decent in terms of distribution then why not chose the best shot stopper/cross claimer out of the three. Not to mention the mentality needed to play goalkeeper for United.

This really shouldn’t be football manager where we sort by passing attribute and make a decision on the next goalkeeper.
Vastly different price tags for each player rangin between exorbitant and bargain bucket. Personally, I would probably pick Costa if all were equally priced but I think we should just go for the cheapest of the three (Raya presumably) as I don't actually think any of them are generational talents and record breaking fees just don't make sense for players that may only represent a marginal gain for the team on either of the other two.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Kobel is one of the top 5 gks in the world and barely gets a mention, he's still only 25 and definately the best in the bundesliga this season.

Maybe we could send sancho packing back the other way to dortmund and bring him.

PSV

Kobel is one of the top 5 gks in the world and barely gets a mention, he's still only 25 and definately the best in the bundesliga this season.

Maybe we could send sancho packing back the other way to dortmund and bring him.

First goal in both games (this season) is probably why there's few mentions.

If he's top 5 in the world and definitely best in the Bundesliga I'm worried.

croadyman

Maignan should be top target and if that means waiting until 2024 then so be it

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
De Gea had a worldie pass to Antony. He just has to repeat his career best pass frequently and he is the guy.

Doracle

Pickford looked decent yesterday.
He is underrated because he is English and a bit irritating but he’s become a very good keeper over the last couple of years. I don’t think I’d want him at United but he should probably be playing for a better team than Everton.

PSV

Pickford is one of the worst passers in the league and has errors in him. Don't even think about it.

Lux Thunder

Again strong performance by Bart Verbruggen today - really could be an interesting option if the club decides to extend De Gea's contract on reduced wages and look for a cheaper young up-and-coming keeper.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

KeanoMagicHat

De Gea is okay distribution wise, there’s no point getting a keeper just for distribution that is much worse than De Gea in other characteristics. De Gea’s biggest issue is coming for the ball and command of the box, this is more of a priority than a ball playing keeper.

colombianmancunian

De Gea is okay distribution wise, there’s no point getting a keeper just for distribution that is much worse than De Gea in other characteristics. De Gea’s biggest issue is coming for the ball and command of the box, this is more of a priority than a ball playing keeper.
Totally agree, DDG is being seriously underrated here, with some people even claiming they prefer woeful Henderson over him. DDG is superior to Henderson in every way!

We need a keeper that is as equally good as DDG on his strong points, better in ball paying, who can command his box and is good coming out of his box to cut balls.

Is that Raya? I haven’t watched enough of him, but last week wasn’t impressed by him against us. Is that Costa? I think it’s more likely. It’s that Maignan? Haven’t watched him so can’t emit an opinion.

Lux Thunder

I just came across this very good article about this particular topic, comparing both Costa and Raya to De Gea.

Is It Time to Replace De Gea? Two Ideal Candidates Explored

Really have respect for De Gea, but if you don't see how replacing him would improve our team any discussion is pointless. It will not be an easy job for ETH and the rest of the management, but thankfully, they already managed Ronaldo's and Maguire's situations extremely well.

wolvored

I just came across this very good article about this particular topic, comparing both Costa and Raya to De Gea.

Really have respect for De Gea, but if you don't see how replacing him would improve our team any discussion is pointless. It will not be an easy job for ETH and the rest of the management, but thankfully, they already managed Ronaldo's and Maguire's situations extremely well.
Apparently we offered a contract and he turned it down. We should just do like Pogbas situation, leave it on the table as it is and say good luck getting that elsewhere. If he doesnt sign and we get new owners, Im sure we can afford a new goalie as well as striker and midfielders.

Oranges038

It's good to see these graphics.

While I agree about him commanding his box and sweeping being another issue entirely.

With DDG, it's his range of passing that's a problem and his abiliity to play through the lines in the first phase, those passes into that gap from the edge of the box into midfield that are missing from his game are a huge problem when building from the back. I know people like to say it's the midfielders fault, but honestly if he was able to put the ball in there they'd be told to get in their and loook for it.

Compared to the range from Costa.

It's night and day really.