Who is our most important player this season?

Well...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A-man

We've conceded 15 goals without him on the pitch in the league, he's a huge miss.

I don't think the defence has been doing ok without him and not only in terms of goals conceded.
The Martinez-Maguire experiment at the start of the season was clearly a flop, but since then we’ve added Casemiro and got better shape. If we look at Varane’s injuries, we have won 7 and lost 1 when he’s been out injured.

Anyway, in the end he is our best defender when it comes to defending (in possession is another thing), but my point was that we haven’t suffered result wise since his injury problems started.

Edit: should be noted however that some of those wins were fairly easy EL games.

sugar_kane

I expect if the poll was reset now it would be very different. Eriksen has been a great signing but doesn't bring it every week.

Martinez on the other hand bar the shaky start has been an incredible signing. His passing out from the back, his aggression and work-rate. I honestly think people (not just United fans) will come to see him as world class and he might even be the type of player we struggle to hang onto in a few years time (when was the last time you could say that about a United player??)

Varane is brilliant but can't be relied on in the same way given how injury prone he is.

Casemiro is fantastic and I'm so happy we have him but he isn't half prone to fecking up an easy pass.

All said though, Bruno whatever his output brings it every game and that's even more clear when he's not on the pitch.

For me it's a choice between Bruno & Martinez, Bruno probably edging it because it's still early days for the former.

Red Rash

I believe it's either Martinez or Casemiro. Both bring an additional level of aggression and solidity to our defence and midfield.

They are also both way better at moving the ball early compared to the options we had last season which helps us to set up attacks quicker (even though we haven't fully benefited from this due to lack of goals from forward players)

LoneStar

It's Ronaldo. If he starts, all our players just seem to pander to him. No need to expand on his off the field antics either.

Maybe important is not the right word. It's actually influencial.

Across the pitch, it's Martial (whenever he's fit), Casemiro and the two CBs i.e. Martinez and Varane. If I had to pick one among the two CBs, Martinez probably edges it due to his passing and agression. So wonderful to see a CB pass through the opposition midfield with ease.

Swordsman

I expect if the poll was reset now it would be very different. Eriksen has been a great signing but doesn't bring it every week.

Martinez on the other hand bar the shaky start has been an incredible signing. His passing out from the back, his aggression and work-rate. I honestly think people (not just United fans) will come to see him as world class and he might even be the type of player we struggle to hang onto in a few years time (when was the last time you could say that about a United player??)

Varane is brilliant but can't be relied on in the same way given how injury prone he is.

Casemiro is fantastic and I'm so happy we have him but he isn't half prone to fecking up an easy pass.

All said though, Bruno whatever his output brings it every game and that's even more clear when he's not on the pitch.

For me it's a choice between Bruno & Martinez, Bruno probably edging it because it's still early days for the former.
Other than cr7 i cant think of any who we struggle to hold on.

Maticmaker

If it has to be one player then its Martinez for me, he has brought the artistry, (dark arts), the tenacity and the pride in defending back to the club.
Stalwarts of old, Roger Byrne, Billy Foulkes, Noel Cantwell, Martin Buchan, Denis Irwin, to name but a few, will be nodding in agreement and smiling to themselves wherever they are now.

Dion

It's Rashford, one way or another you need goals to win games and Rashford is our only consistent source.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Piers Morgan, the twat decided City weren't competition enough so decided to help us out by getting Ronaldo forced out.

Idxomer

This season so far we have a lot of players you could make that argument for.

It's still Varane for me though because no defender in the squad has his combination of pace and aerial dominance

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Voted Varane and still think it is. True leader at the back

Redlyn

55% of the votes for Eriksen, what?!
It looked that way in Sep when the poll was made. By then casemiro was yet to bed in with McT looking really good and Eriksen was a breath of fresh air in the middle.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
  1. Casemiro
  2. Rashford
  3. Varane
Is IMO the most important 3 players in our squad. We simply don't have adequate cover for them (it's very hard to have that anyway), but they are a bit unique in what they offer to us so if they're out, we really struggle.

Casemiro out, McTominay comes in... McTominay is decent enough as a squad player, but there's such a big gap there and it's always noticeable, not a doubt in my mind saying Casemiro is our most important.

Rashford then in attack, as none of our other attackers have that directness, pace and movement off the ball to be a real scoring threat. Even if Sancho and Antony and Martial find form, we'd lack what Rashford offers. Garnacho still a kid but he could help cover that. Once the others come into form I don't think it'll be so bad, but without Rashford we do struggle for creation.

Varane lastly, absolute beast of a CB, just his blend of qualities all round, his pace and being dominant in the air and being good on the ball, so hard to replace. You take him out and we slow down on the ball if it's Maguire in, we have a much slower CB in whether it's Lindelof or Maguire (especially Maguire), and aerially we drop if it's Lindelof, but of course positionally as a group we drop massively, because Varane is a leader back there. Needs to stay fit, and we really need proper cover for him.

Others like Shaw and Bruno are brilliant, but between Martinez and Malacia, we can have a very good left sided defence, and then Eriksen/Bruno/Fred can each form very good partnerships, and now Wan Bissaka has gotten his level back where we can have a solid RB either way. 3 irreplaceable guys though.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Piers Morgan, the twat decided City weren't competition enough so decided to help us out by getting Ronaldo forced out.
Blimey, hadn't even thought about that :lol:

We are gonna win the league!
Thank you Piers Morgan

Bobski

In terms of structure and the gap between his level and the replacement I think it is Casemiro. He has made the CB's job a lot easier and build up play smoother.

Crashoutcassius

varane and casemiro on the one end, with ddg winning us a few points too

bruno and rashford up the other end. we still struggle to create anything without bruno

maurinho

Supports
FC Porto
You guys have a great team. No need to single out anyone

AndySmith1990

Casemiro. Rashford runs him close and special mention for Martinez. But Casemiro brings so much to the entire team

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Casemiro by a mile. Makes the team tick. The defence look more secure with him in front. He also takes it up on him self to get further forward when we need a goal and makes things happen. On the other hand though you could argue rashford… without him where do our goals come from?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Casemiro. Rashford runs him close and special mention for Martinez. But Casemiro brings so much to the entire team
Ye we have a few that are the most important in different ways. Rashford for the goals. Casemiro for everything he brings. Brings so much calmness to our midfield. He’s a solid player who gets 7+ every game.

simplyared

You could formulate the question in another way:
"Which player would have the biggest impact on our team if were not playing?"
Garnacho for Rashford.
McT for Casemiro.
Eriksen för Bruno
Obvious answer = Casemiro

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Reopen the polls and see what happens over the next 4 weeks of voting. Casemiro for me, had Martinez due to his impact at the beginning and Casemiro not playing many games for the first few weeks, but hes miles ahead of everyone for me. His overall play on the pitch has been fantastic and is consistent game to game, big miss against Arsenal.

mshnsh

1. Casemiro
2. Martinez
3. Rashford
4. Varane
5. Bruno
6. Da Gea
7. Eriksen
8. Garnacho
9. Shaw

Tells you we need a right back and a good no 9