Who gets the 3rd midfield slot: Fred or McTominay

mancan92

Pogba will start I think alot of people have to get over it. He is still our most talented player. It would genuinely be stupid to not put him in.

Morpheus 7

It's about utilizing the best system that will gel. Having Pogba and Bruno is potentially exciting but doesn't mean it will work. Getting the right balance for each opponent is key. I think Pogba and Bruno will be good for unlocking a team parking the bus. Using them against Spurs might not be balanced. I think Scott is very overlooked by some, people keep chatting about him being limited. I think he's got great attributes and will get better. Fred has came on great this year, his tenacity is great for energy and a press. Matic is good at holding an area for balance but he's on the decline. Everyone going on about how he's been amazing, he hasn't. United haven't been amazing and the table shows that.

We need to stop thinking about the perfect 11, get positions on merit from training and the opposition. Rotate with upcoming fixtures in mind, the reason we are dreadful in the second half of games? Options, the bench lacks options. Players that come on and change games. This will help these injuries too and benefit the long-term.

mu4c_20le

Bruno is a hard worker, I can't see him not working with Pogba tbh. He's exactly the kind of partner we were looking for, someone with the engine and work rate of Herrera, but can also provide creativity and spark when Pogba is being triple marked.

Davìd Moyéz

I don't like the idea of a Matic, Pogba, Fernandes midfield. You need a ball winning midfielder who is a proper runner and none of them are that.
High hopes that McTom can be a more physical Fletcher. Really impressed with him in the last 18 months.

Drz

I'm still very doubtful that a 3 man midfield with both Pogba and Bruno in it will work. I wouldnt start Pogba against Spurs.
I get what you mean, but I think Pogba would play with a point to prove vs Mourinho.
Regarding the OP, form will be deciding factor, and I wouldn't entirely rule out Matic either given his performances before the break. For the Spurs game, I'd start Fred as the third man, probably get Mc Sauce in if we are leading in the second half.

James Peril

Our team desperately lacks leadership and winning mentality, so a fit Matic should play before Fred or McTominay in a so-called big game. But only if fit and raring to go, the guy is getting on and doesn’t have the agility and pace of the other guys, certainly not in transition. Saying that, Spurs and their midfield isn’t much to brag about after Dembele left. We need to mark out Son, then we’re good to win on merit the other way. It’s very refreshing to see Mourinho on the other side and not Pochettino, what the hell were they thinking!?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Some good posts in this thread from both sides of the argument. I think there is a view that those who dont want him to walk back into this team question his ability. For me, that certainly isnt the case.

Pogba is undoubtedly a top quality player, and it would be very silly of us to not try to see whether he could work in a midfield 3 with Bruno + 1, but that doesnt have to happen by letting him walk straight back into a starting spot.

My opinion is certainly swayed by my belief that he isnt committed to this club, and that we should be looking forwards at this point in our squad rebuild. That might not be true, but it's far easier to believe that it is, and we have an outstanding run of form behind us that supports a view that we have found a great balance in the team.

I think it sends a strong message out to the squad to say that, despite Pogba's obvious talent, he and every other player should have to earn the shirt and perform well enough to keep it, something which each one of Fred, McT and now Matic can claim to have done.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Some good posts in this thread from both sides of the argument. I think there is a view that those who dont want him to walk back into this team question his ability. For me, that certainly isnt the case.

Pogba is undoubtedly a top quality player, and it would be very silly of us to not try to see whether he could work in a midfield 3 with Bruno + 1, but that doesnt have to happen by letting him walk straight back into a starting spot.

My opinion is certainly swayed by my belief that he isnt committed to this club, and that we should be looking forwards at this point in our squad rebuild. That might not be true, but it's far easier to believe that it is, and we have an outstanding run of form behind us that supports a view that we have found a great balance in the team.

I think it sends a strong message out to the squad to say that, despite Pogba's obvious talent, he and every other player should have to earn the shirt and perform well enough to keep it, something which each one of Fred, McT and now Matic can claim to have done.
But Pogba walking back into the first 11 isn't exclusive to him, it happens everywhere. Once the better players return from long injury lay off they get integrated into the starting line up right away provided they are fit enough. Rashford will walk back into the starting line up. Harry Kane will walk back into Spurs 11, seen the same happen with Messi, KDB etc.

It's absolutely infeasible to bench your best players when they are available with reason being that they have to prove themselves again, it simply doesn't work that way.

