Who here wants us to beat Leicester?

RkkMan

Not about losing to Liverpool. Read again my friend, and take the entire context this time.

The point was of course we want to beat Leicester, especially as we have an albeit incredibly slim chance of the league still and we don’t just want to roll over for City and let them win it.
But if we’re not going to put out a team to beat Leicester then why bother winning again, whether it’s Liverpool, Fulham, Wolves or whoever. Why did we bother beating Villa? We’ve already qualified for top 4, and we’ve got a European final on the horizon. May as well rest for that, but that isn’t what Man Utd are about. To quote LVG “we go for it!”.
Because it's completely unrealistic to expect players to not only play at the same level of intensity they usually do for 3 full games in the space of 5 days but because you SERIOUSLY risk injuring key players who will very likely be in the red zone ahead of a cup final to break our longest Trophy drought in over 30 years. We've already qualified for top 4 and only need 4 points in our last 5 games to secure 2nd going all gang ho to try and secure a few extra points that at best will only keep us 2nd with the hope of winning a title that is practically in City's hands sounds stupid both in theory and practically

pass.pass.pass

I want to win, for the (very very very) remote chance that City trip up.

Didn't we let them close an 8 point gap with 5 games to go in 2012? (I am still SO pissed about that Everton game at OT).

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Because it's completely unrealistic to expect players to not only play at the same level of intensity they usually do for 3 full games in the space of 5 days but because you SERIOUSLY risk injuring key players who will very likely be in the red zone ahead of a cup final to break our longest Trophy drought in over 30 years. We've already qualified for top 4 and only need 4 points in our last 5 games to secure 2nd going all gang ho to try and secure a few extra points that at best will only keep us 2nd with the hope of winning a title that is practically in City's hands sounds stupid both in theory and practically
What is it with people taking stuff out of context and missing the point around here?

Did I mention the players? Did I say we should risk injury? No, so Calm your flaps. We try to win each game one at a time, utilising the whole squad to see us through. It still isn’t a reason to not want/hope/try to win.

LiamMillerBC

Genuinely can’t remember the last time I felt so ambivalent about the prospect of winning a match.
1st is still possible. We want to win every game and make City earn it. It seems nearly impossible and just highlights the lack of squad depth we have , But fecking hell were Manchester United and anything is possible. Time for Van de Beek and James to win over the fan base, Tuanzebe show us why you deserve to be a future captain.

van Persie

I don't mind but we have zero reasons to start our best team unless.. We just played 2 days ago and 4 games in 8 days and a European Cup final to look ahead to. Already secured 2nd this season.

If I hear anything about us rotating heavily, which we should for this game, they can shove it. They wouldn't want any different in the same situation.

Seven Seas Sardines

Please, please, please field our U18s, Klopp won't ever be able to recover.

His tombstone will be changed from "Valencia was offside in the buildup" to "United played feckin kids against Brendan".

gorky_utd

I want to win but the most important thing is squad rotation and avoiding any injury.

FattyFooty

As long as there is a chance, we should fight. Never say die attitude is one of the things that made Sir Alex Fergusons United so great.

justsomebloke

Of course I want us to win, but that's not the point. You just can't play consecutive 90-minute games at that interval. No one can.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
1st is still possible. We want to win every game and make City earn it. It seems nearly impossible and just highlights the lack of squad depth we have , But fecking hell were Manchester United and anything is possible. Time for Van de Beek and James to win over the fan base, Tuanzebe show us why you deserve to be a future captain.
What ??

Ted1985

I want us to win against Liverpool more. I hope the squad tomorrow dont feature anyone who will play on thursday. If we win on tuesday it would be absolutely amazing, but if we dont then I am cool with that.

Suspicious Swelling

Won't the team that finish 5th get champions league next season anyway as the CL winner gets a spot and the final is between City and Chelsea, both of whome will finish in the top 4 this season anyway? i might have that wrong though...

As long as there is a mathematical chance of catching City we should be going for it. The only time we should be thinking of purposely weakening ourselves is Wolves when we have the EL final 3 days later.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Play a weakened team and hope we win. If we don’t I really won’t be THAT upset though.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I would like to best them and dump them out of top four as a revenge for the FA Cup.

However, the game on Thursday is far more important and the starting eleven should be rested for it.

OleBoiii

I always want us to win. We're not Liverpool.

That being said, we have to play our B team against Leicester because of the the ridiculous scheduling.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Football is not an honourable sport. The fans are glory hunters and the players are cheats. I don't understand the fake intergity. Screw Liverpool.

lysglimt

Scout
Imagine how many United-fans there will be in the next couple of games - against Leicester, we will Chelsea, West Ham and Liverpool cheering for us
Against Liverpool we will have Leicester, Chelsea and West Ham cheering for us :)

Judas

Open to offers
I get that we should "go for it" but we simply can't, not with the schedule. Why risk injuries when we've got a final in a few weeks? We've potentially already lost our most important defender.

wise_old_man

Please, please, please field our U18s, Klopp won't ever be able to recover.

His tombstone will be changed from "Valencia was offside in the buildup" to "United played feckin kids against Brendan".
Let this old man humble you.

