Who is better at football between Bruno and Eriksen?

Kaushal

If Eriksen signs for us people underrating him gonna change their opinion very quickly. Wonderful player.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Considering that goals and assists are only ever Bruno's argument, in his best four consecutive league seasons, he returned 0.68 non-penalty goals or assists. Eriksen in his best four consecutive league seasons returned 0.60 non-penalty goals and assists every 90 minutes. That's an extra 3 goal involvement in a 38 game season. Basically the same level, and the first of Bruno's four was in Eriksen's third season.

Bruno's 'peak' that gets shoved down our throats everyday was literally the period he got to convert 34 penalties in three years. Look beyond the sheer number of penalties Sporting Lisbon and Manchester United won during that period, and Bruno has no argument against Christian Eriksen as a midfielder.
Bingo, it is like comparing lampard to xavi and saying lampard is better because of stats

Oranges038

Technically not much between them.

Bruno just looks for the killer pass all the time, he could hit the same numbers in terms of goals and assists as he has, if he was more clever in his use of the ball. As it is, his style is like throwing shit at a wall, some of it is bound to stick.

Eriksen is just a smarter, more composed player who knows how to use the ball and his time on it better.

ForeverRed1

Both really good players but I’d say Eriksen has a better footballing IQ. Bruno is effective, will take risks, create and score goals.. when he’s in form, he’s one of the best at it.

Eriksen is smoother and oozes class on the ball. He’s less erratic than Bruno but on Bruno’s day he will create and score more. Bruno is a machine when he’s on song.

What a brilliant option to have both in your squad. To be able to switch it up and use both. 0-0 at 60 minutes being able to bring either of these two on.. isn’t a bad position to be in. Game changers. If he can find a way to use both at same time then teams will struggle against us. Both of them are very effective footballers.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Eriksen has never been anyway near as decisive as Bruno was during his first year with us. But he's also never been near as destructive as Bruno was for half his games last season.
Didn’t he fully down tools at Spurs for an entire season?

diarm

At their best, I'd say Bruno is a bit better than Eriksen. At their worst, Eriksen is far, far better than Bruno.

Depends on what you want more - the absolute top ceiling that Bruno can reach, or the consistency of a player you know won't stink out the joint sometimes.

Deery

Dreary
Bruno is a weird one when he is on it he could be brilliant even bag a hat trick and you wouldn’t be surprised, when he’s not he’s absolutely shocking.

Eriksen is okay can look silky as at times and really shines for Denmark, but also has had periods of being off it didn’t exactly pull up trees at Inter.

So I’d say Bruno on fact of having a higher ceiling..

Myblueheaven4

Supports
Oldham athletic
As a neutral here, but love watching Premier league and esp UTD, I would say Eriksen is one of those players who goes about his stuff without being too noticable, he is a very clever player.
Bruno is also a very clever player but he has to center of attention, a very vocal and heart on sleeve player.
Both in the same team would be a good move imo

Thistlesoup

I don't quiet understand the comparison. Despite being similar, these players are quiet different.

Both of them are basically a better version of Juan Mata.

Bruno is Juan Mata with more pace, grit, attitude and workrate, but less technique and finess.

Eriksen is basically Juan Mata with the same technique, finess and vision, slightly faster with more workrate, but still less than Bruno.

While being similar, these 2 are still different players.

The only reason Eriksen is rated so highly is because he didn't play for us. I already see how the caf would react when he attempts a through ball, losses possession and just site there and jogs back a la Pogba. This place would eat him for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For those of you wondering what I'm talking about, this season he has a 74.4% pass completion rate, where Bruno has 75%. And Bruno is supposed to have a mare of a season.

Agree with this. Eriksen isn't the answer for anything except proving more depth on the bench.

NYAS

If you think Bruno is better state why. It's a debate.
Considering he hasn’t been coached in more than 2 years, I think Bruno has shown enough in a “vibes and inshallah” environment to make me excited to see how good he could be under an actual football coach.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm assuming we're talking Eriksen at his best here?

