Who potentially replaces Ronaldo?

Zed 101

I think I will stay using these phrases: The manager just was only back to the lowlands (or the valleys). So it was inevitable that he looked like a space goat.
Thank you, I hope you and many others continue to misquote sayings, it is a small highlight in my very dull life .... keep up the fine work

Redcy

Martial surely can't have as bad a season as before but I could easily be proved wrong. I'm not expecting fireworks from him but he should be able to get 10 goals in the league in a ETH system. Scamacca, perhaps as PSG have put in a 50m bid for him but Ekitike will be cheaper. Newcastle had a 30m bid accepted a month ago but he doesn't want to go there. If we get 12-15m for Ronaldo, added to the saving on his wages, we could afford him relatively easily.
Martial can't be any worse than what?

21/22 - Played 24 games scored 2, assisted 1
20/21 - Played 36 games scored 7, assisted 9
19/20 - of course is when he played well banging in 26 goals, 12 assist
18/19 - Played 38 scored 12, assisted 3

Looks to me like there is only one season where he has racked up any kind of decent numbers, add in to the fact he barely looks interested.

This is an all touch video of his "impressive performance" back in February:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Looks to me like there is only one season where he has racked up any kind of decent numbers, add in to the fact he barely looks interested.

He used to have that whippet burst of speed to get past the opponents. He seem to struggle with that nowadays.

croadyman

Yeah this is exactly why we need to sign CF

dinostar77

Whatever happen to moussa dembele? Ex-celtic striker who were heavily linked with a season or two ago?

Silas

Why are people mentioning Werner? Shite finisher.

Bruno as a false 9 could be interesting. Or someone like Felix.

croadyman

Why are people mentioning Werner? Shite finisher.

Bruno as a false 9 could be interesting. Or someone like Felix.
Felix would be mental money, personally I would prefer Kante than Werner if they are willing to swap someone

aeh1991

A cheaper alternative to Felix would be Charles de Ketelaere. Not a classic CF but maybe ETH could use him effectively like Klopp used Firmino as a false 9.

We Need Another Rebuild

We need to be looking at the level below world class.

We need to be scouting the next future World Star.

We need to build for the long term.

I recommend looking at Hugo Ekitike or Evanilson.

Won't cost the earth and if they flop will have resale value as won't be on astronomic wages.

croadyman

We need to be looking at the level below world class.

We need to be scouting the next future World Star.

We need to build for the long term.

I recommend looking at Hugo Ekitike or Evanilson.

Won't cost the earth and if they flop will have resale value as won't be on astronomic wages.
Well he turned down Newcastle so should try

We Need Another Rebuild

Well he turned down Newcastle so should try
Newcastle agree initial £25.6m deal to buy striker Hugo Ekitike from Reims. Newcastle are closing in on the signing of the striker Hugo Ekitike after Reims accepted an offer of €30m (£25.6m) plus up to €5m in add-ons

Potentially £30m + add ons.

These are the sort of deals we need to be looking at

Laurencio

A cheaper alternative to Felix would be Charles de Ketelaere. Not a classic CF but maybe ETH could use him effectively like Klopp used Firmino as a false 9.
He clearly has a lot of potential, but is a player that scored 18 in 49 in the Belgian league really ready to spearhead Man Utd?

croadyman

Wasn't he linked with Leeds recently

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Toney. Not exactly a superstar replacement but would be a brilliant signing.

Lee565

Proven goal scorer Ben yeddar would be another good short term option that would likely cost a modest fee and wages.

I don't see why we aren't trying to sign another striker even if ronaldo was staying?

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Im not Martial FC and feck any childish idiot who supports a player over a club but we know he can score goals and has done for us in the past. If ETH can get him, Rashford and Sancho rotating during the game like Ajax have done there is no reason why we cant have a potent attack. I say give the cnut a chance because we dont get much for him anyway.

leontas

Think we get a fast paced forward like Jonathan David. I'd like to see a front three of him, Sancho and an in-form Rashford.

Bojan Djordjic

I wonder would Leicester look for crazy money for either Iheanacho or Patson Daka. Both are young, pretty good pressers and Daka in particular is very productive with the minutes he gets. Had similar productivity to Haaland while at RB Salzburg.

Elcabron

Think we get a fast paced forward like Jonathan David. I'd like to see a front three of him, Sancho and an in-form Rashford.
David would be my choice I think but admittedly I know very little about him apart from him being young, quick and lot of potential. Also two footed? Mitrovic is interesting I think, would be nice to have a good physical presence up front. If he can score that many goals in the championship then I think he is capable of getting a decent amount in a functioning PL team. The last few Fulham teams in the PL have been shite. Unlikely Fulham would sell though.

There aren't a huge amount of options.

Can we add a poll to see the caf chosen one?

