Who here wants us to lose to Chelsea?

m1tch

No, I hate seeing us lose. Still want him gone though even if we win.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I dont. I want LVG out but I want us to win.
What I would really like is for the team to turn it all around and go on a really good run. Not because I simply want us to win a trophy but because it would be nice to see a manager able to overcome adversity and show just how good he is.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Whilst I never want my team to lose it isn't hard to see why some would. In a situation like this fans may feel it will benefit the team more to lose one game and get a new manager in who will do better over the remainder of the season. Isn't anywhere near as bad as some make it out to be.
Some have wanted us to lose our last three matches though, which we did

stepic

Almost everyone wants LVG to be fired.

Almost everyone doesn't want to lose tomorrow.

Those two statements don't work together.

Given that LVG being fired/him resigning is ultimately more important long term than a single game, and given the Board needs to seemingly be pushed into making this decision, then it stands to reason a loss tomorrow is actually the better outcome. Obviously if we lose and LVG still remains manager, then that's the worst case scenario, but then that would just further highlight the incompetence of the Board, not the 'true fan-ness' of the fans.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Another question - what would you guys rather happen from these two (realistic) scenarios?

1. Win tomorrow, LvG leads us to a 5th place finish, 1 point off 4th
2. Lose tomorrow, Jose is appointed the following day, leads us to a 4th place finish
I dont have an answer to this question because I dont want either manager at Utd.

iKeano

I don't. Every point matters.
Clearly doesn't matter to the board or that fool would have been gone by now!

For the record I want us to win... But then again, I wanted us to win against Bournemouth, Norwich, Stoke etc etc.

I also wanted a Ferrari for Christmas, but that didn't happen either!

Someone

Something
We can't afford losing anymore points, and we've had too many losses already and nothing happened.

SalfordRed1960

It's a nice notion but many people will want this, and it's the clubs fault for backing them into a corner with the stuff they're leaking to the press, they're almost encouraging this thought process amongst fans.
Surely the club should not be expected to respond to every situation, giving confirmation or denial to every accusation. If fans want to create their own little worlds of make believe what has it to do with the club. Everyone should want their team to win.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I don't think this single match will make a difference. If a sack or resignation is forthcoming it has already been decided.

Ibnu Ramli

Legend
And we'll continue to drop points if LVG keeps his job because we fluke a win tomorrow.

If it was that simple: Win/draw and he stays, lose and he goes, then I must say I'd take another defeat for the benefit of the club's future.
I wish there was a Like button Jev ;)

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Threads like this are as pathetic as the teams form. Why the hell do you want your own team to lose?

stepic

Threads like this are as pathetic as the teams form. Why the hell do you want your own team to lose?
It's pretty obvious. To force the dismissal of LVG. Bigger picture and all that.

Ideally we'd win and he'd still get sacked. The notion is that a win may delay such an action which would arguably be worse given were clearly not going anywhere with him him charge.

Gopher Brown

I hope we win 10-0 and van Gaal leads us to the league and cups.

Whether that will happen is by the by.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Are we going to have one of these threads every time we play until he goes? Really?!?

LARulz

Two options for me:
1) We win and he resigns.
2) We win and we "turn it around", win any of the Premier League, FA Cup (+ top 4) or Europa League.
I do not for a second believe those are the only 2 options, there is also a very real option of:

Scrap a win tomorrow, struggle through the rest of the season with inconsistent form and just miss out on top 4.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
LVG is not Manchester United. So support the club no matter what.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
We can win 5-0 tomorrow and I would still want Van Gaal to get sacked. Managers like Pochettino are the ones that should be managing United, not someone who thinks we need Neymar, Messi, etc., to be successful.

Timdbro

I've never wanted us to lose anything. The closest I came was towards the end of Moyes' tenure, when it was almost mathematically certain we'd miss out on top 4, and clear to anyone who'd been watching us it wasn't going to happen, meaning that our matches were virtually meaningless.
That isn't the case now though; the top 4 race is very much on, and I don't want us to drop a single point, regardless of who the manager is.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
the father, the son and the holy ibnu.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Wow, feck me this really is embarrassing.

Actually wanting your team to lose, is that some 4th dimension, existential version of supporting your team or something?

Vam Gaal is a dead man walking at this point but feck me some of you need to get over yourselves, even with 10 minutes to go I was looking for the never say die attitude and believed against all odds that we'd come back.

Those of you hoping for a loss, will you like actually be actively cheering if we're losing? feck me!

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
It's pretty obvious. To force the dismissal of LVG. Bigger picture and all that.

Ideally we'd win and he'd still get sacked. The notion is that a win may delay such an action which would arguably be worse given were clearly not going anywhere with him him charge.
Surely 'ideally we'd win and van gaal would prove all doubters wrong by winning the league'.

These days the support seems to be primarily focused on signing players and sacking managers.

I'm rapidly falling out of love with the game.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
We need to win, we are in jeopardy of losing Champions League football. The fans pay good money on season tickets to watch us perform.

Shit mentality from any fan that says yes.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
This is the type of thread that we'd be pissing ourselves at if it was on Bluemoon or RAWK.

This place is just as bad as when it's in meltdown.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
A lot of people think LVG reached the end of his rope, but I would never actively want United to lose to facilitate the sacking of anyone.

Seriously. F*ck.
I certainly get what you're saying but the last bit makes me think you're taking football and a rich man's unneeded job a bit too seriously.

Not just aimed at you, but others who've echoed similar in the past too.