Who can be our Striker - till January?

manunited1919

For many of us fans, Rashford doesn’t have the skills or the football intelligence to be a striker, specially in tight spaces. But so far he is practically the only option Ole has used in the EPL.

Martial seems a perennial crock, takes forever to recover from injuries, and when he does recover he takes another forever to recover his form.

Greenwood seems to young and should not be thrown into the deep end with the pressure situation we have now.

So what other solutions are there? I remember LVG once or twice played Young as striker. Is that what we need to do - find an experienced player and ask them to play as striker? Who from our squad.

Even if Ole is fired today, any incoming manager will have the exact same issue. Any thoughts how to resolve the mess we have created for ourselves?

spiriticon

At the moment, I'm so desperate I'm thinking Scott McTominay could have a go.

When I saw Carroll come on today, I was actually thinking how good it would be to have him at the moment.

How low have I sunk

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
More seriously, we need a striker with good mental qualities. None of Greenwood, Rashford or Martial are especially strong-willed as good as they are at... various other things.

Ibra was. RVP was. Rooney and Tevez were. Ronaldo especially was. We don't have anybody like them right now, which is why we aren't scoring.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
The simple solution is to play a classic 4-4-2. We are over complicating things. Get brilliant at the basics first. So it's not a question of who should be our striker but rather, who should be our strikers...

Zoo

When I saw Carroll come on today, I was actually thinking how good it would be to have him at the moment.

How low have I sunk
He played there for the reserves and would do a better job then Rashford right now.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Just put Maguire up and go route 1. At least we might smash and grab some points.

manunited1919

How low have I sunk
But we need Scott in midfield. We can’t go on fielding Fred or Matic, so McT must shore up our midfield.

manunited1919

More seriously, we need a striker with good mental qualities. None of Greenwood, Rashford or Martial are especially strong-willed as good as they are at... various other things.

Ibra was. RVP was. Rooney and Tevez were. Ronaldo especially was. We don't have anybody like them right now, which is why we aren't scoring.
Ibra has said he is available to come back...

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Martial or Greenwood. Rashford and James have to be wide.

M Bison

Supports
York City
For about 10 mins after greenwood came on we looked much better. It’s not just Rashford who’s underperforming, it’s the whole front unit, Rashford doesn’t do himself any favours but he was very isolated in the first half and we need to be further up the pitch as a unit.

Judas

Open to offers
It'll be Rashford, and its woeful management to be putting it all on his young shoulders, and it could break him, he shouldn't be in this position, he's simply not ready.

MrSingh2002

I want to know who this striker was that they were close to signing in the summer.

Would be hilarious if it was Mandzukic and that's who Ole thinks would have made a difference.

Clueless fecker.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Martial will resume being the striker when he comes back from injury and hopefully find a good run of form relatively quick but you can have a great striker up front in January (unlikely), it won't make a lick of difference if the team is not creating chances.

ReparableTrack0

I feel we have no other option other than to play both Martial and Rashford in a two striker system. Neither is capable of being the lone Centre forward. This way they could at least try to combine and play off each other.

Come January we need to bring in an actual number 9. Can’t believe we let Lukaku go without a replacement!

RedDevilRoshi

Then we are going into a relegation battle. No exageration.
I’m not kidding anyone. Truthfully, that’s who it is going to be. Haven’t a clue when Martial will be back. It must be a very serious injury he’s picked up as he’s been out for two months with no knowledge as to when he will be back. Doesn’t look like Ole trusts Greenwood to start a premier league match and is happy to just give him the odd sub appearance here and then whilst playing in the league cup & Europa.

I just hope to God, we make some signings in January in the forwards department.

This all comes back down to the board/manager for not replacing Lukaku & Sanchez. The blame is on them.

Irwin99

Martial should be back soon (tho we've been saying that for ages). It might be better to play two up top like in the second half simply because Rashford is so isolated all the time and at least it takes a bit of the burden off the one striker. This 4-2-3-1 nonsense has to stop especially when we have no number 10 that can actually create chances.

I just can't get over how awful the planning for this season has been, I really can't. It's just baffling.