Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Roma

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • Union Saint-Gilloise

Votes: 107 49.3%

• Total voters

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
If we win the EL I want there to be an asterisk followed by the words: "actually Champions League"

Steffa Barnesa

Definitely were more interesting ties, but this is still ok for me. The Europa masters. And a reminder of the recent World Cup - three from the Argentina squad, that fantastic Moroccan keeper and one of their strikers. Recognisable names like Lamela, Rakitic and our own Telles.

And if we get through Juve will be an enjoyable one.

quadrant

We can beat them. Glad it’s not Juve or Roma. Also glad we are home first.
Does this make sense any more now that we don't have away goals? I'd have thought finishing at home would always be better, now the away goals jeopardy rule has gone.

miked99

Of course it's Sevilla. That said I'm quite happy, I want to beat these. Get some revenge.

It's good in a way that we keep drawing Spanish teams. They've been our undoing so often over the years, so if we can keep beating them then it will be a positive shift.

Betson

Barca -> Betis -> Sevilla -> Juve -> Roma

There have been CL winners with easier paths than that! :lol:

Like ourselves a lot of these clubs have big reputations , but there is a reason we are all in the Europa cup.

The big clubs in this competition have current teams that are far from what they would have had in their heydays.

We should not be afraid of any of them , they are all beatable right now. We just need to find the consistency to do so.

colombianmancunian

Another Spanish team, at this rate, we should join La Liga :lol:

I consider we can beat them, already defeated tougher opponents such as UEFAlona.

Dazzmondo

I think we'll beat Sevilla without much problem. The semi final will be a lot more difficult though

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think we'll beat Sevilla without much problem. The semi final will be a lot more difficult though
Problem is that we have 9 matches in April. We have 6 matches before the 20th of April. There is a week where we have to play within 48hrs.

This pace has not let up since Nov. There will be some attrition at some point in terms of lots of soft tissue injuries.

BuzzKillington

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Does this make sense any more now that we don't have away goals? I'd have thought finishing at home would always be better, now the away goals jeopardy rule has gone.
Na were great at home this season. Put the tie to bed early like against Betis

Abraxas

I don't think it's a problem draw. "Europa masters" or whatever, but I'm not sure what that really means for the current team that sit 13th, well below Betis and Barcelona who we dispatched. They lost to Fenerbache yesterday. Surely not the same team that won those titles.

Maybe they can turn it on for this tie but I think we're massive favourites. I didn't realise quite how bad they were otherwise I'd have picked them as a potentially great tie to get.

AndyMUFC

Still owe them one for not only the Europa League semi final but also for knocking us out of the Champions League under Mourinho. Bring it on.

Al-T

Think we were the team the rest would have wanted to avoid.

Barcelona 1st, Betis 5th in La Liga. Beat them both. Sevilla currently 13th.

EtH will have the team properly set up. Casemiro should be rested.

Reasons for optimism.

SAFMUTD

Happy with the draw. Sevilla are doing awful in La Liga. We should have no problem to kick them out.

Also keep kicking out Spanish teams to shake the stats.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Reasons for optimism.
Easily. The rest are all relatively close, Sevilla is horrible this season but yeah Europa League and all that. Union St galloise the minnows. United is the clear top team in that group now that Arsenal is out.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
If you blow them away like with Betis then it’s a definite advantage I’d say. Obviously a big if though.

m1tch

I guess Casemiro is at least very familiar with all of our opposition in these knockout rounds. Handy given they're the only games he's normally not suspended for :smirk:

Todd

The one opponent I was hoping to avoid was Juventus, so I'm fine with drawing Sevilla.

The prospect of two legs against Juventus during the meat and potatoes timeframe of trying to secure top 4 isn't appealing at all, though.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Reasons for optimism.
I thought that looking at Sporting last night that we could beat them, too. Not easily but there's more steel to our game than the Arse