Who is "the right striker" in the transfer market?

Seb burrow

We need a proper out and out striker. Someone like Ruud or RvP (not easy to find I know) but martial and Rashford can’t and won’t cut it. They both don’t make those intelligent/goal poacher runs we are crying out for.

Plus martial is so unreliable fitness wise.

Zapata, Wilson, Werner, Dembele and Belloti all need to monitored over the next couple of months.

I would also like us to put in an early bid too, funnily enough you can put in cheeky bids before the transfer window opens which is something that seriously annoys me with United and leaving things late.

Noc-Z

ffs
We've got to go after Werner. We don't have a striker. Rashford isn't one. Martial is debatable but it looks like he'll never be prolific.

Werner, Sancho and Fernandes would be a dream. Probably a pipe dream mind you.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I thought Kane was an Arsenal fan? Kane would be stupid to come here anyway if he was to leave Spurs. He'd have City after him.
He played for an Arsenal youth team when he was a kid but he is and his entire family are all Spurs fans.

Bwuk

He played for an Arsenal youth team when he was a kid but he is and his entire family are all Spurs fans.
Fair enough. I don't think the fan part of it really matters anyway, I don't see Kane leaving unless Madrid, PSG or City offered him stupid money, as Spurs would price him out of any move anyway.

Not that I think he particularly wants to leave anyway.

MUFC OK

We've got to go after Werner. We don't have a striker. Rashford isn't one. Martial is debatable but it looks like he'll never be prolific.

Werner, Sancho and Fernandes would be a dream. Probably a pipe dream mind you.
He is the stand out candidate who is attainable. I would love it to happen and think it is possible if we are willing to pay what it takes. We of course will try to drive a hard bargain if we are even after him at all.

Equally we need creativity to make chances for our number 9. Nonetheless, Rashford isnt that guy, which to be fair Ole may have seen when he clearly prioritised Martial there.

Eric's Seagull

There aren't any top strikers available. Timo Werner is the only option I see. There was a period when players like Lacazette and Aubamayang were ready to take the next step but right now I don't see any good striker that fits us and isn't already at a top club.
How much do you think they will want for him if they decide to sell? Transfermarkt value him at £58.5m?

RedWat

a few months ago Ole was happy with the squad, even though it was blatantly obvious we were lacking up front.
I don't think Ole was ever happy with up front after Lukaku was sold and then Sanchez loaned out. I believe he is walking a fine line in appeasing Ed/the board who appointed him. After all I believe it was their decision not to replace Lukaku
a few months ago Ole was happy with the squad, even though it was blatantly obvious we were lacking up front.
I don't think Ole was ever happy with up front after Lukaku was sold and then Sanchez loaned out. I believe he is walking a fine line in appeasing Ed/the board who appointed him. After all I believe it was their decision not to replace Lukaku but to use the money to pay Maguire. It wouldn't surprise me if Ed told Ole he will have to make do with the current striking options until Jan or even next summer. We shall see.

Jonno

So Kane would leave Spurs because they are going backwards and would willingly move to Utd who are also moving backwards but at about twice the pace that Spurs is?
I think based on the fact that Spurs will not be as big a club as Man United are for at least the rest of Kane’s career, he would see it as a step up. A couple of positions in the league doesn’t seem to make much difference, does it. This myth that missing out on CL football jeopardises you’re chances of signing top players has proven unfounded. This Spurs era has in my eyes, peaked and Kane will want to leave in the next couple of years. If Man United tell him they want him to spearhead their return to the top and pay him well, I think he’d join.

targetman

surprised that Wout Weghorst doesn't get mentioned more often. He's a similar player to Mandzukic, only younger. Big pressing forward, good finisher.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think based on the fact that Spurs will not be as big a club as Man United are for at least the rest of Kane’s career, he would see it as a step up. A couple of positions in the league doesn’t seem to make much difference, does it. This myth that missing out on CL football jeopardises you’re chances of signing top players has proven unfounded. This Spurs era has in my eyes, peaked and Kane will want to leave in the next couple of years. If Man United tell him they want him to spearhead their return to the top and pay him well, I think he’d join.
I don't think there is even a small chance that would happen.

PyroMan

Time Werner, with that low buyout clause but most likely he'll be Bayern bound.

Icardi is another one, and if Sanchez smashes it at Inter, then a possible swap+fee for him.

For attack, Ryan Fraser should be on our target-list for sure.

What's people opinion on Belotti? I've not seen much of him but stats-wise he seems pretty decent.

PyroMan

If we had to get one attacker from Spurs, it would be Son for me.

