Who is our third best player?

jem

Casting my attention away from the rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth conspiratorial posts that have clogged up this thread, I would say that our 3 best players are clearly Fernandes, Shaw, and Pogba. Close behind would be Rashford, and after that there is a quite a big gap to the likes of AWB, Maguire, De Gea, and McTominay.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
In terms of talent, i'd say Pogba is probably our best player, the problem is consistency and application. Too often over his tenure at united you weren't sure what you were going to get, 1 game he could be our best player, the next he may as well not be on the pitch.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Casting my attention away from the rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth conspiratorial posts that have clogged up this thread, I would say that our 3 best players are clearly Fernandes, Shaw, and Pogba. Close behind would be Rashford, and after that there is a quite a big gap to the likes of AWB, Maguire, De Gea, and McTominay.
This is pretty spot on, especially if we are going with “current form”. Otherwise on average I’d have to throw Martial in there but obviously not based on this season.

Overall I’m seeing some gross underrating of Pogba in this thread, he was our best player recently before getting hurt.

jem

This is pretty spot on, especially if we are going with “current form”. Otherwise on average I’d have to throw Martial in there but obviously not based on this season.

Overall I’m seeing some gross underrating of Pogba in this thread, he was our best player recently before getting hurt.
Just a heads up: SadlerMUFC will likely accuse you of having an agenda or being brainwashed for saying that.

Steve Bruce

Based on this season: Bruno, Shaw then there's a bit of a gap with the rest
Rashford is our 2nd highest scorer and when he doesn’t play I think you see a major difference.

Just my opinion, don't disagree with your top 2 though but just think Rashford is just behind & apparently has been playing with a shoulder injury most of the season

Suedesi

Rashford is our 2nd highest scorer and when he doesn’t play I think you see a major difference.

Just my opinion, don't disagree with your top 2 though but just think Rashford is just behind & apparently has been playing with a shoulder injury most of the season
Fair enough on Rashford. Would add Pogba as well in there, his presence is def felt.

MU655

Shaw and Fernandes are our best players. Rashford is third.

In terms of the average quality of performance over 90 minutes, I would put Shaw first.

In terms of talent, Pogba would arguably be first. Otherwise, it really depends on which Pogba turns up.

NoPace

This season, I'd say:

1 - Bruno

2 - Rashford, Shaw, Pogba when he's not stuck in a midfield 2

3 - Wan-Bissaka, McTominay, Greenwood as a 9 or against a high line as an RW, Martial against a high line, De Gea

4 - Telles, Pogba in a midfield 2, Fred, Maguire, Lindelof, Cavani against a deep defence, Bailly,

5 - Deano, James against a high line, Van De Beek as an 8, Greenwood as a RW against a deep defence, Mata

6 - Matic, Martial against a deep defence, James against a deep line, Van De Beek as an 8, Brandon Williams, Van De Beek as a 10, Cavani against a high line

And I'd expect Telles to move up intro group 3 or 2 next year, Diallo to join the group 4s next year, Van De Beek as a 10 to move up.

Transfer-wise, real case for looking a this and saying that if Pogba stays it probably makes sense for us to prioritize signing the best possible players at RW and CB, and just give McTominay sitting with Pogba and Bruno ahead of him a shot and hope the 9s can rotate enough, then get a backup RB and a starting DM if provides.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
In term of talent.

1) Pogba
2) Rashford
3) Bruno

In term of this season performance.

1) Bruno
2) Shaw
3) Rashford

CG1010

In terms of actual performances this season, it is comfortably Shaw?

Rob Bowman

Bruno, and then Pogba, Shaw and Rashford are class. Bruno is the best and the next three round out the top four I will let you pick the order, each has his day.

This is what gets me hopeful about United, we have a spine to build a team on.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pogba is the best by a considerable margin. You would have to put Bruno at 2 for sheer impact, and I’d put Shaw at 3.

Rashford has been poor for a while but his goal contributions are actually quite high.

Crustanoid

Luke Shaw is a general on the left flank. He’s basically world class and needs to be acknowledged as such given the ejaculations over the 2 season/PEDs fuelled wonder boy Robertson over the last couple of seasons

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Rashford really hasn’t been good for much of this year. Not sure how people have him ahead of PP
Half the people around these streets think McTominay is better than Pogba, it really isn’t that shocking. Rashford is at least in a high bracket of player. But he was much better last season tbh, but I think he’ll be back. He could do with some form of competition though.

0le

1. Bruno
= Pogba
= Luke Shaw
4. Maguire

Honestly they are all vital. I'd say the fourth best player is Maguire, just behind the other three.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Just going by natural ability.
1. POGBA. World class, we just don't see it enough. Probably cos he's surrounded by dolts.
2. Technically brilliant footballer, Bruno Fernándes.Needs better support.Has been over played this season.
3.Marcus Rashford. Great, game changing skill, great guy, seems a little tired and low on confidence of late. Like Bruno needs support.
4. Cavani.
5. Luke Shaw.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Probably Rashford, although Shaw is a close fourth, but by nature of position it has to be Rashford. But without Bruno and Pogba, Rashford is not going to find much success so he has to come after those two. I feel a bit silly putting Pogba this season because he's not been available, but if we're talking best (and not most important) in a vacuum, then I think this is the correct order. Pogba/Bruno/Rashford.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
---rashford
---------------Pogba
Shaw

Very strong left side

Hoof the ball

It's really a shame that considerations are not made for high performing players in different areas of the field. In terms of what is expected for a full-back, and given the limitations of that position relative to scoring and assisting, it's not a wild belief that Shaw is in the running for Player of the Season. Now, argument will be made that Bruno is indisputably number one, and I'd agree with that. His influence is unparalleled, but all praise is due for Shaw, who has made himself the joint second most imminent name on the team sheet.