Depends. Same level of player, but Eriksen is better for good teams, Bruno for bad teams. Basically Eriksen is better at playing with other great players, whereas Bruno is better as the team's best player and talisman

Deery

Dreary
I'm assuming we're talking Eriksen at his best here?

Depends. Same level of player, but Eriksen is better for good teams, Bruno for bad teams. Basically Eriksen is better at playing with other great players, whereas Bruno is better as the team's best player and talisman
Not really Bruno isn’t great for Portugal as where Eriksen shines for Denmark.

Idxomer

Not really Bruno isn’t great for Portugal as where Eriksen shines for Denmark.
That kinda proves his point. Denmark is a good team, Bruno doesn't shine for Portugal because he isn't the team's best player and he's mostly asked to play a different role.

iHicksy

Bruno is a very good player but he doesn't put insane numbers and he hasn't shown that he is better at winning games.
You're talking absolute rubbish. Do you have a memory problem past this season perhaps?

2019/2020

Apps 50, Goals 27, Assists 22

2020/2021

Apps 58, Goals 29, Assists 17

If you don't know that the above numbers are absolutely amazing for an attacking midfielder then I don't know what to say.

youngrell

Bruno has better goals/assist stats, better defensive stats, plays more forward passes and less backwards passes, but Eriksen has better overall passing stats. The difference between all of these stats is very marginal so to claim one is clearly better of the other is wide of the mark.

They are a very similar level of ability and bring slightly different things to a team, but there's no doubt in my mind that Bruno is the man for us. The introduction of Eriksen will surely help him.

fps

Eriksen does a lot of very brilliant things that make a whole team play better.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Considering he hasn’t been coached in more than 2 years, I think Bruno has shown enough in a “vibes and inshallah” environment to make me excited to see how good he could be under an actual football coach.
Brunos "vibes" era was the best era of his career. That should say something.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It’s mad isn’t it. You’ve posters on here dying to crucify Bruno after one very bad season after one and a half outstanding seasons here and a few more in Portugal. Posters who been standing up for the likes of Pogba and Rashford over the years no matter how poor, unfit or disinterested they look. Players who’ve consistently bottled the big moments despite having a manager who coddled them. Players who run to the press when things aren’t cushy enough. That’s the kind of toxic situation Bruno came into. He can’t be expected to come along and do it all himself for years. As soon as his form dips it’s like people try to use that as an excuse to justify the terrible form of their own favourite players when Bruno had easily surpassed them when he was playing well,

El Jefe

Eriksen probably over a long sample but Bruno's peak is higher and Bruno is probably also the better player right now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You're talking absolute rubbish. Do you have a memory problem past this season perhaps?

2019/2020

2020/2021

If you don't know that the above numbers are absolutely amazing for an attacking midfielder then I don't know what to say.
They are not insane when you consider that 21 of those goals are penalties. For United in 2019/2020 he registered 12 goals and 8 assists including 8 penalties in 22 games. In 2020/2021 he registered 28 goals and 17 assists including 13 penalties in 59 games. That's good but not insane, I reserve the term insane for the 2012/2013 season from Mata where he registered 19 goals and 35 assists with 0 penalties in 65 games.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It’s mad isn’t it. You’ve posters on here dying to crucify Bruno after one very bad season after one and a half outstanding seasons here and a few more in Portugal. Posters who been standing up for the likes of Pogba and Rashford over the years no matter how poor, unfit or disinterested they look. Players who’ve consistently bottled the big moments despite having a manager who coddled them. Players who run to the press when things aren’t cushy enough. That’s the kind of toxic situation Bruno came into. He can’t be expected to come along and do it all himself for years. As soon as his form dips it’s like people try to use that as an excuse to justify the terrible form of their own favourite players when Bruno had easily surpassed them when he was playing well,
You shouldn’t find it mad at all when you appear to be doing the exact same thing, only for your own ‘favourite player’. Basically two sides of the same coin. There will be people who likely feel that you or others will always make excuses for Bruno just as you feel they always make excuses for Pogba or Rashford. I don’t see any superiority as such.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
You shouldn’t find it mad at all when you appear to be doing the exact same thing, only for your own ‘favourite player’. Basically two sides of the same coin. There will be people who likely feel that you or others will always make excuses for Bruno just as you feel they always make excuses for Pogba or Rashford. I don’t see any superiority as such.
If you read my earlier post in here you’ll see I’m not making excuses for Bruno? He was absolutely shite last season, couldn’t even do the basics right. Can one player really indefinitely continue to carry a toxic team though? One thing I know for sure is we were going nowhere and creating little for quite a while before Bruno arrived and he lifted everyone around him while the other lads fluctuated from really poor and to pretty decent and that’s after years here when they should be at their peak. When is it ok to call it out? If Bruno is as bad next season then we clearly have another problem.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's not even the same thing, people mainly argued against the idea that Pogba was the worst performer in the team which has been a recurring claim by some. Bruno being the worst or not good isn't a common idea, he is a good to very good player but isn't the generational talent that some want to describe and doesn't have insane stats either, he has flaws that need to be acknowledged and masked but that's true for almost all players.

