Who are the dodgiest clubs in football?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
From the Juventus thread:

Juventus, City, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, and Barca all need to be constantly under investigation for their dealings.
Juventus is somehow quite respected here and seen as a majestic club. I have no idea why. Quite possibly the dirtiest club around in top football.
I think there's some consensus to this when the subject is really thought about? The blind eye turned to certain clubs in an 'oh you! at it again! you cheeky chappies!' kind of way is actually incredulous considering the grand scale of doing what they do in a multi-billion industry. These are major stakes, but because it's football, we don't really care, do we? Outside of boxing, is any other sport as bent? Does horse racing even count as a sport?

It's only really been a 'thing' we all pick up on in the last twenty years or so, but bung talk and how dodgy certain people in football were has always been well known, but taken as individuals rather than whole clubs at it as we're more likely to see now.

It can't possibly be so few clubs 'at it' so who would you think of when drawing conclusions on who you'd add?

ExoduS

Real Madrid is the dodgiest team in the World, even dodgier than Juve. I bet Real is doing worse things than Juve but they will never be caught. They are too big.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Can’t think of many teams dodgier that get relegated for match fixing.

Rooney24

Dodgy up to no good?

Or dodgy lucky?

Where Im from it can mean both things.

Jibbs

City (and their affiliates)
Juventus
Real Madrid
Chelsea (mostly Roman)
Red Bull clubs
I wouldn’t include City and RB. City is owned by one of the biggest sovereign wealth funds like psg and now Newcastle, but yes they do overestimate their sponsorship deals to meet FFP rules.

Kaos

Barca were up to some dodgy shenanigans with the Neymar transfer weren't they? Not to mention they were also involved in that sus Artus/Pjanic swap.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
PSG and city are obvious financially for cooking their books.

Juventus will probably be out on their own with all this. Relegated and stripped of titles for accounting fraud just 15 years after they were relegated and stripped for titles for match fixing. Also guilty of doping in the 90s. Every decade a new scandal.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I don't think any modern top club will look good if thoroughly scrutinized and held against ethic and moral standards. The obscene amounts of money thrown around are enough indication that you won't have to dig deep or look hard to find greed and corruption.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I wouldn’t include City and RB. City is owned by one of the biggest sovereign wealth funds like psg and now Newcastle, but yes they do overestimate their sponsorship deals to meet FFP rules.
That’s dodgy. So they belong in the list.

GazTheLegend

Manchester City's owners half brother tortured a man to death in the desert with a cattle prod on video.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Real
Barca
Juve
City (sponsorship deals)

Not sure that PSG, Newcastle and Chelsea have done anything too dodgy as clubs, other than having owners who either got their money via owners being rulers or dodgy oil deals (Roman.)

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Some club we've never heard of that's being sponsored and favored by the local despot in a country we never think about, I'd say.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Porto. Weren’t they match fixing a few seasons ago?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Zagreb and in particular Domagoj Vida come to mind. I'm sure our resident Ajacieden will agree.

He is still called de knipoog Kroaat (winking Croatian) in The Netherlands. After winking at the oppo striker after scoring the 7-1 or whatever the exact score Lyon needed was.

I should know, I'm the one who paid him to feck Ajax :cool:

Mihai

So, dodgy?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Cancelo and Danilo swap?

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Zagreb and in particular Domagoj Vida come to mind. I'm sure our resident Ajacieden will agree.

He is still called de knipoog Kroaat (winking Croatian) in The Netherlands. After winking at the oppo striker after scoring the 7-1 or whatever the exact score Lyon needed was.

i REALLY REALLY hate that guy, that matched really was fixed and nothing was done about it for some reason

troylocker

Real
Barca
Juve
City (sponsorship deals)

Not sure that PSG, Newcastle and Chelsea have done anything too dodgy as clubs, other than having owners who either got their money via owners being rulers or dodgy oil deals (Roman.)
Not rulers, Dictators, with absolute power in their countries and 0 respect for human rights. Spending their money on European football clubs to wash their reputations. Doesn’t get more dodgy than than. PSG, City and now Newcastle on top of the dodgyness list for me.

redrobed

Man City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Atletico Madrid
Dortmund

The least dodgy are:

Utd
Bayern
Real Madrid

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Yeah, Mamic is an actual criminal, then you have several Belgian clubs that have been caught in a fraud scandal in the last years, Barcelona are an obvious mention in particular with the Rosell scandal.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
AC Milan was involved in both Totonero and Calciopoli. Lazio is another one.

So, more or less, Italian Clubs are dodgy as f.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
AC Milan was involved in both Totonero and Calciopoli. Lazio is another one.

So, more or less, Italian Clubs are dodgy as f.
At least they've faced some repercussions. If any of the big 6 were found guilty of the same the Premier League would seriously hesitate to relegate any of them. CAS would probably overturn it anyway

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
At least they've faced some repercussions. If any of the big 6 were found guilty of the same the Premier League would seriously hesitate to relegate any of them. CAS would probably overturn it anyway
Sure, they hold the power. For Man City, it will be time barred.

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
Barca were up to some dodgy shenanigans with the Neymar transfer weren't they? Not to mention they were also involved in that sus Artus/Pjanic swap.
At the moment, PSG, Juve and Portugese teams seem very dodgy to me.
Spanish teams are not dodgy. They have dodgy presidents and the next president elected usually airs all of previous boards dirt out.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Juventus(obvious reasons), AC Milan(same plus Berlu), Inter(out dodgied the previous 2 by snitching on them and getting them relegated with links to the decision makers).

Real Madrid(Franco/Perez), Barca(highly suspected to have money laundering for the last regime).

PSG (probably controls Uefa), Marseille (match fixing but probably turned the corner now).

Lastly, most of the African and East Asian football teams, most likely controlled by bookies.
Oh yes, and South Korea in WC2002, not a club but dodgy as F

Last edited: