Who is our most important player?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Pogba, Bruno and Maguire. In random order.
Shaw and Cavani close to them. Undecided on Rashford.

If i must choose one then........i want to say Pogba and based on ability it should be Pogba but it is Bruno.

Maticmaker

The most important player?
Usually I would say its your 'match winner' i.e the one who on their own you can rely on to win you the game, when things were going 'tits up'.
We've had a few over the years, but just recently I would say;

David De Gea, has won us games from the position of keeper (e.g.Spurs away a couple of seasons back!)
Rashford's 'lone-striker' goals, important pen's (PSG away) (perhaps why Southgate took a 'punt' with him against Italy?)
Greenwood's (come on as sub) and score winner, goals.
Bruno's penalties, delicate chips and passes to set others in
Pogba's defence splitting( 60yrds+) pin point passes (as well as the odd well timed goal)
Cavani's ( 'dart- across-the-box)'goals;

but for me its Maguire, when hes not playing, nine times out of ten, then neither are we!

Adam_TFS

Has to be Maguire. He is the leader and captain for a reason. He organises and motivates players when their heads drop in a way no one else in the team does. Football, IMO, is 70% mental, 30% skill and no one handles the mental side as well as our skipper.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Fernandes by a million miles. I think people are forgetting just how much we struggled creatively before he joined.

norm87cro

I'm happy England did well and that both Maguire and Shaw stepped up this summer but judging on his UNITED form last season and his instant contribution it is without a shadow of a doubt Fernandes. This could change next season offcourse.

Juanuzayne

Maguire
Pogba
Bruno
Shaw
Cavani

Before 2021, I would have had Bruno at the top as he had a sensational 2020 and was holding the whole team together himself. But his form took a dive this year. Let’s see how he starts this season. Pogba was far more influential in our attack when he came back from his hamstring injury.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Tier 1:
Maguire, Bruno, Shaw, and Pogba depending on form, fitness, mental health, etc.

Tier 2:
Rashford, Sancho, Cavani, AWB, and Greenwood. Expecting Sancho, Rashford and maybe Greenwood to go to tier 1 this season. ,

Tier 3
Mctominay, Fred, linderlof, De Gea, Diallo, Martial, and Henderson. I expect we will see multiple players from this tier, enter tier 2.

Tier 4

rest