Who out of our current squad gets into this Bayern lineup?

Paula

Supports
Bayern
Agreed, but Sancho, Reus and Haaland would think the same. Still think they’d just pip us without Bayern providing a mental block and them having the experience of playing those teams week in week out. As for Bayern, they’d win the PL purely because they’re the best team in the world, and have just had one of the best seasons of all time.

Have to disagree with @Siorac though, we’d wipe the floor with Leipzig and finish miles above them. Take away Werner’s 26 BuLi goals, and I don’t even think they’ll finish top 4 next year, coming bottom of their CL group in the process.
well, if you just compare last season, i guess leipzig and united were equally strong. Werner is a big rob for them though. so i would say United is now the stronger team.
Also i think Bayern and Pool are currently the two best team in the world. *Once again, thank you Diego*
They would have done City as well like they did with Chelsea or Spurs.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Maguire in that high
It's crazy, isn't it? Neuer is better on the ball than our supposed ball-playing CB and he's getting in their first 11? Fat chance.

Clermontois

Supports
France
2021 Mason Greenwood gets in. Bruno, Pogba, Maguire, pre-injury Rashford.

Bayern Münich is the best team in the world now. Team. Individually there are several players there that are going to get rudely undressed on a less talented team. But as a unit they are unstoppable.

Kingsley Coman warms the bench for Manchester United, to name one.

They are not. They won yesterday because they were slightly fitter than PSG and PSG missed a glut of chances before getting gassed. Nothing about Bayern's play screamed best team anything but they sure were good at wasting time though.

mav_9me

I actually think no player would make it into Bayerns first eleven. Maybe Martial for Coman. Seeing people saying Maguire > Süle.... who is basically a faster version of Maguire ( many don't know, but Süle is one of the fastest player in the Bundesliga as a CB ) with better passing.

But who cares ? why compare Man Utd to Bayern. The recent performances were really promising and with the solid defence Manchester looking on track to become a top team again. Although 2/3 new players will be needed, a really good base is finally given.
Serious? Wow never would have thought that..

Agree with your second paragraph.

Wayne's World

Possibly Martial on the left instead of Coman but If they are buying Sane then probably none. Not one Man Utd player would get into Bayern's team and probably only Pogba and Bruno make the bench to be honest

mav_9me

The difference between the level of the two teams is not down just to the difference in the level of players. The bigger difference is the manager. Nothing against Ole but Flick has done a sensational job. Any bayern fan can tell you how much different this team is to the team that began the season. What everyone was saying abt muller etc. I'll tag the fan who replied in previous page @Blackwidow

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
Serious? Wow never would have thought that..

Agree with your second paragraph.
Yes he really is. Not many outside Germany know it , since he looks so cluncky. His topspeed was around 35km/h.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Pogba, Maguire, Bruno, Martial.

Its always tough doing this. Odds are always weighted in Bayerns favour because we are looking at their set up, and invariably, their players will be more suited to the way they play. We've got several players capable of playing in a team equivalent to Bayern in talent, but no necessarily in their specific set up.

Untd55

Tbh how many Liverpool players get in, 2 or 3 ?
Van Dijk - certainty
Arnold - Most likely
Salah - certainty
Mane - certainty

Then you have the players who are pretty much of a similar level, so it is hard to choose. Robertson, Fabinho, Alisson (no worse than Neuer - he has been ridiculously good this season),

Mane Lewandowski Salah

Muller
Fabinho Kimmich

Davis Boateng Van Dijk Arnold

Neuer/Alisson

I would say it could easily be half the outfield team and then Neuer and Alisson are based on the toss of a coin.

For us, I would say Fernandes could equal Muller's stats in that team based on this half-season. Rashford could replace Coman (despite his bad form). Pogba possibly for Thiago; he will be better in a team like Bayern. Other than that, based on position for position, nobody else.

snowkarl

I think let’s flip the question? Who would you take in our first 11? For me, honestly, it’s only these:

Neuer
Davies
Kimmich
So you're telling me, with a straight face, that you prefer;
• Lindelöf to Alaba
• Matic/Fred/McT to Goretzka
• Pogba to Thiago
• Martial to Lewandowski (the literal best striker in the world this year)
• Greenwood to Gnabry

Fosu-Mens

Martial for Coman on the left-wing.

Bruno could replace Müller but Bayern are more inclined to keep possession rather than attempt a low % ball in the final third like Bruno often does. And Müller's movement and understanding of the game is hard to replace.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Well these one-liners tell me you're not serious about this. So we'll leave it at that.
I’m not sure what you want. Bruno is a superior player, quite clearly too in my opinion.

You disagree. Cool.

He'sRaldo

I’m not sure what you want. Bruno is a superior player, quite clearly too in my opinion.

You disagree. Cool.
I'm sure you've had wrong opinions in your life, so someone asking you to explain a seemingly strange opinion with more than a one-liner shouldn't be so baffling.

Andy_Cole

• Lindelöf to Alaba
• Pogba to Thiago
• Greenwood to Gnabry
From the above, with United loyalty of course, I’d probably say yes for our setup.

We need to replace Lindelof yes, but not with Alaba.

