Who had the better season: Chelsea or Liverpool?

Bearded One

I won’t say too much here but leave if to the Caf faithfuls to decide while I eat my popcorn.

Raw

Chelsea won absolutely nothing so it's definitely them :houllier:

Edit: Forgot about the Super Cup and World Cup didn't I?

James Peril

This is becoming quite pathetic, actually it was embarrassing a long time ago. Either a thread about Liverpool’s supposed failure when they are very, very good - or a thread about some old legend that played for United 30 fecking years ago. What’s next? Bryan Robson was better than de Bruyne-thread? Kanchelskis shits on Diaz-thread?This is not how to stay relevant, this is just RAWK times ten and it’s really time to create some new memories, jesus christ we need something new.

Teja

This is becoming quite pathetic, actually it was embarrassing a long time ago. Either a thread about Liverpool’s supposed failure when they are very, very good - or a thread about some old legend that played for United 30 fecking years ago. What’s next? Bryan Robson was better than de Bruyne-thread? Kanchelskis shits on Diaz-thread?This is not how to stay relevant, this is just RAWK times ten and it’s really time to create some new memories, jesus christ we need something new.
This

quirkey

Embarassing. Reminds me of Liverpool fans years ago trying to stay relevant. I would much rather be losing CL finals than relying on Brighton to get Europa League.

Pintu

Both got 2 trophies. Chelsea scored goals in the finals they ended up winning.

Liverpool’s league season was better, but Chelsea certainly scared Madrid much more than what Pool did in the UCL.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea fan and it’s obviously Liverpool. Although they were one penalty kick away from it being the other way around (if we’d won the FA Cup)

Rockets Redglare

It’s Liverpool without question. Chelsea massively underperformed all season and as much as I detest the scousers they were head and shoulders above everyone apart from City.

Moby

Dick
This ABU has been absolutely rattled last couple of days.

TheReligion

Abusive
Oh do go away. Log out and forget your password.

mikeyt

Does it matter? They both did considerably better than us.

pacifictheme

Pace wise Kanchelskis definitely shits on Diaz, so no thread needed there.

Nick7

Uh, Liverpool. Don’t think it’s much of a question. If Chelsea won the FA Cup it’s a completely different story though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So what's posted on caf makes ManUtd relevant or irrelevant? :lol:

Spaghetti

Mom's
Did you not sleep well?

If you’re new to fans forums, and you don’t like posts like this, or fans enjoying their rivals losing, then I’d suggest something different. Gardening, Sudoku, something like that.

Real Name

Quality mini meltdown.

kthanksbye

Quite a bit.
The two marketing cups? Super cup and Club Worldcup? One of them is a one off final, the other is a glorified pre season.
League cup and FA Cup are more prestigious and Liverpool were actually in the title race (and actually top) on the final match day. They also made it to the CL final.
It's not even worthy of a discussion.

bringbackbebe

Liverpool were two games away from being judged as the greatest side ever to have played football. Now they're going to be viewed as a bunch of "also rans" who played good football and won a couple of domestic cups. History can be cruel at times. Not that I'm complaining. With Chelsea, it shouldn't even be a comparison. Liverpool are light years ahead.

kthanksbye

Agree with this, the constant undermining of Liverpool's achievements and progress here is embarrassing, if we had a season like that, we'd have posts like "HEADS HELD HIGH" or similar melodrama, but because it's liverpool we're saying things like, oh they've just won 1 league in 30 years while completely forgetting that we're light years away form stringing 5 passes together and would actually kill to be in their place right now.

TheLord

With all the Scouse noise surrounding the quadruple, I'd say it is a close one between the two clubs.

Pintu

The two marketing cups? Super cup and Club Worldcup? One of them is a one off final, the other is a glorified pre season.
League cup and FA Cup are more prestigious and Liverpool were actually in the title race (and actually top) on the final match day. They also made it to the CL final.
You gotta be the first person ever to use that adjective to describe Micky Mouse Cup…

FIFA CWC is a competition you only qualify for when you’ve won the most prestigious of all titles. It’s been won by English clubs on only 3 occasions in this century, this year’s was Chelsea’s first ever. Carabao cup you get a shot at it every year. Pep likes to collect them, but they are nothing special.

tomaldinho1

Of all the trophies only the FA cup is decent, the rest are meaningless. Also you’d quite obviously take 2nd in the league and runner up in the CL over 3rd and QF…

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I don't know, winning 2 cups is good but if you're told you'd lose 2 out of 4 in such a last minute fashion... it's a tough choice
Really? It's a tough choice? :houllier: :lol:

Edit: I wish I wouldn't keep getting out meltdowned on here. Let me win this one this week at least. :p

kthanksbye

You gotta be the first person ever to use that adjective to describe Micky Mouse Cup…

FIFA CWC is a competition you only qualify for when you’ve won the most prestigious of all titles. It’s been won by English clubs on only 3 occasions in this century, this year’s was Chelsea’s first ever. Carabao cup you get a shot at it every year. Pep likes to collect them, but they are nothing special.
I clearly said MORE which obviously means when compared to the SuperCup and Club Worldcup. Don't intentionally misinterpret it.

Agree with your bold part, but they won that prestigious competition last season, it should be a factor if we're talking about how well they did last season, not this. This season they won a one off final and a pre season. Nothing else.
Liverpool's league cup and FA cup are this season's achievements.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
These threads are worth it when you post some whiny drivel. Please never stop.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
League cup and FA Cup are more prestigious
Klopp himself would disagree.

When he had to pick between the league cup and CWC guess where he sent the big guns?

Kag

Chelsea had a dreadful season. I find it baffling that in spite of not being very good at all, they come in for so much praise and adoration.

SAFMUTD

Second in the league by thin air, UCL finalist, FA and league cup champions.

Is this even a question?

Yes Liverpool failed to win the quadruple but let's not fool ourselves into thinking their season was shit.

kthanksbye

Klopp himself would disagree.

When he had to pick between the league cup and CWC guess where he sent the big guns?
It's a good cup to have, perhaps calling it less prestigious was not correct on my part, the question was who had a better season, as nice as the CWC is, it's easier to win than the league cup, which is why I think when we're trying to evaluate which club had the better season, I'd say it will be Liverpool.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
It was a joke

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Having such a close finish in the league - losing by the smallest margin against the very top dog team which is City - and a quite good albeit not excellent CL final I think it's a stretch to play their season down.

Chelsea had their own story this season and all things considered a "decent" one. Even if one of those penalty shoot outs would have gone the other way it wouldn't have changed THAT much. Was too close either way anyway.