Who are the really stupid footballers?

RopersReturn

Listening to TalkSports breakfast show last week, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone quite as stupid as the ‘Romford Pele’ aka Ray Parlour. The guy couldn’t string a single coherent sentence together in English.

ufb

Has that ever been truely established that he is the richest player? Seemed like sensationalism.
It does appear to be a case of sensationalism. The company GF Biochemicals recently raised 15 million in their series A. I assume this would give it a market cap between 50-100 million euros. If Flamini was worth 14 billion, the company would likely be worth over 30 billion which would almost certainly make it a major european biotech company - say 1/3rd of Gilead or 1/5th of Amgen or half of Moderna's market cap - and based on what we know it isn't.

I'm not sure if I can post links as a newbie, so you can search 'GF Biochemicals Series A' and draw your own conclusions.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

Bondi77

Listening to TalkSports breakfast show last week, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone quite as stupid as the ‘Romford Pele’ aka Ray Parlour. The guy couldn’t string a single coherent sentence together in English.
What is the point of being on radio then if no one can understand him?
Surely that won't last.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Most of the talk sport gang. Gabby agbonlahor is quite bad then you have the likes of bent, sourness, Murphy, keown etc.

joi_division

Supports
AS Roma
Strange thread. Even stranger is Red Stars fascination with Italian political ideologies related to it.

Precaution

Anyone who says Bamford, well the lad night play for Leeds but sure has a good noggin (despite what his club allegiances would tell you)

Bamford ended up with five A*s, three As and two Bs in his GCSEs. He studied French, History, Biology and General Studies at A-Level and attained 3 Bs and a C. Bamford was offered a place at Harvard University and on the Harvard Men's Soccer team, but he rejected the offer to continue his career in England.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I remember once reading comments from a Sheffield Utd coach, who said that a few of the players didn’t know that they needed a passport to travel overseas for pre-season friendlies.

Red Stone

Radja Nainggolan is surely up there, and I'm not just basing that on the fact that he's sabotaged his own career so many times by smoking and just being a dick in general. Apparently he's a genuine idiot all the way through.

Ousmane Dembele seems like a "lights are on but no-one's home" type in interviews, but that might be a wrong assumption.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
Radja Nainggolan is surely up there, and I'm not just basing that on the fact that he's sabotaged his own career so many times by smoking and just being a dick in general. Apparently he's a genuine idiot all the way through.

Ousmane Dembele seems like a "lights are on but no-one's home" type in interviews, but that might be a wrong assumption.
Budget Arturo Vidal :D

GazTheLegend

So, that means United's first team has, what, 3 or 4 really dumb players.

Who are they?
Luke Shaw and Wan Bissaka would be my bet. It would be much harder to figure out who the intelligent (as in brain not football brain) players are but I'd guess Mata, Cavani, Fernandes and Pogba would be super intelligent guys.

Boavista

Anyone who says Bamford, well the lad night play for Leeds but sure has a good noggin (despite what his club allegiances would tell you)
Regardless of whether Bamford is intelligent or not, I think his socio-economic background and going to an expensive/good public school raises the likelihood of getting good grades because more resources are invested to prepare students at such schools. He definitely received a better education than most footballers.

In general I've also never really liked the way certain prestigious universities like Harvard or Oxford/Cambridge get put on such a high pedestal and often act as almost irrefutable evidence of higher intelligence/education compared to people who haven't attended ivy league universities and the like. Not to mention that the importance of varsity sports in the US and the lesser developed football infrastructure and talent pool means getting into a top American university on a football scholarship is a much easier path (for someone with considerable football talent of course) than the general admission route.

Irrational.

Grealish is the first one that came to mind out of the current footballers.

Also, how has no one mentioned Rooney? Bloke looks like if he wasn’t involved in football, he would be the human equivalent of Patrick Star from SpongeBob.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Grealish is the first one that came to mind out of the current footballers.

Also, how has no one mentioned Rooney? Bloke looks like if he wasn’t involved in football, he would be the human equivalent of Patrick Star from SpongeBob.
Nonetheless he doesn't act or speak stupid things, if you look at his interviews in recent years you see a thoughtful man.

Of course in earlier years he had some great dumb actions while being drunk, so I think he just took long to grow up :lol:

RopersReturn

“In general I've also never really liked the way certain prestigious universities like Harvard or Oxford/Cambridge get put on such a high pedestal and often act as almost irrefutable evidence of higher intelligence/education compared to people who haven't attended ivy league universities and the like.”

Well said.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Gabby Agbonlahor.
Not sure if it's just the Brummie accent.
No offence to our resident Brummies, but surely the accent has a part to play in it.

If Einstein was a Brummie I doubt people would have taken him seriously :D

CallyRed

No offence to our resident Brummies, but surely the accent has a part to play in it.

If Einstein was a Brummie I doubt people would have taken him seriously :D
"It's just the theory of relativity ya know"

Oluwaplumpie

This is a weird thread, honestly. And from folks who have been crying about Qatar? I make me laugh.

Anyone who can learn another country's language, having never lived there u till football is smart.

How many English guys can speak other languages apart from English?

poleglass red

This is a weird thread, honestly. And from folks who have been crying about Qatar? I make me laugh.

Anyone who can learn another country's language, having never lived there u till football is smart.

How many English guys can speak other languages apart from English?
if you go to another country to play football/work you learn the language, plenty of british/Irish players who have went overseas have learned the local language. Some fluent, some enough to get by, same with players who come to play in the UK, not all know the language fluently.
Probably the best example is Wayne Rooney, he's currently managing in America and speaks fluent American.

Red Star One

if you go to another country to play football/work you learn the language, plenty of british/Irish players who have went overseas have learned the local language. Some fluent, some enough to get by, same with players who come to play in the UK, not all know the language fluently.
Probably the best example is Wayne Rooney, he's currently managing in America and speaks fluent American.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ariveded

What about money making them stupid?

These are big big millionaires, and surely, some of think go crazy with all that money. Their head must be away from reality, and general information.