I don’t think Goretzka would do better than Matic/ Fred

Wouldn’t replace Pogba with Thiago.

Lewa would be great but would he suit us?

Gnabry I’d sign 100% (like Sancho). So that’s a fair one to highlight.

Strelok

They are not. They won yesterday because they were slightly fitter than PSG and PSG missed a glut of chances before getting gassed. Nothing about Bayern's play screamed best team anything but they sure were good at wasting time though.
Agreed they are not, they are one of the best teams in the world is more accurate I think.

However I strongly disagree about the later part. Imo Bayern was the better team and they won this deservedly. PSG may miss a few chances but so did Bayern. They even hit the post first.

And imo they didn't waste time. They pressed so well in the PSG own half that despite really wanted to PSG couldn't even get the ball forward. They basically dominated the game through and through.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
2nd half was pretty ugly. So many tackles/freekicks. PSG had no answers after Bayerns goal. They couldn’t get any pressure on that high line Bayern set up.

That said PSG had some good chances. Neymar/Mbappé just werent clinical enough. And Neuer probably the best player on the pitch yesterday.

Bayern won and deservedly so.

SAFMUTD

Maguire and thats because they play with Boateng who is clearly below everyones elsed level.

While Bruno and Pogba have the quality I dont think they would start for Bayern under their current system, Bruno losses the ball too much and Pogba is not as hardworker as they demand on midfield.

Foxbatt

The more I see this the more angry I get at Moyes. He could have got Thiago but didn't want to get him because he hasn't seen him play. Wasn't he identified by United to get him that season before Moyes joined?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Pogba is a better player than Goretzka and Rashford is a better player than Coman, but I doubt that Flick would start them over his guys. Coman has an important role of stretching the opposition's defense (it would be a waste to use Rashford like this and he's not perfectly suited for this role) and Pogba will never provide the required level of dynamism that allows Bayern to press so effectively.

Bruno won't replace Müller, at least not yet.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Only AWB and maybe Maguire for Sule and Martial for Coman. Rashford is great but Lew is on a different planet in terms of a striker obviously.
You know that Martial plays centrally and Rashford plays on the left, right?

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Fernandes, Maguire, AWB, Rashford, Martial and Pogba could get in. That’s about it I’d say. I know united fans love hating united players, but right now I’d say these players would be very effective in the Bayern team. But if any player straight up replaces a player. Only AWB and maybe Maguire for Sule and Martial for Coman. Rashford is great but Lew is on a different planet in terms of a striker obviously.
didnt know much about Maguire so i watched a "highlights" video of him. Him over Süle? Süle is 2x as fast and can play footbal.

Ekeke

Bruno maybe. Pogba would never get in, a good enough player but nothing like Thiago and the CMs they use and Muller and Bruno are better players behind the striker.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Bruno maybe. Pogba would never get in, a good enough player but nothing like Thiago and the CMs they use and Muller and Bruno are better players behind the striker.
Pure WUM-Mockery.

Siorac

didnt know much about Maguire so i watched a "highlights" video of him. Him over Süle? Süle is 2x as fast and can play footbal.
It's the Wan Bissaka claim that is the most ridiculous there. Watch his highlights and then tell me if you'd want him over Kimmich or Pavard.

jem

I'd say the only debate could be
Pogba/Fernandes over Muller
Or Martial/Rashford over Gnabry/Coman

Tough to even argue those though.

Just goes to show how far our lineup and squad still is off competing in Europe and the Champions League.

Who else gets in?

Neuer
Kimmich Sule Alaba Davies
Thiago Goretzka
Gnabry Muller Coman
Lewandowski​
It's such a tricky discussion, though. Ander Herrera, a useful player for United but not one whose departure has been widely lamented, was a starter for a PSG which could very easily have won that game yesterday. Gnabry, a player who couldn't cut it at West Brom, looks a world beater at Bayern. Who knows? Maybe Andreas Pereira in a different context and with the right coaching for him could develop into a top player (I say 'for him' as I'm not looking to disparage Ole; simply wondering if certain setups/coaches are more suitable for certain players.) I highly doubt it, but you just never know.

For what it's worth, I quite like the players we have - it's worth remembering we have 2 games with Bruno in the lineup - that's a pretty fantastic run. I do think we need more quality coming from the bench and/or players like Sancho, who can step in and improve the quality of the first 11.

Paul_Scholes18

Maguire 80 million,
Wan Bissaka 40 million
Bruno 60 million

Should all go into that Bayern side. Aren't they all world beaters bought to win the CL?

jem

• Lindelöf to Alaba
• Pogba to Thiago
• Greenwood to Gnabry
I don't see what's laughable about Pogba over Thiago. Agree with the rest of what you've said.

cyberman

What the feck has happened to this place? From Neur to David and bow this, another excuse to shit on our players.
Add this to the meltdown you have when other sides dare signs a player..
What in the sweet Jesus is it with self hate?
Its a shambles at the minute.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Honestly a bit shocked you didn't say Smalling.
Only messing

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Pogba and Bruno would get to play as squad rotation for least half of games, and probably Martial on the left too.