In terms of commitment, there are always speculation surrounding top players, and there are players who've angled for moves elsewhere but still get to play when they don't get their wishes. I mean Arsenal aren't going to start benching Aubameyang to integrate players they feel will be there long term. He'll still get to start games because he's their best player even if he hasn't nor look to commit himself to Arsenal. Same everywhere. I mean we did play Ronaldo despite him already committed to going to Madrid in a year time.

Pogba isn't the first top player that has looked to move to a better team if he felt his current one doesn't meet his standards and aspirations. He didn't get to move and he's still here as one of our best players, therefore we play him when available, just like how it's done everywhere else.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
But Pogba walking back into the first 11 isn't exclusive to him, it happens everywhere. Once the better players return from long injury lay off they get integrated into the starting line up right away provided they are fit enough. Rashford will walk back into the starting line up. Harry Kane will walk back into Spurs 11, seen the same happen with Messi, KDB etc.

It's absolutely infeasible to bench your best players when they are available with reason being that they have to prove themselves again, it simply doesn't work that way.

In terms of commitment, there are always speculation surrounding top players, and there are players who've angled for moves elsewhere but still get to play when they don't get their wishes. I mean Arsenal aren't going to start benching Aubameyang to integrate players they feel will be there long term. He'll still get to start games because he's their best player even if he hasn't nor look to commit himself to Arsenal. Same everywhere. I mean we did play Ronaldo despite him already committed to going to Madrid in a year time.

Pogba isn't the first top player that has looked to move to a better team if he felt his current one doesn't meet his standards and aspirations. He didn't get to move and he's still here as one of our best players, therefore we play him when available, just like how it's done everywhere else.
That's all well and good if it wasnt for the fact that we were playing excellent football before this break, and the midfield were looking as good or better than at anytime since Ferguson left (IMO).

Kane will go straight back into the side because there is no competition for him there. Same with Aubameyang to a slight lesser extent. This is different. We risk unsettling something that was working very well.

As I said, I see the argument for both sides. Having Pogba and Bruno on the field could take this team onto a new level, so we would be foolish not to give that an opportunity, but my concern is that what we could gain in offensive potential we could lose that and more defensively by disrupting the balance that we've seen of late.

Ultimately I've backed Ole all the way and I trust him to make the best decision based on all of the information he has available to him. Information that we dont have. So if he starts him against Spurs and going forwards then so be it.

wolvored

If Pogba were to stay in any sort of long run, I wouldn’t take it for granted that he’d spend the rest of his time here behind Fernandes either. Fernandes has had a great first few games, and given everyone a lift after coming in as a new player - but the road is long. I’m not convinced that he’s just established himself as a better midfielder than Pogba, and objectively speaking - I’m not sure he’s done anything Pogba hasn’t done in his short time here either. Scored a few pens, like Pogba, created a few chances, like Pogba does, given the ball away just as often (which I suspect will become more visible to some the ‘less new’ he is, or if our results were to not be good enough for a sustained period). I haven’t looked at their respective defensive stats, but I doubt they have been much different either, factually speaking. He’s first place in a number of departments in our team like passes forward, chances etc that Pogba was also first place in.

All I’m saying is don’t take it for granted that Pogba has no chance of getting into a team ahead of Bruno. I’m sure that idea looks ridiculous to many now, for many reasons, and I agree that it would be silly to start Pogba and not Bruno against Spurs, for example. But I wouldn’t put it past Pogba to have a few brilliant games and then we run into a game where we can only play one and the outcome seems a lot less obvious. But yea, I’m sure not many will agree now, but I thought I’d introduce that possibility because it will likely anger many if it comes to fruition. Just don’t be surprised if there are games where Ole has Pogba on the pitch and Bruno isn’t.

The team is clearly playing a lot better now than it was before Bruno joined - although Pogba wasn’t in that team either. The team is playing better than it has done, AT TIMES, with Pogba in it too, of course, but that is over a 3 year sample compared with one month. The team isn’t playing better than it has done in a number of other one month periods over the last 3 seasons too. The sample is too small to be definitive. I think Bruno’s consistent level is still a little unclear at the moment to be too absolute. Are we talking a Kevin De Bruyne player? I’m not sure yet that he’s in the highest bracket of AM in the world just yet, need to see more. This isn’t necessarily about Pogba either. If Pogba were sold, and we bought Havertz, for example, there is no guarantee that Bruno would not end up as a squad player, in the long run, if we felt we were better with just one. Do we have a De Bruyne or an Eriksen? Don’t think we know yet. With an Eriksen, at a club of this size, there is no guarantee that you will always play. A De Bruyne, certainly. An Eriksen is at risk from either better players or better form players at a club like this. Right now it’s 7 or 8 good games and no real bad ones, so it looks great. After 100, hopefully he is even better, but it isn’t promised.

