Bit of a strange thread. You got four replies and WC is totally subjective.What is world class, and how many of them are there? Is the criteria subjective opinion, based on coaches', agents', mothers', fathers', and fans' hype (or love)?
I'd say a lot of players in those lists could be legitimately classed as 'world class'. I think useful criteria is match winner in important matches.
- The Guardian has a list of 100 best players in world football
- Winner's of FWA Footballer of the Year
- Top 50 Best Footballers in the World 2021
- Radio Times, Top 10 footballers in the world (Michael Potts)
- One versus One, player ratings
I'm asking this because @Mylock name-dropped None of Ndidi, Rice, Bissouma as 'world class' in the James Garner performances thread and a lot of people agree with him/her.
@Mylock obviously has a massive following, and his/her opinion is valued; because I got a ton of critics bemoaning my doubt. None of Ndidi, Rice, Bissouma have won anything much and none are regularly MotM for their teams.
Where are the ton of critics?