Who do we want next? | Europa League draw

Who's your preference for the last 16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mu4c_20le

I'll admit I dont know much about Betis these days, only name that comes to mind is Joaquin.

pogbasformerbarber

Not the best draw, but not the worst. They’re perfectly average in a down (IMHO) year for la liga sides. They have real trouble scoring and we now have an elite back line. We should beat them fairly handily if we have the ambition, because they certainly lack the defensive pedigree we just faced in Barca. They really are just perfectly average.

Sociedad is miles better than them IMHO…so missing them is helpful from that aspect.

poleglass red

Happy enough with that draw. Spanish teams are usually well drilled and employ the dark arts, but they are 22 points behind the team we just beat. The only thing that could hurt us is taking them lightly and possible injuries/tiredness from our packed schedule

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Memories of the time we conceded a goal to Betis after the ref literally penalised Patrice Evra for kicking the football with his foot.

If that even was Betis and not one of the 5 other Spanish teams that are the same team as them. I'm not even sure

al tuna

Not upset with Betis at all. If United do go on to win the EL, I don't want any easy passes. No, it's not the CL, but earning a European trophy with difficult draws would feel good. I also want to continue to see how the manager and players handle the better teams in the competition.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I don't think it was - I don't remember ever playing Betis (except for the friendly just gone).
Juat checked. It was Bilbao. How do we manage to play about 4 of the same Spanish team every year yet are still getting served up more versions of the same team that we technically haven't played before?

Todd

Betis seem to concede a lot of goals in La Liga. And we just torched Barca's back line over two legs and they simply never give up goals in their league. So that's probably a good sign.

If we aren't missing important players I think we'll put several past them. I don't see this tie being a big problem.

Mrmemes

Supports
Madrid, Real Betis.
Betis seem to concede a lot of goals in La Liga. And we just torched Barca's back line over two legs and they simply never give up goals in their league. So that's probably a good sign.

If we aren't missing important players I think we'll put several past them. I don't see this tie being a big problem.
It wont be and you will probably score a lot of goals at home. Our team cant keep the premier league pace.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Memories of the time we conceded a goal to Betis after the ref literally penalised Patrice Evra for kicking the football with his foot.

If that even was Betis and not one of the 5 other Spanish teams that are the same team as them. I'm not even sure
nope we’ve never played Betis before. During evra times we played Valencia, Villarreal and Bilbao. (Not including real or barc) must have been one of them

im quite pleased with draw. I used to watch pretty much every la liga game during the 10’s and Betis were my preferred side. I cannot believe Joaquin still plays for them

I suspect we will win. But it’s not the opportunity to rest the likes of Rashford and Casemiro that we could have had.

I hope this season doesn’t have a March/April like 2017. There was a stretch during that period, where we were playing too many games and where we had to sub off 2 injured players each game.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Not upset with Betis at all. If United do go on to win the EL, I don't want any easy passes. No, it's not the CL, but earning a European trophy with difficult draws would feel good. I also want to continue to see how the manager and players handle the better teams in the competition.
We already took care of the supposed best team in the competition, the only other remaining top side is Arsenal.

Mrmemes

Supports
Madrid, Real Betis.
Are you diving cheats like Barca or Atletico or your players try to stay on their feet? :wenger:
Nope, dont worry about that. Pellegrini doesnt like that type of stuff and most of our players are playmakers. Maybe the argentinians could try something like that.

btw add Sevilla to that list of yours. They fake to the point that last year in a derby against us, a player pretended to be dizzy after being hit with an empty PVC pipe (a piece of plastic from a flag). After the player being recorded saying that he was ok while the game was stopped, Sevilla's sporting director went down to the field to talk to their coach. Then, the coach approached the player and told him to fall to the ground. All of this was done so that the game could be played on another day without an audience and so that they could recover a couple of injured players.

Reactions: oates

Anduin

Decent enough draw, though second leg away in Seville is a bit crap. Betis are a good side, beautiful city, huge and passionate support, so their place will be rocking. We should have enough for them, but it’s going to be close. Thankfully, the Brighton game should be postponed due to the FA Cup, so let’s hope we get an easy home draw instead on the weekend following the trip to Andalusia.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I don't get that at all. We have a wafer thin squad and the top four in the prem is still pretty tight, with Pool, Newcastle, Chelsea and Spurs away still to play.

Having a couple of easier draws so you can hopefully rest a few key players is ideal. We've played Barca and will get decent teams in the semi and final whatever, if we get there.

al tuna

I don't get that at all. We have a wafer thin squad and the top four in the prem is still pretty tight, with Pool, Newcastle, Chelsea and Spurs away still to play.

Having a couple of easier draws so you can hopefully rest a few key players is ideal. We've played Barca and will get decent teams in the semi and final whatever, if we get there.
I guess I want as much adversity as possible this year, build character and have the manager's end of season assessments all the more detailed for him with what we have already faced, and could continue to face. I had zero expectations and thought this EtH rebuild would take at least a season to kick in, didn't dream we'd be this successful already under him. He's way ahead of schedule, so I just want to continue to have him and the team challenged. Weird, I know. Trial by fire. The strong stay and the weak will leave. Next season I'll be thrilled with easier draws though.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I guess I want as much adversity as possible this year, build character and have the manager's end of season assessments all the more detailed for him with what we have already faced, and could continue to face. I had zero expectations and thought this EtH rebuild would take at least a season to kick in, didn't dream we'd be this successful already under him. He's way ahead of schedule, so I just want to continue to have him and the team challenged. Weird, I know. Trial by fire. The strong stay and the weak will leave. Next season I'll be thrilled with easier draws though.
Fair enough, although if you add in the off field issues with Ronaldo and Greenwood, ETH has had plenty of adversity to overcome. He's been amazing I'd rather he catches a break with draws now.
Would also like to see us play kids in the FA Cup, but I doubt he will.

Anduin

Feyenoord, Juventus, United and Sevilla have already qualified. I assume Arsenal, Leverkusen, Roma and Union Berlin will follow, though Union St. Gilloise have a great chance as well. The Unions are obviously the preferred draw, but also happy with Leverkusen, Sevilla (who have been utterly crap this season and we finally seem to have figured out Spanish teams) or Feyenoord. Just avoid Arsenal and Juventus if possible…

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
  1. Union whoever
  2. Sevilla
  3. Feyenoord
  4. Roma
  5. Bayer Leverkusen
  6. Juve
  7. Arsenal
3-5 is probably similar in quality. The 2 union sides who are playing each other and Sevilla easily the 2 worst sides. Give me easy draw.