What I’ll clarify again before people think this is mere ‘agenda’ or whatever, is that right now, if we are to make a choice between Pogba and Fernandes, then it has to be Bruno. I’m just saying that I’m not certain either Bruno is that good or Pogba that bad that such a scenario is set in stone. I can’t imagine Pogba being satisfied with being seen as second choice, and if it gives him a kick to put out the best he’s capable of, I think his best may well be better than Bruno’s.
A couple of things to back up what i put is that Bruno is Oles signing. Pogba or his agent have been trying to get him out of the club, which has probably pissed Ole off. The last 12 games are probably the best we have done since Fergie left, if you include all the statistics, clean sheets, goals for and against. All done with Bruno in the side and Pogba on the sidelines. I will be very surprised to see Pogba start before Bruno-unless unfit.

Paul_Scholes18

Pogba do not have a clear role in our system though. As one of two defensive midfielders he has struggled before. It is hard to know if it will work against better sides.
With Mctominay and Fred we know what we got.

I hope we play a diamond though, but would not be happy with only one of Matic,Fred and Mctominay vs Spurs.

He'sRaldo

Pogba will start I think alot of people have to get over it. He is still our most talented player. It would genuinely be stupid to not put him in.
I think Pogba not starting isn't even the issue (since he should and most likely will).

The issue IMO is, is it better to have Pogba as the more attacking midfielder in a 4-3-3, or Fernandes as the more attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1? Pogba's passing range, vision, and ball control from deep are all world class but I still feel he truly shines best in the left attacking half space, and there he could be the best in the world. Whereas Fernandes with the small sample size we've seen is also very creative higher up, but there's not really enough data with us to form a conclusion.

I think the 4-3-3 is better anyway since it can allow for 2 attacking mids, so I'd personally go with that. But since Ole plays a 4-2-3-1 it'd probably be Pogba deeper.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
A couple of things to back up what i put is that Bruno is Oles signing. Pogba or his agent have been trying to get him out of the club, which has probably pissed Ole off. The last 12 games are probably the best we have done since Fergie left, if you include all the statistics, clean sheets, goals for and against. All done with Bruno in the side and Pogba on the sidelines. I will be very surprised to see Pogba start before Bruno-unless unfit.
Not even true. Ole's initial run of 8 straight wins is still better than that and it starred Pogba. Also it's quite the leap to assume Ole is pissed with Pogba. He's done nothing but say positive things about him which lead me to believe he has no issues with him.

Pogba do not have a clear role in our system though. As one of two defensive midfielders he has struggled before. It is hard to know if it will work against better sides.
With Mctominay and Fred we know what we got.

I hope we play a diamond though, but would not be happy with only one of Matic,Fred and Mctominay vs Spurs.
Where does this myth comes from and why do people on these boards keep perpetuating it. Pogba has mostly played in a 2 pivot for the most part here, even Mourinho, a defensively minded and cautious manager played Pogba as part of a 2 in big games. We thumped Chelsea playing with a pivot of Pogba and McTominay. Ole's preferred formation is a 4231 which in normal circumstances(meaning when we have the full squad and Pogba available), Pogba features as one of the 2 midfield behind the number 10.

We've seen Pogba play in a 2 and that's how he's mostly been used here and it has worked when the quality was there. Playing Pogba in a 2 isn't some unknown like it's being perpetually claimed for some reasons, it's something we deploy when we have a full squad. Seems to me like people just want to believe Pogba is this inept player at doing any sort of defensive work that he can't be trusted to play in a 2 when that is exactly how he's mostly been deployed here even by the ever cautious and defensively minded Mourinho.

The myth has to die at some point. It is worrisome how it's stuck and being passed off as fact.

Last edited:

He'sRaldo

Where does this myth comes from and why do people on these boards keep perpetrating it. Pogba has mostly played in a 2 pivot for the part here, even Mourinho a defensive minded and cautious manager played Pogba as part of a 2 in big games. We thumped Chelsea playing with a pivot of Pogba and McTominay. Ole's preferred formation is a 4231 which is normal circumstances(meaning when we have the full squad or Pogba available), Pogba features as one of the 2 midfield behind the number 10.

