Who Else is Excited?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Game day baby! Beers are in the fridge, the wife has received the memo to vacate the room at 8. My body is ready!

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Stuck in work at the moment but very excited - bottle of vino shall be purchased on the way home and opened almost immediately as soon as I get in the house. Just hope it's a good game - such a big match for both clubs.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Damn right. It's my mrs's birthday but I think through a carefully calculated set of pleasant birthday surprises I've won myself a couple of hours quality United time later.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I know football is really back, because I'm more fecking nervous than excited.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I'm excited and very interested in the starting lineup. If we can win these next three matches we should be in 4th, Tot will be pretty much out of top 4 race, and some other good results will make the race between us and Chelsea.

0le

Feels pretty surreal. Can't wait until the game begins!

SambaBoy

Really looking forward to it. Hopefully this will be the start of a new era at United, carrying on our pre-lockdown form and starting to be a top team again.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Siphoning off my first batch of home brew wine now - will have to keep a taster out for tonight.

Tiber

After months of nothing but shit news? Anyone who isn't excited to watch their football team play a big match is bonkers

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
If you'd asked me back in March, I'd be quite confident but, right now, I honestly have no idea what to expect.

It doesn't feel like real football. And by that I don't want to kill anyone's vibe, I just don't have any frame of reference for this!

Betson

Yes , did not think I would miss it as much as we are not even in a title race or anything like it. But can't wait now , only hours away.

siw2007

I think anxious is the word to describe how I’m feeling. Yes I’m excited to watch the team again and especially getting to see Rashford and Pogba play again. However at the same time, there is a lot of pressure going into the final stretch, so I’m also very nervous. If it doesn’t look right tonight and we lose the match, the optimism goes out of the window. Fingers crossed we fulfil the expectations.

Glorio

Lot's of nervous energy ... Really finding it hard concentrating!

90 + 5min

I don't feel THAT exited as many of you do. I see this season as some "friendly" games we are forced to play. Ofcourse, I would be glued in front of the tv. Ofcourse I would want us to win Everything that is left this year. But the real fighting emotion haven't really kicked in. Maybe it will come. It just feels wierd right now.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Oh nice - if it's any good you will have to share what sort it is
Just tried it - it is way better than I expected. I left it to clear for a week instead of a day that the instructions said before racking it - Solomon Grundy Chardonnay. Tasted rough as hell a week ago now I would say it is very drinkable and will only get better.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Just tried it - it is way better than I expected. I left it to clear for a week instead of a day that the instructions said before racking it - Solomon Grundy Chardonnay. Tasted rough as hell a week ago now I would say it is very drinkable and will only get better.
Nice one - I have made note of it although I'm not normally a Chardonnay fan

Handré1990

Game day baby! Beers are in the fridge, the wife has received the memo to vacate the room at 8. My body is ready!
Absolutely! I’ve been buzzing all week to be fair, I was more invested than in years before the break as well. Beers and wings ready to go.

Edit: Good to see some excitement and good vibes over the restart as opposed to the moaning doom around here. PL in June? Yes, please!

Glorio

I don't feel THAT exited as many of you do. I see this season as some "friendly" games we are forced to play. Ofcourse, I would be glued in front of the tv. Ofcourse I would want us to win Everything that is left this year. But the real fighting emotion haven't really kicked in. Maybe it will come. It just feels wierd right now.
Wow. That is really strange mate - considering what's at stake here. Not to patronise, but you realise that these games:

- Will determine our position at the end of the season (just as much as they would have before the enforced break)

- That position will determine whether we're in the Champions League or not next season

- Our Champions League status will greatly influence our allure in getting the best players to sign for us (e.g. Sancho), and keeping our best players from wanting away.

- We could win the FA Cup and the Europa League

- Winning one or both of these would invariably fill the lads with confidence in their abilities and the manager's methods, and galvanise the squad for a better title challenge next season

Reactions: Penna

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeah I totally am. All the other no crowd games mean absolutely nothing to me. I’ve been looking forward to seeing united play again for ages though. Unfortunately I have a feeling this match will be very cagey. Neither team can afford to lose. Fitness will obviously be an issue. I reckon it’ll be a low scoring draw which would be a bit of anticlimax but we gotta start somewhere. It’ll be good to have something other than Jadon Sancho tweets to chat about on here too!

Hawks2008

Excited to see us back and especially at full strength with Pogba and Rashford back.

Not excited with kick off at 5:15 in the morning but it is what it is.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I would have been excited if I were able to watch it live. I'll have to look for a site showing the replay tomorrow morning which kills the fun.

It's a hugely important game though. Could make or break the season. It's rather odd for that decisive a game to be the 1st game back.