LuckyScout78

Patrick Schick. The closest you can come to the top and world class level.
The closest you can come up to. The so call "complete CF"

And what makes and ingredients and factors need to be call a complete CF?

Let us take a closer look of a complete CF:

+ First he has to be a really good finisher + 100 % determination in everything you doing
+ Good to hold up and link up/combine with your teammates
+ Ability to pass and beat opponent players. Then you need top acceleration, skill and flair to do that.

Above that were description in words. Let us take a closer look visual :

So much will you rate him. About those 3 main areas and abilities i am looking after a complete CF and attacking player?

His finish. His link up. Few touch and first touch pass. And ability to pass players. On a high top speed. He has really good control of the ball.
I think and believe his current level is really high. When we are talking about a complete CF. He is close up there. He just get a chance to do it regular for a top club. Really good last season and continue this high level for a top club next 2 years. Then you will come close to a top and world class level.

I think the boy has the mentality and character to handle the pressure playing for one of the biggest club in the world.

Conclusion. A must buy for United. Save the Antony money and buy Schick. Get top 4 and champion league with Schick to receive crosser for Eriksen, De Jong and Bruno in the box. And might come back for Antony next summer.
This season. United and Ten Hag need Schick more than Antony. I am 100 % convince about this. Schick is more complete = higher end product and overall football skill. + more versatile.

My best recommend to United and Ten Hag.

SparkedIntoLife

He clearly has a lot of potential, but is a player that scored 18 in 49 in the Belgian league really ready to spearhead Man Utd?
It's a really good point but it should be said that last season was his first professionally as an out and out striker and even then he filled in pretty much everywhere across the midfield and even left wing back so it wasn't like those 49 games were always spent up front. (30 games as a ST, 5 games as a second striker, 4 as AM, 3 as CM, 3 as LWB, 2 as RW and 2 as LW).

I see De Ketelaere at a similar level to how Darwin Nunez was a year ago (plus Nunez is 1 year and 9 months older). Nunez scored 13 goals and 12 assists in the Portuguese league in 2020/2021. That summer, he grew into his frame and became more aggressive - the qualities CDK lacks currently, although he is miles better than Nunez technically IMHO. He went on to score 34 goals and 4 assists the next season which earnt him a huge money move to one of the best teams in the world (*pukes*). CDK has just scored 18 goals and 10 assists as someone who has just turned 21 - better stats than Nunez at the same age.

So you're right - CDK probably isn't ready to be a starting striker for us. We would need to bear with him through inconsistencies and being a bit light weight but hopefully we finally have a manager who can make players better. Signing him would made most sense if Ronaldo was still around to give him breathing room to develop. However, I think we'll really struggle to sign a true Man Utd quality ST for less than double what Brugge want for CDK. There's only one striker of similar potential going for 30m and that's Hugo Ekitike who I believe to be even more raw than CDK.

I'm seeing some of the options spoken about and feeling glum. Belotti is nowhere near United quality. Osimhen will be 100m plus. Isak's got a lot to prove and Sociedad are apparently asking for 70m. Schick is decent but has failed at big clubs before and has some injury worries. Scamacca looks a bit average to me. Jonathan David's really raw and I don't think he'll ultimately be better than CDK (and is at least 10m more expensive). Dybala isn't a proper striker and would be an expensive disaster IMHO. There's really not a lot on the market. We defo need a ST but we also have big needs elsewhere so we can't afford to spend huge sums. 30m for De Ketelaere looks a golden opportunity to me, even if he won't quite be top class for another year or two. Better than signing him off Milan/Leicester/Napoli in 2-3 years for like 80m.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Patrick Schick @LuckyScout78 don’t know much about him but he looks a very interesting player. Can’t put words to it but there is something about the way he plays.
He might not be the very best out there for us but he sure won’t look out of place in a top team.

NoPace

I wonder would Leicester look for crazy money for either Iheanacho or Patson Daka. Both are young, pretty good pressers and Daka in particular is very productive with the minutes he gets. Had similar productivity to Haaland while at RB Salzburg.
Daka I think they have as replacing Vardy, but Iheanacho for 15M as a backup for us does make some sense, and they might need the cash to replace Tielemans and sign a RW.

frostbite

Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Ronaldo, Falcao, Sanchez all on massive wages. We are the joke of football world. And now you want Lewandonski?

Can we for once get a young and hungry ST?
We have done the "young and hungry", too: Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Ellanga...

Onerealunited

Lewandowski??? Pay him what we pay Ronaldo and we have a top CF for at least 2 years

Edwards6

Think we should go for Belotti, he'd suit the style if we want to play high tempo pressing. Free transfer as well so doesn't stop us filling other positions

MrEleson

Think we should go for Belotti, he'd suit the style if we want to play high tempo pressing. Free transfer as well so doesn't stop us filling other positions
Belotti is such a dire option. Is the market really that scarce of quality forwards?