Given our stature with our squad depth and youth prospects, we should be able to win against Leicester even with our B-team. Then we use our full team to smash Liverpool. That should be a plan befitting Manchester United. We should aim to win both even with limited choices.

I see a lot of you guys want a meltdown at RAWK after we dump Liverpool out of top 4. But imagine the real meltdown there if their hated rival Everton beat City right in the last day to give the 21st Premier League trophy to us? That would be the true stuff of legendary meltdown.

Aguero in his first City season delivered a heart-breaking AGUEROOOO moment to us in the 93rd minute. Imagine Everton getting a last-minute corner against City, I can already picture him having an AGUEROOOO own goal in the 93rd minute of his last City season to gift us our long-awaited post-Fergie Premier League title. You heard it here first.

Glorio

Basically "we go for it!" with a changed side - hopefully with a crop of the youngsters as well i.e. Amad, Elanga and Mejbri particularly

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I want us to play a heavily rotated team in this game to alleviate the strain 3 games in 5 days somewhat, but I still want us to win the game and for the fringe/young players to do well.

A win pretty much confirms 2nd place (Chelsea could only finish above us on GD after that, though we are ahead of them by 8) and it means we can go into the Liverpool with all the pressure on them. A win tomorrow also keeps delaying City's title. Don't really care if Liverpool make top 4 or not, though I would like it to be Leicester and/or West Ham as it's good to break the constant cycle of the same few teams qualifying every year.

4 wins from 4 would also better our 2nd place/81pts finish that Jose like to harp on about being one of his best achievements.

Devil may care

I want us to beat Leicester and Liverpool, keep our momentum going, that'll mean Leicester will still have a 6 point lead over Liverpool with 3 games to go, if they can't get it done from there, feck 'em.

Verminator

People dreaming of being 4 points behind City, after this week, never seem to mention that they will be 4 points ahead, with a game in hand.

Just because it isn't mathematically impossible, doesn't mean it is in any way, practically doable.

There is a line between optimism and deluded madness, and it's a pretty fecking big one.

George the Cat

I want to win, for the (very very very) remote chance that City trip up.

Didn't we let them close an 8 point gap with 5 games to go in 2012? (I am still SO pissed about that Everton game at OT).
An in form Newcastle away, Everton at home with their very good away record. Just BHA as well though. We can dream.

hubbuh

I hate that the “Top 4 Race” is a thing!

I genuinely couldn’t care less if Liverpool or anyone else makes it into Europe next season.
Unfortunately for you qualification and finances play a big part in football. Liverpool missing out on Europe would damage them financially and as a result would impact who they are able to sign. A few current Liverpool players might push for a move to a club playing in the CL, too. It's quite a big thing.

People dreaming of being 4 points behind City, after this week, never seem to mention that they will be 4 points ahead, with a game in hand.

Just because it isn't mathematically impossible, doesn't mean it is in any way, practically doable.

There is a line between optimism and deluded madness, and it's a pretty fecking big one.
Is there a single person who thinks we are in a title race? No one. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be going all out to win these games.

We should have pride in ensuring that we don’t let them win it easily. I’d feel far better that they win the league when they next play, rather than because we didn’t win a game.

Verminator

Is there a single person who thinks we are in a title race? No one. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be going all out to win these games.

We should have pride in ensuring that we don’t let them win it easily. I’d feel far better that they win the league when they next play, rather than because we didn’t win a game.
Well then, you have a problem with the league concept.
When the tipping point comes is unimportant. Whether they get crowned by winning their game, or by others failing to, the results over the season are responsible for the final places.

If it never pissed you off to hear the phrase, "United have won it without kicking a ball." then crack on. I can't help you.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We have a small chance to win the league, can't stomach the thought of losing any points now.

Pool will not come close to getting enough points for Top 4, LCFC will be fine.
Are you even paying attention to the league table?

Liverpool are a mere 6 points behind Leicester with a game in hand, making the race for top four a wide-open affair.

Also, If we beat Leicester tomorrow night, Liverpool will be well up for the game against us two days later, in addition to being far fitter than our players.

hubbuh

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous, despite the nice sentiment. We've barely pushed City at all the entire season. Their next three games are Newcastle, Brighton, and Everton. It's a wrap.

But they are going to win it easily. There's no point pretending this season hasn't been an absolute cakewalk for them. No one is going to be upset if win obviously, but equally if we drop points and that significantly hurts Liverpool then cowabunga dude.

NotQuiteManc

I still want United to win, but give the likes of Mata, VdB, Williams, Telles, Tuanzebe, Matic and Bailly some much needed game time. Bruno and Rashford should not start (but probably will). Would be nice to see the likes of Amad, Elanga and Mejbri starting but pretty unlikely given that even VdB has not started that many games before.

Well then, you have a problem with the league concept.
When the tipping point comes is unimportant. Whether they get crowned by winning their game, or by others failing to, the results over the season are responsible for the final places.

If it never pissed you off to hear the phrase, "United have won it without kicking a ball." then crack on. I can't help you.
bizarre post - and I really don’t understand what you are on about.

we have it in our control over the next two games to prevent City from winning the title until they play next - therefore we should be going all out to win. That’s pretty straight forward.