Who had or has the hardest shot?

MikeeMike

So Robben is first on the list of fastest top speeds ever recorded and second on fastest shot speeds ever recorded @KirkDuyt
Completely false shot speed claims. 211km/h
This equates to a shot from inside own half to the goal in 1 second.

lysglimt

Scout
I just know that Tigana had the weakest shot ever - he was brilliant at Everything else, but my God - his shots were weak :)

MikeeMike

You have to also understand that the ball is gaining speed in flight, so the recorded speed is the maximum speed and you can “see” it flying slower at the beginning. Still, I envy your eye, it’s quite difficult for me to measure speed accurately just by looking at it.
Am I the only one missing somekind of WUM? “ The ball is gaining speed in flight. “ . “you can see it flying slower at the beginning”
I salute great comedy or despair at your point of view.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Aye, some of these quoted speeds are nonsense. Even Ibra's rocket versus Anderlecht was 'only' around 70mph, a long way away from the 130+mph speeds cited for other strikes.

meamth

Berbatov can smack the ball out of nothing. Maybe not the hardest, but got the technique spot on.

Right now for me it's Greenwood.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So Robben is first on the list of fastest top speeds ever recorded and second on fastest shot speeds ever recorded @KirkDuyt
Running I knew, but shot speed? The bend he outs on his shots always seemed to be his main weapon, though I guess they have power too..

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not sure if he's been mentioned but John Arne Riise is surely up there. Broke Alan Smith's leg with a free-kick.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Am I the only one missing somekind of WUM? “ The ball is gaining speed in flight. “ . “you can see it flying slower at the beginning”
I salute great comedy or despair at your point of view.
Ever heard of acceleration?

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Most likely some goalkeeper, but we will never hear about that. They usually have the hardest shot in any given team

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
This is a WUM right?
God, I hope it is.
Reminds me of a german commentator who once claimed that Ronaldinho's shot technique is perfect because "the ball starts flying slow and then accelerates". Bending the laws of nature in that way should get him a nobel price.

passing-wind

Arne Riise I recall having a ridiculous shot. Roberto Carlos also springs to mind. Can't think of many modern players who will fit that mould maybe Haaland ? He often seems to generate good power in his finishes.

harms

Staff
God, I hope it is.
Reminds me of a german commentator who once claimed that Ronaldinho's shot technique is perfect because "the ball starts flying slow and then accelerates". Bending the laws of nature in that way should get him a nobel price.
I mean, the wording of this commentator suggests that the ball gains additional acceleration during the flight, I'm pretty sure mine doesn't. The force applied to the ball is constant, but the ball accelerates because, well, acceleration is velocity/time – until it reaches its peak speed and the forces that slow him down begin to prevail. You don't instantly reach 200 km/h when you push gas pedal on your car, do you?

Renegade

Honourable mentions to Patrick Berger , That German Man City left back 15 years ago. Forgot his name.

HaliRed

I always thought Lothar Matthaus had a belter in him. Annoying person though, so he doesn't count.

Sticking with Germans, aside from Bonhof, I remember watching Felix Magath in my single digit years and be amazed at the power of his boots!

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Hasselbaink had a rocket. Yeboah could fecking twat them, too

Adriano. Albertz. Think Lothar Matthaus had a decent hit on him as well. Torsten Frings. Weah

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Honourable mentions to Patrick Berger , That German Man City left back 15 years ago. Forgot his name.
Good shout. 20-25 yards out, if he got on his left it was almost certainly hitting the target at pace, if not going in. Scored a brace against us once when Pool smashed us 5-1. fecker

David Haberger

I mean, the wording of this commentator suggests that the ball gains additional acceleration during the flight, I'm pretty sure mine doesn't. The force applied to the ball is constant, but the ball accelerates because, well, acceleration is velocity/time – until it reaches its peak speed and the forces that slow him down begin to prevail. You don't instantly reach 200 km/h when you push gas pedal on your car, do you?
Well, in the car you apply force over time which leads to a continuous acceleration but the force with the kick is only generated while the ball touches the foot. The ball slows down afterwards because of air resistance etc.. The theory is right but you apply it wrong

harms

Staff
Well, in the car you apply force over time which leads to a continuous acceleration but the force with the kick is only generated while the ball touches the foot. The ball slows down afterwards because of air resistance etc.. The theory is right but you apply it wrong
I can easily use any other example. The amount of force applied stays the same from the moment of the contact, but it doesn’t instantly transfer into speed. The ball’s velocity rises up for a bit (about 0.5 seconds) after the ball had been hit before it begins to decrease.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That ginger cnut that played for Liverpool could hit one. He's a right prick too.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
According to a sportszion article that I can't link to:

#1 Ronny Heberson (211km/h)
#2 Arjen Robben (190km/h)
#3 Steven Reid (189km/h, PL record)
#4 Ronald Koeman (188km/h)
#5 David Hirst (183km/h)
#6 David Beckham (158km/h)
#7 Ritchie Humphreys (154km/h)
#8 Tony Yeboah (154km/h)
#9 David Trezeguet (154km/h)
#10 Zlatan Ibrahimovic (150km/h)

These are presumably ones for which the author could find records.

There used to be a video claiming this was 190

(mute the video)

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Some of these poweful shots have been recorded from close range
for example

David Beckham – Manchester United – 1997
the record books state that an effort against Chelsea on 27th February 1997 reached 97.9 mph.