Who Else is Excited?

redshaw

Yes excited and nervous.

Just want the lads to pick up where they left off, itching to play and blast Spurs to kingdom come.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I havnt been bothered about the league starting back up and just seen bits of the first two prem games but, the last hour or so I’ve started thinking about the game and the old nerves and excitement are coming back

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I cannot wait. I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements made over the break; Greenwood gaining muscle, AWB attacking, Bruno & Pogba supplying Martial & Rashford. Not gonna lie, we are in a good place right now. It almost makes me giddy thinking about it. :drool:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hoping our last game v LASK might give us the advantage considering we've experienced a "no atmosphere" match already, and the lads all played well.

Really hope we get a win, Spurs have been a tricky side for us in recent times but I feel we are better than them - only Kane and Son worry me.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm always excited to watch us play, tbh. No matter how rubbish we've been at times, no matter if it's against some low league team in the league cup or a pre season friendly, I'm always itching to see us play.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm excited but nervous. I expect it to be a very scrappy game.

TrustInOle

Feel like a kid again, don't get this excited even before a new season. The potential of this squad now, if all the cogs fit, is frieghtening.

SirAnderson

Nervous as feck but so happy. Football isn't back until I watch us play!

Been reading every tactic, prediction line up, YouTube videos all day getting myself ready.
I have to just figure out how to watch it without screaming if we score a goal, kids will be sleeping already. But won't complain, as long as there will be something positive to scream about, I will take the fury of the wife. :lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
FFS, on my last teams call of the day....feckers are boring me as my mind is solely focused on the football!
Just tell a little while lie to get away. Like your family dog got caught under the lawnmower, or your gran has been attested for having 80k worth of cocaine in her handbag; something small like that.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Amazing to have United back.

Riz

I would have been excited if I were able to watch it live. I'll have to look for a site showing the replay tomorrow morning which kills the fun.

It's a hugely important game though. Could make or break the season. It's rather odd for that decisive a game to be the 1st game back.
I’ve never done that before, out of interest would you try and avoid the score and watch the whole match on replay? I don’t think I could ever have the willpower for that knowing I could check the final score at any moment.

Once tried it when having to record the first half of United vs Liverpool travelling back from a Sunday league game, about 10 mins in to the match after I got back I gave up. Berbatov scored a hatrick though, can’t complain.

mu4c_20le

I just can't believe i'll get to see Rashford in action again. I almost cried when i found out he'd miss the season.

OleTheGreat

Absolutely buzzing! Cannot wait for it to start.. I really really hope Ole picks this team..

De Gea
Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
Fred
Bruno Pogba
James Martial Rashford

with 5 subs in play, i'd like Mctominay, Greenwood, Ighalo, Williams and Dalot to play a part in the second half. We can easily do one over them if we put our heads down and get to the ball every chance we get. Feed Pogba and Bruno as much as you can and they'll make sure Rashford, Martial and James get the ball to the back of the net. Let's do this!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’ve never done that before, out of interest would you try and avoid the score and watch the whole match on replay? I don’t think I could ever have the willpower for that knowing I could check the final score at any moment.

Once tried it when having to record the first half of United vs Liverpool travelling back from a Sunday league game, about 10 mins in to the match after I got back I gave up. Berbatov scored a hatrick though, can’t complain.
I used to watch recorded matches all the time over the course of the weekends. I need to not know the score otherwise it kills the fun. But now I've done away with the set top box which have record and am relying on a streaming app and the sports steaming sites, and it can be a pain for example if the link is broken.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't wait. Been way too long. Tough match to get back into as well, one that likely won't say too much more than who has prepared best from a fitness and sharpness perspective. Hope its us! Normal situation id be more confident and was convinced of an easy win back in March, but starting up like this you never know who is better prepared fitness wise.

lemon1978

Huge test for Solksjaer. Lose tonight and all the good will achieved prior to the break goes out the window.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Just tell a little while lie to get away. Like your family dog got caught under the lawnmower, or your gran has been attested for having 80k worth of cocaine in her handbag; something small like that.
:lol: i wish my gran had 80k worth of cocaine.... :nervous:

All good now! waiting for kick off.

Robbie Boy

Wohooooo we're back and that Norwich v Southampton game was a nice little starter too.

I didnt think I was bothered but now I cant wait for that whistle :D

NoneBmStore

Before the game I wasn't excited at all. Just had a feeling of meh
After 20 seconds I was shouting at the telly
Let's effin go.

el3mel

Ok everything considered that was pretty exciting. Feel like I'm finally back in football mood. :drool:

meamth

Excitement aside, the frustration of seeing posters here whining about the game last night made me realize how shit our fans are.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Maybe it was just the telecast I was watching and they had the fake crowd sounds well coordinated, or maybe it was because it was a Utd match and I was totally engrossed on the on pitch action, but I didn't really feel the lack of atmosphere too much.

Yes Jose playing his game killing tactics was a bummer, but overall I really enjoyed watching us play.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We really turned up the second half. Should have grabbed the win, but for that DDG howler (another one!). Anyway, some rustiness after a long break - won’t be too disappointed with the result.
It's probably the hardest game we had left. The Pogba/Bruno combo looked really promising. If we find a way to play them both then we will be a handful for anyone.

SirAnderson

Can't find that "Hours before the game" thread, so this will have to do!

I've been itching to watch us play! Since yesterday already been watching and reading everything and anything game related! Can it just come already.