We've seen Pogba play in a 2 and that's how he's mostly been used here and it has worked when the quality was there. Playing Pogba in a 2 isn't some unknown like it's being perpetrated for some reason, it's something we deploy when we have a full squad. Seems to me like people just want to believe Pogba is this inept player at doing any sort of defensive work that he can't be trusted to play in a 2 when that how he's mostly been deployed here even by the cautious and defensively minded Mourinho.

The myth has to die at some point. It is worrisome how it's stuck and being passed off as fact.
Very true.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I mean, that’s conjecture. To say that Ole is ‘probably pissed off’ with Pogba just sounds like stirring. There’s little to no indication of that. Also, I have to speak against the repetition of things because they quickly get taken as fact just for being repeated over and over. None of us know what has been happening behind the scenes. To summarise it as ‘Pogba and his agent have been trying to get him out of the club’ is just what the media would have us summarise it as for dramatic effect. I’m not in denial, I know comments have been made, but it has been nothing conclusive. There’s nothing to suggest to me that Pogba is unwilling to stay, even if he is also not against moving. He hasn’t been agitating at all, he’s probably wanted to leave at some point, and maybe still does, as any player is entitled to, but he’s at least been calm about it, and the club still have hope of him staying - so clearly the relationships are not ruined, nor is Pogba’s will conclusive.

Yes, we played well without Pogba. We are supposed to. Maybe some fans have become so used to rubbishness that we are redefining standards now. A top club is supposed to be able to play well without their star player. Pogba will start ahead of Bruno whether he is fit or not, if Ole decides he wants to play only one of them, and Pogba is playing the better of the two. Our manager will not be reduced to pettiness of ‘he said he wanted to leave last year so I’m playing him, or ‘I signed him’. Bruno is Ole’s signing, but he’s known him 5 minutes - he’s known Pogba 11 years from boy to man. There’s no need for pot stirring, I’m sure Ole and Pogba get along just fine, as do Bruno and the rest of the squad with Pogba, as that is what all the information suggests.

Leethal

People who genuinely believe Pogba won't start, (or advocate that he shouldn't start), are living in an absolute dream world.

Our team will line up something like this:

-------------------- De Gea ----
AWB ---- Lindelof ----- Maguire ----- Shaw
-------------- MF ** -------- Pogba
----------------------- Bruno
----- James -------------------------- Rashford
---------------------- Martial

** MF = McTominay, Matic or Fred

Pogba will play as a deep lying play-maker. 4231 on attacks, 4321 on defence - with Bruno dropping deeper while defending to pick up the ball and bring it forward like he's done all of his career. If Pogba pushes forward to exploit any space presented to him, Bruno will sit deeper to cover, or the full backs will tuck inside. Our full backs aren't a great attacking option, and we won't need them for width.

These rigid formations I see people presenting NEVER happen in the real world. It's just stupid FIFA, FM nonsense that clueless people try to transfer to real football. Players interchange and cover for each other all the time. If you ever played football at any sort of decent level, you should know this.

Also, injuries and fatigue happens. Matic, Fred and McTominay will see plenty of time - especially considering that the majority of our attack, (and Pogba), can all play multiple positions more than adequately to cover for each other.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I agree with @Rozay

I want to see United impose their game on teams and want to see both Pogba and Fernandes starting. Both have the craft and guile we have missed for so long in central areas that it would be a crime not to see them both in the same line-up consistently.

I also agree that Matic should be starting. He's the only specialist DM we have and was playing very well before things came to a abrupt end.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I agree with @Rozay

I want to see United impose their game on teams and want to see both Pogba and Fernandes starting. Both have the craft and guile we have missed for so long in central areas that it would be a crime not to see them both in the same line-up consistently.

I also agree that Matic should be starting. He's the only specialist DM we have and was playing very well before things came to a abrupt end.
I actually think that, until the end of this season at least, we may start 4 central players in our tougher games. We have no regular starter on the right wing, and in tougher games in the past we have played Rashford and Martial as split strikers, usually with Lingard as a false 9/10 in the middle. I think a formation that may be considered for tougher games is Martial and Rashford as split strikers, with Bruno as a 10 quite close to them and a regular midfield 3 behind. We first tried this against Spurs last season to great effect.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I actually think that, until the end of this season at least, we may start 4 central players in our tougher games. We have no regular starter on the right wing, and in tougher games in the past we have played Rashford and Martial as split strikers, usually with Lingard as a false 9/10 in the middle. I think a formation that may be considered for tougher games is Martial and Rashford as split strikers, with Bruno as a 10 quite close to them and a regular midfield 3 behind. We first tried this against Spurs last season to great effect.
Makes sense..

