Who do we want next? | Europa League draw

Who's your preference for the last 16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jerry Garcia

Like a lot of other poster have said, please no Spanish teams. I’d also like to avoid any lengthy flights/traveling if possible.

Okey

Feyenoord please. I fancy a trip to Amsterdam. Yes I know they're in Rotterdam, but of course I'll be based in the capital with all its delights.

Okey

Looks like it'll be a relatively easy last 16 draw, then back to tough games for the quarter finals. We've surely earned that.

Member 125398

Fenerbahce. An opportunity for us to offer some help and solidarity with the Turks given the terrible situation over there.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
No more Spanish teams please for the love of god, would take feyenoord or that union team

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The easiest draw. Which appears to be Ferencvaros.

Real Name

Anyone but Ferencvaros and then Ferencvaros in the quarters cause I'm in Hungary that week and might try to get a ticket. If of course that leg will be in Hungary.

ti vu

I want Spanish clubs. Need to get used for next season UEFA Super Cup against Real Madrid.

dove

Union Saint-Gilloise please. Never heard of them before this season.

Hughes35

Be good to avoid Betis + Sociadad. The others should be fine.

Utd, Arsenal, Juventus and Sevilla are the bigger names left really. Hopefully some of the other get knocked out before we play them.

And Roma under Jose - Nearly forgot them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Like everyone says, the perfect mix of crappest team and closest team please :)

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We're bound to meet Mourinho's Roma at some point if we go through.

phenry

Take any of them. Not really fussed who we draw. I picked Sociedad. Just to set a few things straight with them.
Same. I get the desire for an easy game but I have 100% confidence that this team will rise to the challenge and be better for it

philipos

Union Brussels and Anderlecht (Euro Conference) will both play 1st legs at home so presumably one would play on Wednesday and the other on Thursday.

Possibly the same with Basel in the Conference and Freiburg, as the nearest airport to Freiburg is Basel.

Makes booking trips tricky if we were to draw either Freiburg or Union Brussels.

eire-red

Voted for the one I'd never heard of tbh. Any of them will do.

It's funny, we have an easier draw coming through the qualifiers than those that won their groups.

GreatDane

Union Saint-Gilloise or Feyenoord given the relative fast travel - could use a break from Spanish teams!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Aside from union Berlinale and the two Spanish teams i think we could get by by playing our second strings so we should be fine anyhow.

humdinger

I always want the most glamorous tie but an easy one with less travel this time please! Players need a bit of a breather.

Siorac

I want Ferencváros, obviously - I'd be delighted to have United here in Budapest. Well, before the final, anyway. Also, the last time the two teams met in Europe, Fradi went through (1965 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup semi-final) so it's a chance for revenge.

EDIT: oh and Ferencváros will play their knockout games in the Puskás Aréna, the venue of the final, instead of their own stadium. So the players can familiarise themselves with the environment for the final :)

Last edited:

CallyRed

Incredible that the unseeded teams are so much stronger than the seeded ones. Don't really agree with the CL third place group stage teams getting placed into the Europa League but there we are.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I voted for Betis. Seville is a lovely city, not too far away and Betis is a good team with a lot of history.

Also, I think our performance against Barcelona will intimidate the Spanish teams remaining in the competition. I think that will give us a psychological advantage against Spanish opposition for the rest of this season.