Who here wants us to beat Leicester?

valeron21

Absolutely want to win and think it’s important for the squad to keep trying to build a ‘winners mentality’. We should be using the squad and resting most of the players that played today and hope it’s enough.

Adamsk7

I think we can get away with playing this team and it should be enough for a draw if we play well -

Henderson (De Gea v ‘pool)

Tuanzebe
Lindelof
Bailly
Telles

Matic
DVB
Mata

Greenwood (for a half if poss)
Cavani (as above)
Amad

As far as being bothered - I think all Utd supporters and players should expect to win any game, no matter the circumstances

RedTiger

Half mast
Prefer Liverpool in the CL, wouldn't be surprised if Klopp throws the EL and concentrates on the league.
This. Everyone is ignoring the fact that if Liverpool miss put on Europe then they'll have around 48 games maximum next year and 40 games minimum. They don't have a squad to maintain their level of geggenpressengessenressen

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Really want to beat them! The feckers knocked us out of the cup and I genuinely don't care if they lose out on the CL (though preferably to West Ham not Liverpool).

RU Devil

Would like to win, but I definitely don't want to see our premium players start, let alone play the full game. Definitely don't risk Bruno or Pogba. I can see using them if the game is tied around the 70 min mark, but I'd rather see them rested for a full 90 vs Liverpool.

Maybe a 3-5-2 with Tuanzebe, Bailly, and maybe Lindelof or a youngster at back.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
On one side, I always want to win.

On the second hand, I want Liverpool to finish outside of top 4, and if that means we need to play a weak team against Leicester and most likely lose, I'm okay with it. It's for the greater good.

RuudTom83

I hate that the “Top 4 Race” is a thing!

I genuinely couldn’t care less if Liverpool or anyone else makes it into Europe next season.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I want to say I'm happy for us to lose this one, but I'm guaranteed to change my mind once the game starts. It's always the way.

I won't mind too much if we lose, though. Definitely one of those "can a loss be a win" type games.

stevoc

I want us to win and I want us to beat Liverpool on Thursday and be behind 4 points behind Man City. It’s football and anything can happen so I’m not giving up hope until it’s mathematically over.
Exactly how I feel, it's highly unlikely but you never know.

The White Pele

Without question I want us to win this game. I will be absolutely buzzing if we somehow manage to win all 3 games this week.

Given the circumstances, everyone expects us to slip up somewhere and hand City the title so it would be a real statement to take maximum points.

Having said that, we should obviously heavily rotate for Leicester given the side we put out today and the minutes accumulated. Winning the Europa is the top priority now so we shouldn’t take any stupid risks with players.

I still fancy us to have a decent crack at beating Leicester with a rotated side.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Be nice to see Liverpool miss out on the CL, but I can’t watch a match hoping we lose.

owlo

Be nice to see Liverpool miss out on the CL, but I can’t watch a match hoping we lose.
If the option was win and gain nothing vs lose and Liverpool definitely missed out on CL, I'd want to lose! Play the reserves or something for it. Don't think we'd categorically screw them though.

Toad

Always want us to win but I genuinely think with the games we have to play we should be playing and can justify playing a lot of second string players and young players. Then we can field our full strength against Liverpool.

Just so happens that scenario could also lead to Pool missing out on top 4.

Dve

I think we can get away with playing this team and it should be enough for a draw if we play well -

Henderson (De Gea v ‘pool)

Tuanzebe
Lindelof
Bailly
Telles

Matic
DVB
Mata

Greenwood (for a half if poss)
Cavani (as above)
Amad

As far as being bothered - I think all Utd supporters and players should expect to win any game, no matter the circumstances
I think Martial will be ready to play, so him instead of Greenwood, and Williams for Lindelöf.

RedDevil@84

Is ambivalent the new operative word to start yet another "Do you want your team to lose to achieve <Insert your goal here >" thread

Paul_Scholes18

I hope we play with the kids. I want to see our kids produce, but a 1-0 to Leicester when our kids play well and then Liverpool miss CL after we beat them with first 11 would be great.

RedDevil@84

I hope we play with the kids. I want to see our kids produce, but a 1-0 to Leicester when our kids play well and then Liverpool miss CL after we beat them with first 11 would be great.
No chance though. We didn't even give minutes to Amad in the Roma games which was already done. We ll play most of the lot with kids hardly getting any minutes

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I want us to win but we can't realistically field our first 11 so we'll have to rotate.
It's gotten to the point where it's between prioritizing this or Liverpool and that's an easy choice.
I say play as many squad players as possible and go full strength against Liverpool.

theklr

Well yeah , I want 2nd and as small gap to City as possible. But wont be annoyed if we lose.

redshaw

I want us to win every match all jokes aside. We have to change quite a few players but whoever plays I want them to win and I want our other players to improve and win this game and build an even stronger winning mentality.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I'm the eternal optimist, and therefore no matter how slim the chance is, it is still possible for us to win the league.

Plus, even if we did rest players against Leicester, that still doesn't guarantee us beating Liverpool.

You can't pick and choose which matches you win and lose (or draw).
Yes! I’m with you brother!

If we lose to Leicester why bother beating Liverpool etc....

croadyman

I want us to win and I want us to beat Liverpool on Thursday and be behind 4 points behind Man City. It’s football and anything can happen so I’m not giving up hope until it’s mathematically over.
Yeah my thoughts exactly they should be made to win it on Fri against Newcastle not handed it to them by us

Betson

If we lose to Leicester why bother beating Liverpool etc....
Did a Utd fan really ask that? Why bother beating Liverpool?

Even if it is only a pre season friendly that thought should never enter any Utd fans head.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd rather rest everyone and be fully fit against Liverpool which will be a tough game regardless of fitness. Stopping Leicesters free fall and making it tougher for Liverpool is like an added bonus tbh. The game on Tuesday is essentially a friendly. We'll be 6 points ahead of our nearest competitors even if we lose(or at least, have a game in hand to keep the 6 point gap) and there are so few games left, so we basically locked in 2nd place.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Ofcourse I want the team to win every match but not at the cost of Liverpool closing the gap to top 4.

BorisManUtd

I want us to win. Not sure if we'll be able to do it with likes of Tuanzebe, Telles, Matić, James etc in starting 11.

Tarrou

does the PL get 5 UCL spots this year as we have an English winner?

OrcaFat

Beating Liverpool is among the best things that can happen.

However, there is a long list of others I like to smash and Brendan Rodgers is on that list (and fairly high up it) so yes I want to beat Leicester.

Statue of Limitations

We have a small chance to win the league, can't stomach the thought of losing any points now.

Pool will not come close to getting enough points for Top 4, LCFC will be fine.

Redfrog

I don’t want city to win the title because we lose. We won’t win the title but if we win the next 4 we can finish the season on the high not so far behind city. That will be good for confidence starting next season. No matter what, I don’t want to see our heads dropped.
If we want to win the title, we don’t need to look at Liverpool but up to the table. That is where should be our aspirations.

redrobed

I have a winning mentality and always want to win. This wanting to lose to keep a rival out the top 4 feels more like a Liverpool type mindset. I don’t consider Liverpool to be my rival. In my lifetime I can’t tell you how many titles I’ve won but I can tell you how many they have - 1.