Eric's Seagull

I'd be very happy if this was to happen :D

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
surprised that Wout Weghorst doesn't get mentioned more often. He's a similar player to Mandzukic, only younger. Big pressing forward, good finisher.
Biggest made up name ever

Lentwood

I may well just be falling for the hype here as admittedly i've seen very little of him, bar Youtube videos, but surely we should be looking at Haaland?

6ft 4", good feet, can't argue at all with his goal-scoring record and already knows Ole - plus would seem to fit with the young and hungry type of player we're looking for

Drz

There aren't any top strikers available. Timo Werner is the only option I see. There was a period when players like Lacazette and Aubamayang were ready to take the next step but right now I don't see any good striker that fits us and isn't already at a top club.
I really like T. Werner too. I don't think the price would be forbidding, but I was under the impression in the summer that he is Bayern bound in 2020, does any one that follows the Bundesliga know something on this?

passing-wind

We have a massive problem in this department. The biggest problem is that no striker we buy will improve under Solskjaer's management. He's a useless coach and we don't play with a recognise system that helps attacking players flourish.

Werner isn't clinical, I watched a few games of his last season he thrives under circumstances rather than under his own capabilities. He has more dangerous movement to get into the box than Rashford but his finishing is questionable.

I've not seen enough of Dembele overall but he does influence the run of play very effectively. He's also quite physical so would likely adapt to the league. I think Dembele by profile is likely similar to Haller.

Haland for me looks very promising, he's physical but seems like a proper instinctive finisher. Scores half chances and to me is always at the end of the play which is a big compliment to his movement. Will he improve playing under such a stagnant system under United ? That's the big question.

Dybala would have excelled under Ole because he can make something out of nothing. Though it's not realistic, if Solskjaer wants to continue being employed if Pablo isn't playing for Juve a January transfer push would be a necessity.

UpWithRivers

I'd take another look at Bellotti. He has everything, pace, press, physicality, works his socks off for 90 mins, can score with left, right or headers, captain, nice down to earth guy, youngish and also should be gettable cos let's face it tier 1 strikers arnt comming here. His only problems are he misses a lot chances and hasn't exactly been prolific but he he has guaranteed over 10 goals a season and has broken the 20 goal barrier once. He also suffered knee injuries. I think he's worth a gamble and spend the cash on a goal scoring RW or number 10.

Onerealunited

I’ve watched some of Werner’s games. He is the one we are looking for. Plus he is still young, plays at a sub top club, and is kind of fast.

Also I heard some rumors that in his young days he was United fan. We should go all in for him already this winter

Jonno

I don't think there is even a small chance that would happen.
Fair enough, you’re a Spurs fan. I think someone Kane’s nationality and age group would love to play for Man United due to their success, stature and potential. I don’t see Spurs winning the PL in the next 10 years due to their transfer and wages policy. Whereas as poor as United are right now, they’ve got the potential to completely bypass Spurs if we keep rebuilding the way we did this summer

KranjskaKlobasa

Im afraid that without CL and our tight transfer budget we could soon see a fellow Slovenian outfield player at Old Trafford. Imagine Iličić commanding our frontline :lol:

MrSingh2002

We need a proper out and out striker. Someone like Ruud or RvP (not easy to find I know) but martial and Rashford can’t and won’t cut it. They both don’t make those intelligent/goal poacher runs we are crying out for.

Plus martial is so unreliable fitness wise.

Zapata, Wilson, Werner, Dembele and Belloti all need to monitored over the next couple of months.

I would also like us to put in an early bid too, funnily enough you can put in cheeky bids before the transfer window opens which is something that seriously annoys me with United and leaving things late.
Piatek at AC Milan is the closest for me. Mix of Sheringham and Ruud....

f_to_z

I would get Ibrahimovic back in January...

On a serious note...problem is there is a lack of experienced strikers that are available or are willing to leave there clubs. The names mentioned here are all great but most are young with potential and trust me the premier league needs time adjusting. Players like Werner, Dembele, Simioune are all very young.

I think a logical easy solution is get one of the older expwrienced strikers like mandzukic or Lewundoski or even Dzeko to get you the goals short term. They are all proven to score goals and have tons of experience. While building up Greenwood slowly. I truly believe Greenwood will be a world class striker.

Smores

It's whoever agrees to come to us in our desperation for a reasonable fee, anyone who doesn't will be classed as not the right type.

Jibbs

Mandzukic / Ibrahimovic in winter, Erling Braut Håland in summer.

Ventura

When is this bounce back happening though? Next season? 5 years? In the next decade?

Utd still appears to be a club on the way down at the moment.
Oh I don't know, but my guess would be between 2 and 7 years from now.