Who is your main Man Utd rival besides Liverpool?

Mainoldo

Arsenal.

I’m a 80’s baby. Everyone else isn’t a real rival.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
liverpool and city are our only proper rivals.

Arsenal come close but post 2005, we've hardly ever been competing on an equal footing for trophies.

Every game v liverpool or city is big regardless of the actual football situation at the time.

Rojofiam

City.

Born too late to experience the Arsenal rivalry and I always liked Wenger a lot anyways. Also, no one from that team is still there, obviously.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
We’re only rivals with Liverpool nowadays due to the respective trophy hauls. The periods where we’ve actually battled them for said trophies have been rare and brief. Either they’re shit or we’re shit. Although at the moment it’s starting to look like we’re both shit.

When it comes to on the pitch (and in the tunnel) there has never been a rivalry more intense than with Arsenal during the Sir Alex and Wenger years but it doesn’t really exist now. I’d still rather Arsenal win the league this year over City, though. There’s no rivalry with City, I’ve just had enough of their cheating prospering now it’s out in the open.

Yagami

Good post resistant
My main rival is City. Liverpool second.

The only reason I prefer City winning than Liverpool is the trophy count.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Leeds. I live in bandit country and get it in the neck regularly off them. Their hatred of United is probably worse than any other club that hates United. I know one lad- a painter decorator- refuses to do any jobs where red paint is required. When his missus bought some pegs, he threw out all the red ones. Mental behaviour if you ask me. Growing up in Manchester with lots (well a few) of City fans wasn’t as bad as it is with this lot. I’ve a few Liverpool supporting mates as well and we seem to have a laugh about things so it’s a bit of give and take with them. Good lads if I’m honest. I think it’s the internet that brings the worst out in them. So after Leeds I’d go Arsenal. Never liked them- even before the Fergie Wenger rivalry.

Sara125

Arsenal because I grew up in London and most of my football watching friends support Arsenal

GueRed

Growing up as a child in the 80's

1. Liverpool

2. Leeds
3. Man City
4. Arsenal

we've got rivals and we've got enemies.

Liverpool are the enemy dont forget that kids

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
City for sure, I've started watching football somewhere around '05 when I was 9-10 years old so Arsenal sucked for almost the entirety of my life. I'm also not born in England so if I would have been in school with or raised around kids who supported Arsenal it might have been different.

Part of me wants to say Barca though :lol: I hate them with every ounce of my being thanks to '09 and '11.

City but since the oil money came I don't really care what they win despite being our rivals, if that makes sense. Liverpool, whilst they are far and away number one on this list, at least I respect them.

Everybody else, Arsenal, Chelsea, whoever, are just a dislike at a point in time where we competed with them.

stevoc

I don’t think you can rail against nation state ownership as passionately as you do, while also ignoring the way that City under their current ownership are not the same club/team as United’s local rivals from years gone by. They’ve become completely soulless and irrelevant. I can fully understand why someone would dismiss them as rivals in this era of oil state financial doping. No matter where that person lives.

Arsenal are 100% more legitimate rivals than City right now, as they compete on a level playing field. A league title for them will hurt much more as a result. Couldn’t care less what City do/don’t win and haven’t cared for years.
Yep, the thing that annoys me most about City is they don't particularly annoy me these days. I'd prefer to hate them in all honesty but I just can't seem to give a feck about anything they do.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Liverpool obviously no 1

Then Arsenal , Leeds and City in no particular order

I also particularly despise West Ham

Chelsea never bothered me much though, I have a sort of grudging respect for their ability to collect assorted trophies, often at the expense of the feck*rs listed above.