Who potentially replaces Ronaldo?

Dante

Average bang
I think we'll end up playing without a CF. EtH has done it before with his false #9 system at Ajax.

This United squad's biggest strengths are in creative attacking midfield (Bruno, Sancho, Eriksen, VdB) and goalscoring wide forwards (Rashford, Martial, Elanga). We could do with another goalscoring option from the right, but most of the ingredients for a strikerless system are there.

I think this is why the papers have been given the brief that it's a choice between keeping Ronaldo or buying Antony. Those two are obviously not like for like. But either option does give Ten Hag a viable direction he can take the team. Right now, it's looking like we're going to lose Ronaldo and go strikerless.

Aeryis

I think we'll end up playing without a CF. EtH has done it before with his false #9 system at Ajax.

This United squad's biggest strengths are in creative attacking midfield (Bruno, Sancho, Eriksen, VdB) and goalscoring wide forwards (Rashford, Martial, Elanga). We could do with another goalscoring option from the right, but most of the ingredients for a strikerless system are there.

I think this is why the papers have been given the brief that it's a choice between keeping Ronaldo or buying Antony. Those two are obviously not like for like. But either option does give Ten Hag a viable direction he can take the team. Right now, it's looking like we're going to lose Ronaldo and go strikerless.

Yeah, the goalscoring forwards that haven't scored more than 5 goals each in over 2 years. If we actually decide to go for that route then the boys upstairs are genuine idiots. We need a striker, end of.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag

I think you are right about the scenario but it's not looking good. We can use Bruno as a False 9, or Martial as a ST but with what we have we are not going to score many goals, that's almost a certainty.
Even if we end up buying Antony he's not going to score 20 goals in his first PL season.
I still believe that for our sake, for the image of the club and also to stand a chance in front of goal we will go for a proven ST.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Isak might be a good choice but he is very expensive.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Isak might be a good choice but he is very expensive.
Talented player but I think 2 goals from open play in the league last season suggests he's not quite ready to lead the line for a side like United just yet.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Well, I'll say what I said about the team this time last year. martial and rashford won't score enough goals to get us fourth spot - so it better not be them

Seven Seas Sardines

Straight swap for Broja?

If Tuchel wants mentality in his squad after their terrible pre-season it could save United face with our fanbase as we'll get something in exchange when letting him go to rivals.

croadyman

Well, I'll say what I said about the team this time last year. martial and rashford won't score enough goals to get us fourth spot - so it better not be them
Yeah we do need a proper CF because gives us a different option which you need

LuckyScout78

Patrick Schick. This guy has and can do everything with the ball as a CF and attacking football player. And he can play RW too

Have top skill and flair to beat players. Like in the video. RW = top skill, speed and flair. He has it. Beside his CF abilities. Like a tall CF. Heading Eriksen precise crosser?

My best recommendation for United.

Lemon Moon

We need a centre forward even if Ronaldo stays, we should be looking at characters that will complement the current squad.
The issue is the lack of good old fashioned centre forwards out there & the ones that are you wouldn't necessarily associate with United.
Maybe we should look at an Ivan Toney or a Tammy Abraham?

croadyman

Patrick Schick. This guy has and can do everything with the ball as a CF and attacking football player. And he can play RW too

Have top skill and flair to beat players. Like in the video. RW = top skill, speed and flair. He has it. Beside his CF abilities. Like a tall CF. Heading Eriksen precise crosser?

Definitely my ideal signing in that position, however there is zero interest by the looks of it. Personally feel should go all in for him if Ronaldo goes as expected, if he stays by some miracle then get this Slovenian guy

MUFC OK

Would 100% be my pick too. Leverkusen could fleece us though, he's just signed a 5 year contract.

skeeta

Yet another rambling idiot
We need someone with the complete package in terms of experience and output to keep us in contention for the top four spots, which, in my opinion, is becoming increasingly elusive. A top-tier link player with slick movement is required. In those circumstances, I do not believe bringing in a project player like Sesko is the best strategy. Gerard Moreno, in my opinion, is the ideal striker. It would take a lot of quick talking to convince me otherwise.

Bojan Djordjic

We need a centre forward even if Ronaldo stays, we should be looking at characters that will complement the current squad.
The issue is the lack of good old fashioned centre forwards out there & the ones that are you wouldn't necessarily associate with United.
Maybe we should look at an Ivan Toney or a Tammy Abraham?
Toney doesn't score enough goals and I think Abraham, although he would be good, would be too expensive.

MrSingh2002

Schick, Oshimen or Nkunku.

Scamacca is gone now.

We really fecked it not going for Nunez or Nkunku early in the window. The club didn't know what Ronaldo was plotting.

croadyman

Schick, Oshimen or Nkunku.

Scamacca is gone now.

We really fecked it not going for Nunez or Nkunku early in the window. The club didn't know what Ronaldo was plotting.
Nunez we weren't paying €100m for, however Nkunku could still be in our plans if we are in Champions League when the clause activates

Lyng

Absolutely the ideal choice. Would be expensive but I dont think we can find a better one.

croadyman

Absolutely the ideal choice. Would be expensive but I dont think we can find a better one.
Like I said in earlier post should go all in when Ronaldo leaves, problem is he has just signed a contract extension.

Reiver

I'm not pretending to know much about potential replacements but agree with you - he should be top of the list.

lex talionis

If only Martial could listen to Ronaldo explain what it takes to be a top professional...

Member 101269

watch the first few touches he's light years ahead of nunez, ben whatever his name is.

A yes from me.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I honestly think we’d be stupid to pass on David.

With coaching he could be phenomenal in a ten Hag side.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite

Class player, but signed a new contract in May. Would cost megabucks.

Rojofiam

He's gonna have 1 year left on his contract next summer.

We will probably be needing a striker. City have already got their man in Haaland, Arsenal are obvously not gonna be an option and I don't think Chelsea will be able to compete with us if we overtake them this season (which I think we will). And I don't see him leaving the Premier League because he wants to become the all-time top scorer. I can definitely see him coming to United next summer...he's only gonna be 30 years old too by then. Lewandowski and Benzema are in their primes basically at 33-34.

In a top team with top players around him, playing under a top manager, he's definitely one of the best players in the world. A great playmaker and passer too.

Tallis

Not sure if this has been suggested that we shiukd
Swap Ronaldo with Morata. Athletico would have let him goto Juve but they now need to keep him so he can play some games and avoid triggering the clause that triggers the bonus clause on the Griezmann contract they have with Barca.

skc_18

He will be our number one target next year. I don’t see anyone interested in him next year and he won’t extend with spurs. I think that is the only reason we aren’t active in signing a striker. Our best case is Ronaldo staying this year ( atleast till Jan) and we buying Kane next season. I don’t think our management planned for the case of Ronaldo departure. I don’t understand why Ronaldo wants to leave now , may be having an agreement to leave in the January might be better and join the team with good chances of CL on loan.
If Haaland flops then Kane will go to Mancity next season.