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Neither. Start with Matic who is the only DM we have.
Exactly. He is the only DM in the squad and he's been playing well. both Fred and McTominay will bomb forward too much. I'd have no problem with Fred, McTominay and Bruno, but once Pogba is put in we need a specialist in that position...

------------------------------De Gea----------------------------
AWB-----------Lindeloff----------Maguire--------Shaw
---------------------Pogba-----------Matic----------------------
James---------------------Bruno---------------------Rashford
--------------------------------Martial----------------------------------

Matic as the #6, Pogba the #8 and Bruno the #10

Wicked_Badger

Just depends on opponent, form, physical condition and the fixture list! Given the lay off and now the pile up of fixtures, combined with the 5 subs, I guess we’ll see a mixture of all combinations.

Paul_Scholes18

Not even true. Ole's initial run of 8 straight wins is still better than that and it starred Pogba. Also it's quite the leap to assume Ole is pissed with Pogba. He's done nothing but say positive things about him which lead me to believe he has no issues with him.

Where does this myth comes from and why do people on these boards keep perpetuating it. Pogba has mostly played in a 2 pivot for the most part here, even Mourinho, a defensively minded and cautious manager played Pogba as part of a 2 in big games. We thumped Chelsea playing with a pivot of Pogba and McTominay. Ole's preferred formation is a 4231 which in normal circumstances(meaning when we have the full squad and Pogba available), Pogba features as one of the 2 midfield behind the number 10.

We've seen Pogba play in a 2 and that's how he's mostly been used here and it has worked when the quality was there. Playing Pogba in a 2 isn't some unknown like it's being perpetually claimed for some reasons, it's something we deploy when we have a full squad. Seems to me like people just want to believe Pogba is this inept player at doing any sort of defensive work that he can't be trusted to play in a 2 when that is exactly how he's mostly been deployed here even by the ever cautious and defensively minded Mourinho.

He didn't work in a two a lot under Mourinho and Mourinho dropped him for it for Mctominay in some big games.
We did attack well vs Chelsea, but allowed them to create a lot.
That is what we will see with Pogba playing deep.
I like him more in a diamond or 3-1-4-2 formation.

Pavl3n

Are you guys seriously grouping Pogba together with Fred, Matic and Scott as non sure starters? Unless you're trying to imply anything to do with Pogba's fitness(which shouldn't be a problem by now), there is simply no rational in thinking that Pogba isn't a nail on starter. Since when did this idea that Pogba would need to fight for his place and prove himself against the likes of Fred, Matic and Scott started.

It's such a ridiculous thing that keeps getting mentioned for some reasons.
Well, no player should have his place guaranteed, but should be earned on merit. Judging by the most recent performances, Bruno should be in the team.
If management decides that Pogba is ready to start a game, I'll be even happier. But Pogba has not played football for 6 months, or even more, so I think, he might start on the bench.
I am not grouping him as players with same skill or quality. I'm grouping them as who might start the first game.
Take it easy pal.

NoPace

I think at present our best lineup is probably:

Rashford-Martial---------
-----------Pogba-Bruno---
----------Fred-McTominay----
Shaw---------------WanBissaka
------Maguire-Lindelof--------

and then plan B after an hour if we can't score (lineup should be defensively solid enough) is James/Greenwood and Greenwood/Ighalo go on after an hour for one of Fred/McTom and Martial to give us a RW:

Rashford-Greenwod-James
-----------Pogba-Bruno---
----------------Fred-----------------------
Shaw-------------------WanBissaka
------Maguire-Lindelof--------

And next year we gotta sign a RW. Or hell, maybe 3 months has seen Greenwood become a man and he'll finish the season on fire. Who knows really? 3 months can be a big deal at that age.

Thiagoal

If Pogba works his nuts off and is totally committed to the cause then I’d start him with McT and Bruno... if we see the laid back prima donna that really doesn’t look bothered then replace him with Fred! All depends on Paul’s attitude

0le

I'd go with McT. Not really sure why, and it is a very close run thing.

