Who are the greatest villains football has ever seen? Candidates for this gen': Suárez and Ramos

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Suárez has to be the biggest shithouse of this millennium, surely? He really went out there to destroy Liverpool by any means possible, fair or foul and had zero hesitation in celebrating both his goal and the win with complete abandon and disdain for his old club. It was the kind of shithouse, villainous behaviour that would have turned some Liverpool supporters, who idolised and supported him, into people who would consider him an enemy of the state. Hilarious to watch, but my word, what a despicable individual he is. The kind who many will adore whilst he's doing it at your club, for your cause, but turn on the moment he's gone.

Fun fact, and something to observe: If both Barca and Ajax go through, he has the chance to turn another former clubs' fans against him. :lol:

In terms of villainy, it takes a hell of a lot - a true magnum opus of cnutish behaviour - to come close to the infamy of the top tier. A veritable litany of incidents and indecency.

The other candidates I can think of that the order can be shuffled around are: Sergio Ramos, Diego Costa, and of course, Carlos Tevez. Placing them correctly on the podium is difficult, but is it agreed that Suárez already has the gold, or indeed in this instance, the platinum medal with the others fighting for the remaining medals?

Are there any others to add to the list who come close to these three (plus Suárez)? I think it's of vital importance that they're good/great players as that adds a lot more spice to the cnutishness on display - being a despicable cnut whilst being shite at football isn't nearly as interesting as what these equally skilled deviants bring to the table.

So what say you, who would you add? Where would you place each of these in a top 4?

RedDevils23

I would say Sergio Ramos has to go down as the worst. I mean, I don't know how this cnut can go home and look his own son in the eye. He's an absolute cheat and the day he retires will be the best day for football in a long time. feck him.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Suarez is clearly the worst. And obviously John Terry deserves a shout. I will also throw in Mark Van Bommel.

Eddy_JukeZ

Suarez is the biggest villain.

He is a despicable footballer. He's literally bit players on the field.

It was glorious seeing all the Liverpool fans turn on him today.

SER19

Pepe and busquets too.

Most of guardiolas barca team were disgusting to watch at times in terms of cheating, while simultaneously being a top side

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Suarez of course. Biting, diving, that handball, racism, that squirly fecking face, the man has it all.

I do however think a less well known guy deserves a shout; Joel Veltman.

This is just one of his gems, but the guy is an utter cnut. Though I suppose he won't make the cut since he's not actually a very good football player. Now that he's on the verge of playing a CL final I think the world deserves to know about the state of this fecker.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Wayne Hennessey has to be up there.

On a more serious Nazism-related note, surprised no one has mentioned Di Canio.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Didn't Suarez play a legends match not long ago?
Absolute shithouse. I love it. :lol:

Himannv

I just think it's funny how Liverpool fans finally realized what a cnut Suarez is. As if biting people and racially abusing them wasn't enough of a warning.

caid

Van Bommel and Busquets both deserve a mention. Neymar too?

Eila

Pepe, but he did mellow out post-Mou.
Keane did make that one horrendous tackle. Since it was intentional, maybe one of the worst of all time.

Bwuk

Jose Mourinho played the part excellently.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
quite quick off the top of my head

Schumacher

Neville - Pepe - Terry - Thatcher

Barton - Van Bommel - Jones

Suarez, Costa, Maradona

caid

Pepe, but he did mellow out post-Mou.
Keane did make that one horrendous tackle. Since it was intentional, maybe one of the worst of all time.
Keane made dozens of horrendous tackles and most were intentional. Along with every other midfielder in the league in the 90's

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You can pick most players that have played for Barca since the Pep era. Alba, Suarez, Messi, Busquets, Pedro, Pinto, Alves, Mascherano, Neymar. All bellends when they played at Barcelona.

EDIT: Actually you could make a great team of villains that only come from Madrid/Barca.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Suarez is a clear winner for me. Ramos second, Costa third (he would've been second but his relatively short peak works against him there). I don't think that there's anyone close to the despicable three in this generation.

It's so hard to think of the past greats, because they were usually limited to one aspect, be it thuggishness or diving/cheating... Gentile, Bremner, Souness, Cantona, Maradona come to mind first.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Always remember this from Diego Costa, Wtf?!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't see what Suarez did that was do wrong yesterday? Good on him for celebrating. It's the CL semi final and Barcelona are his club for whom the completion means everything.

I see the argument for being extra respectful and not being animated in these circumstances but I think it's fine for players who want to celebrate too, unless they're inciting fans.

Full bodied red

Perhaps psychopath rather than villain, but Michael Brown ( ex Citeh, Spurs, Fulham and quite a few others ) was right up there with the sport's genuine dickheads.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Vinnie Jones?
Duncan Fergunson?
Andoni Goikoetxea?
Thomas Repka?
Paolo Montero?
Claudio Gentile?
Marco Materazzi?

ROFLUTION

These are the players I like to have in football. There needs to be villains and heroes. Materazzi's and Ramos' that will go that extra mile to win.

I hate to say it but VAR will probably make us have less of these villains in the future, making football a more boring sport with less characters to watch

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
These are the players I like to have in football. There needs to be villains and heroes. Materazzi's and Ramos' that will go that extra mile to win.

I hate to say it but VAR will probably make us have less of these villains in the future, making football a more boring sport with less characters to watch
Nah. It is not WWE. I rather just see good Football. Someone like Mark Van Bommel single handedly ruined a good deal of Football matches. And even though they are capable of brilliance the PL became more fun to watch once Suarez and Diego Costa were not a part of it.

Supports
Ajax
I do however think a less well known guy deserves a shout; Joel Veltman.

This is just one of his gems, but the guy is an utter cnut.
Pretty much. :D

Don’t forget about our national arch-enemy though: Lotthar Matthäus.

He had many typical villainous traits. For starters, he’s German.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Thank you. Seems to have been brushed under the carpet on the net. It's one of the worst of its kind I've seen - just making a post, and this has to be in it!
Made a cnutish tackle and then faked injury.