Hammondo

2019/2020

2020/2021

Where are you getting those numbers from?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If you read my earlier post in here you’ll see I’m not making excuses for Bruno? He was absolutely shite last season, couldn’t even do the basics right. Can one player really indefinitely continue to carry a toxic team though? One thing I know for sure is we were going nowhere and creating little for quite a while before Bruno arrived and he lifted everyone around him while the other lads fluctuated from really poor and to pretty decent and that’s after years here when they should be at their peak. When is it ok to call it out? If Bruno is as bad next season then we clearly have another problem.
I mean, naturally, you feel your own assessments are the most balanced and reasonable and the opposing isn’t. That’s sort of my point. Some people don’t agree that Bruno was carrying our team before last season, for example, some people believe Pogba was our best player for his first few years, others see Rashford as having been a top performer for much of his time too.

You speak of other player’s form fluctuating from ‘really poor to pretty decent’ (never ‘good’, of course) in your view, but take issue with Bruno’s fluctuations being discussed. And people keep going on about ‘one bad season’ as if Bruno has been here for 6! He’s had two full seasons at the club ffs! One season is a not insignificant amount of his time here. There are also differences in opinion in everything that came before this season too. I recall for months in the previous season, posters who were reticent to criticise him instead created the alternative/preferable narrative that he was suffering from fatigue when they didn’t like what they saw. Others can easily mention how Rashford has been injured/playing with or recovering from injury, or Pogba has been injured/recovering from injury or covid.

Point is, I don’t see you as being particularly different, and you say we have a problem if Bruno is bad next season, but I don’t see why it is your line that is needed to be the line to where it becomes acceptable for people to think Bruno is a problem.

Abraxas

There's no way I'd give up Bruno for Eriksen and it's not just to do with age. It amuses me that there's a bit of snobbery towards scoring and providing goals. Isn't that the aim of the game? His output for ourselves and Sporting is right up there.

They're both players that can give the ball away plenty. They're proper attacking midfielders that try things in that sense, so I don't see a massive difference there. Maybe Bruno tries the ridiculous more often.

There isn't a massive amount between them, I wouldn't say either has ever been among the best in the world, they're kind of within that tier below and they start to enter the conversation on their best form.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
As someone aptly mentioned, if you need a leader that is going to drag your dysfunctional team forward, Bruno is your man but Eriksen will be a better fit for a more organized team.

People saying that Bruno only ever had 6 good months are simply showcasing their ignorance though. This is a midfielder who had scored 98 goals in 3 seasons (1,5 in England and 1,5 in Portugal) — while being the main creative outlet for his teams.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Eriksen makes a team function and Bruno stands out in a pile of rubble.
Not sure who the better individual is but I know I’d prefer Eriksen in my team because he knows how to take a backseat and coax his team back into shape. With Bruno, in his generation I see no better player of his type but not my cuppa.

Bobski

Eriksen was Spurs version of Utd Mata for much of his time there, maybe a little better. Good player, but not a game changer, at his peak.