Who do you want to manage Manchester United?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSingh2002

1. Ole Gunnar Solksjaer
2. Antonio Conte
3. Erik Ten Haag
4. Carlo Ancelotti
5. Zinedine Zidane
6. Diego Simeone
7. Mauricio Pochettino
8. Brendan Rodgers
9. Graham Potter
10. Hansi Flick
11. Joachim Low
12. Luis Enrique
13. Didier Deschamps
14. Roberto Mancini
15. Gareth Southgate
16. Marco Rose
17. Laurent Blanc
18. Other (Name them)

Use your imaginations before you say any of them are unrealistic.
I've tried to make it a list of attainable managers.

Mods it would be great if you could add this as a poll. Otherwise I'll tally it up manually.

My vote goes to:
#2. Antonio Conte.

Last edited:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I wish Ole was good enough and tactically a genius and we'd win all the trophies with him. I dont think he's good enough unfortunately for that purpose.

If not Ole, then Ten Hag, Enrique, Flick would be my top 3.

Mancini, Conte, Potter, Zidane, Gasperini would come after.

redshaw

Laurent Blanc could be worth looking into and adding to the list. My vote would be Zidane.

Also you need GITG

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Zidane's the only one from that list who I think would work better with the squad we currently have.

Maybe Poch but I'd want a manager with experience winning big trophies.

Conte would be a flash in the pan and not get our youth culture.

The rest wouldn't take us up a level. Potter would be interesting but would need a Spurs level job first.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Zidane or Conte.

Conte would win the league with this squad.

BlueHaze

On that list Conte or Zidane.

Low however... His antics on the sidelines such as putting his finger in the nose and putting whatever he found in his mouth, or when he scratches his armpits/balls and then proceeds to sniff his hands. Just witnessing that would be more entertaining than the way we play under Ole.

Kaos

Order of preference Ten Haag > Zidane > Conte.

Though in all honesty I'd take any of those names over Ole (except for Southgate who's basically the English Ole).

Adnan

Talent Spotter
With the squad we have and young talent coming through, Ten Hag is the stand out candidate and his blue print has the potential to thrill unlike the more obvious choices imo. But it all comes down to what you prefer as a fan, and for me entertaining football is of absolute paramount importance.

I vote Ten Hag.

Sviken

My top 5 would be:
1. Ten Hag
2. Potter
3. Gasperini
4. Zidane
5. Conte

Obviously I think Zidane and Conte have the most chance to deliver so that's why I put them there, but the rest play way more attractive football which I'm begging to finally see after almost a decade of utter shit we've been witness to.

Eddy_JukeZ

Ten Hag.

I want to see us playing attractive/progressive football for once and his record with youth is good.

frostbite

Zidane or Conte.

Enough with the ten year plan that leads to nowhere.

frostbite

Potter has 44.7% lifetime win rate. We don't need another mid-table loser who will "learn" while managing us. We need a world class winner who has already won it all.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Conte. I dont really care that hed only be here for a couple of years. Hed get us playing well and hed have us challenging. I dont like this idea that we are looking for another SAF. That man was a once in a life time. I actually think its really disrespectful to his legacy that some people think what he did and how long he did it for could be so easily replaced/replicated.

L1nk

I would give Ten Hag a try, but i would like to poach Marco Rose from Dortmund

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Imagine being born to this world and your parents named you Other (name them)

Bondi77

Why start this thread when one already exists called “Next Manager”
:houllier: :houllier: :eek::eek:

Red00012

Someone who doesn’t give game time to Fred ...shouldn’t be too hard to find

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Anyone on that list bar Ole (as much as I wish he was the messiah) and Southgate.

Marco Rose or Ten Haag would be my ideal choices.

Really not interested in Zidane, although I fear he's the most likely choice. Another 'go out and enjoy yourselves' manager...albeit with a more accomplished coaching staff.

All I want is a manager with a defined, modern, front-foot style - somebody who'll coach the players to fit his system rather than change the system to fit his players.

Ten Hag, Rodgers and Potter would be my Top 3 of the ones that are semi-realistic. Seoane is interesting too but there's no way we'd make an appointment like that.

Just for the mentality, discipline and demands he makes of his players I'd even be interested in Conte. The Vibes FC thing is grating when we get outworked and outpressed nearly every game, so Conte would be a nice shock to the system.

Imagine if we sidestepped to Southgate. :lol: Physical pain even thinking about it.

Kaos

Potter has 44.7% lifetime win rate. We don't need another mid-table loser who will "learn" while managing us. We need a world class winner who has already won it all.
That’s abit of a harsh stick to beat him with considering he’s managed Brighton, Swansea and some Norwegian team.

FatTails

That’s abit of a harsh stick to beat him with considering he’s managed Brighton, Swansea and some Norwegian team.
Great. Let him prove himself gradually before taking on one of the biggest jobs in the world.

Everton or Spurs are his next steps, not Manchester fecking United. Let’s go for the best, not for the “maybe he’ll be good enough one day”

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Own Goal - there was that one season he scored loads for us, so he knows the United Way

FatTails

We need a ranked choice vote, not a poll. Anyway here is my sorted list:

Code:
Zinedine Zidane
Hansi Flick
Luis Enrique
Roberto Mancini
Antonio Conte
Mauricio Pochettino
Brendan Rodgers
Marco Rose
Carlo Ancelotti
Laurent Blanc
Joachim Low
Diego Simeone
Graham Potter
Ole
Didier Deschamps
Gareth Southgate

UnitedRepublic

Zidane because he knows Varane & Ronaldo. He’d probably convince Pogba to stay aswell might even transform Martial. Has a great understanding of how a midfield should work. He’s not afraid to make changes during games and he is very flexible.

I don’t want Conte because that means a 5-3-2 line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.