Nickelodeon

Just saw on Matic's insta:

Win % (since his signing)
With Matic: 59% (in 76 games)
Without Matic: 38% (in 29 games)

That's a huge difference. Whether its a correlation or a causality can't be confirmed for sure but he has been massive since his return to the side and has also been a big part of our 11 game unbeaten run and the 9 clean sheets to go with it.

Fracture90

I'd argue that Matic would be the best option alongside those 2. He's calm and collected on the ball, strong and slick enough to keep it, but also having an ability to send a useful pass forward provided there's actual movement in front of him.

Raven

Does this stat take in to fact that even if he is dribbled pass he sticks to that person like glue and inevitably gets back at them and take the ball off of the,.

He‘s arguably the most dogged player we’ve had in quite some time it’s like there is no shaking him. He will repeatedly keep putting his foot in slowing people up forcing an error even if he’s not coming away with the ball 60% of the time.

I do think both he and McT do take a lot of risks in their own half compared to someone like a Matic but when it comes off it comes off in a big way and if Fred continues playing like he was pre lockdown with Bruno there is just no way he can be dropped. he was pretty much everything to the team and everywhere.
People seem to have wilfully ignored your post. People will post missed tackles and dribbled past stats but where are the possession won stats? Where are the errors leading to goals stats? These are the only defensive metrics I'm interested in.

Andersons Dietician

People seem to have wilfully ignored your post. People will post missed tackles and dribbled past stats but where are the possession won stats? Where are the errors leading to goals stats? These are the only defensive metrics I'm interested in.
what even qualifies as dribbled past anyway? What are the requirements. Do they have to square him up then go past him on the dribble. For example against Wolves he was tasked with protecting Williams against Traore one game, but if he has to move across sideways to intercept Traores run but Traores pace means they get in a race does Traores pure speed count as him being dribbled past.
it’s just such a weird stat.

I was actually pretty shocked when I saw the stat as from watching him it’s not something I’ve ever noticed. Actually thought he’d have quite a high tackle success rate. He just looks like he’d be a nightmare to play against as like I said he just looks dogged and like he gives everyone a hard time. He’s just a relentless machine.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
what even qualifies as dribbled past anyway? What are the requirements. Do they have to square him up then go past him on the dribble. For example against Wolves he was tasked with protecting Williams against Traore one game, but if he has to move across sideways to intercept Traores run but Traores pace means they get in a race does Traores pure speed count as him being dribbled past.
it’s just such a weird stat.

I was actually pretty shocked when I saw the stat as from watching him it’s not something I’ve ever noticed. Actually thought he’d have quite a high tackle success rate. He just looks like he’d be a nightmare to play against as like I said he just looks dogged and like he gives everyone a hard time. He’s just a relentless machine.
It's just tackle lost. If a player dribble past a player and the defender doesn't even attempt to tackle then it won't be counted as dribbled past. It's sort of useless stat, people assume dribbled past means defender just loses the player and he is out of the game when players like Fred always chase the player, press and forces them to pick safe passes.

Andersons Dietician

Just saw this .

”No player in the side who has featured in more than five league games has managed to win possession more times than his 9.81 per 90 minutes.

In fact, Fred might be able to replicate Kante's role. The Chelsea man has managed to win the ball back less than the Brazilian, at 8.58 per 90 minutes.”

Extract from a news story.

Smores

Either way you put it Fred and McTominay don't deserve to be dropped and I'd be a bit disheartened if i were them. They've done enough to win their places in the team.

Stick Pogba on the right until he's got games under his belt.

romufc

Either way you put it Fred and McTominay don't deserve to be dropped and I'd be a bit disheartened if i were them. They've done enough to win their places in the team.

Stick Pogba on the right until he's got games under his belt.
The amount of games we will be playing, I wouldn't call it dropped. They will be rotated, with all of them getting similar game time.

Robbo 7

I'm expecting Pobga and Bruno to be selected together more for home matches.

Against Spurs, I think Ole will go with Fred, McT or Matic and Bruno. Pogba hasn't played a competitive game since December, so will probably start on the bench.

It's a great debate though..... can't remember the last time we had such competition in midfield.

Raven

Just saw this .

”No player in the side who has featured in more than five league games has managed to win possession more times than his 9.81 per 90 minutes.

In fact, Fred might be able to replicate Kante's role. The Chelsea man has managed to win the ball back less than the Brazilian, at 8.58 per 90 minutes.”

Extract from a news story.
This seems like a far more relevant stat, thanks for sharing.