Who do we want next? | Europa League draw

Who's your preference for the last 16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

caid

No more spanish teams please. Flying to turkey would be a pain too. Feyenoord would probably be good enough to make an interesting game but not good enough to beat us over 2 legs and be a short trip. That would be nice i guess.

nainaisson

It's so idiotic that we can play Real Sociedad in the next round when we were in the same group. Teams from the same group should be separated until the quarter-finals.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I voted Union Saint-Gillose, although wouldn't mind Feyenoord so we can bully @KirkDuyt if we win

Sounds of the Aquarium

Don't want usg. Their ground is a shed so they play at another ground with a capacity of 10k so we will only get 500 tickets.

Infestissumam

wow, I didn't know we could actually draw Sociedad again. That is fecking stupid :houllier:

give me the Belgians. Then Juventus next round.

colombianmancunian

We can beat anyone, although I’ll prefer an easy fixture so we can rotate. Also sick of Spanish teams… although we already beaten the biggest cheating and diving team in Spain today.

justboy68

It's bizarre that we can draw fecking Socieded again but lets absolutely smash them. After this Barca win I kind of want the hardest possible road to the final to make the Europa feel more special like it did tonight. Going from this to whatever random Hungarian team will be a bit of a downer.

RedDevilRoshi

Take any of them. Not really fussed who we draw. I picked Sociedad. Just to set a few things straight with them.

Abraxas

I honestly don't think it matters of that lot. Why not get the most comfortable tie possible. Ferencvaros or USG. With all due respect we should be beating them fairly comfortably and it makes the fixture congestion a little easier to manage.

SAFMUTD

A shit team not far away from England. We need to rest some players.

ti vu

Real Soceidad. Need to set a record straight with them before we go on to win the whole competition :angel:

Skills

Snitch
The rest of the competition will feel like an anti climax after playing Barca so early. There's only the Arsenal fixture that's of interest, we should be beating the rest.
Juventus?

BEST No7

Depends who Arsenal draw. I think they will throw the Europa to focus on the League
I hope they do, but can't see it. They fecked off the FA cup which in turn lost momentum in the league, same thing will happen if they treat the EL same way

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Feyenoord please. Proper nearby club who we’ve a bit of history with, and from what I remember of 1997 their fans will have their place rocking (can’t remember if we’ve played them again since).

lex talionis

I have to agree with others who have made this point...no more Spanish bullshit sides.

avgp_1

Either of Freiburg or Feyenoord. Don't want the Spanish clubs having played them already, would like either of these high flyers from their league

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Socieded drawing us anyway after celebrating their 0-1 loss like they'd won the World Cup would be pretty great.

The easiest game would be the Hungarian lot, I suppose?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Belgium or Netherlands, please. Local and familar for EtH.

Bertie Wooster

Definitely want either Union SG or Ferencvaros as I think they'd be 'easier' ties than the likes of La Liga or Bundedliga sides.

Absolutely no reason to want a 'tougher draw' in the last 16 having already had to battle past Barcelona, and with some strong sides still left in who we can draw from the QF onwards - Arsenal, Juventus, Sevilla, Roma, Shakhtar Donetsk...

With our packed domestic schedule, and potentially strong opponents lying in wait in future EL rounds, it would be nice to get a comparatively 'easier' draw this time around.

BehemothTerror

Union Saint-Gilloise hopefully so we can rest afew players/play afew prospects

If not Feyenoord, proper cup match