Who replaces Martial for Newcastle, Chelsea and Arsenal?

Drz

I'd go for a diamond in midfield with Rashford and Greenwood up-top.
Basically either Matic or Fred sitting at the base, Bruno at the tip with Pogba and Donny on either side.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Greenwood is a forward, as is Rashford. Both I'd suspect would be more functional than the current-day Ighalo. I'm not sure either is well served playing as a lone striker, so maybe a formation change is the best course of options. This has nothing to do with Lingard.

You have seen Ighalo recently, right? Looks about as old and mobile as Ole.
Well no I haven't seen him lately because he's hardly played. But I'd still back him to score a goal before Lingard does.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Well no I haven't seen him lately because he's hardly played. But I'd still back him to score a goal before Lingard does.
I don't know why you keep bringing Lingard up. It's not as if he'd play as a striker.

Steve Bruce

Play our normal formation. Put Bruno on the right, Greenwood up front and Rashford on the left.

Play DVB in brunos role

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I don't know why you keep bringing Lingard up. It's not as if he'd play as a striker.
Because we need to score goals. Having fewer players on the pitch who score goals is likely to result in fewer goals being scored.

SplitzMagic

Greenwood ST and you know it'll be the usual lingard or James on the rw. Heck... Even Mata might end up there.

I'd put Telles RW first game with that nuclear bomb of a left foot :lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Because we need to score goals. Having fewer players on the pitch who score goals is likely to result in fewer goals being scored.
In that case, why don't we just throw 10 strikers on the pitch.

We need balance. We need a functional team.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Play our normal formation. Put Bruno on the right, Greenwood up front and Rashford on the left.

Play DVB in brunos role
And you please make sure you let your beloved ex club win the game!

Play an extra midfielder, diamond, or other formation.

Now that teams have had a chance to study us, the balance of our team seems off. Too many attacking players. Easy to turn and run through.

I was rewatching some of out matches back from 2008-2009. Its amazing how much we were able to do with so few pure attacking players on the pitch. Using cog players like Park and Fletcher to maximum effect.

Untd55

My prediction for Newcastle, at least.

James Rashford Greenwood

Fernandes

I wouldn't mind seeing the below, but Pogba has been in really poor form. Also, Fernandes doesn't seem very quick. I know De Bruyne can play there, but De Bruyne is actually a pretty fast player when you watch him run over a longer distance.

Rashford Greenwood Fernandes

Pogba

Fred Matic

Otherwise (in a diamond)

Rashford Greenwood

Fernandes

Pogba Fred

Matic

VivaRonaldo85

Change of system. Play more of a diamond with Rashford and Greenwood as a front two.

This is probably too creative for our Ole so we’ll either see Ighalo in a straight swap or James/Lingard on the right and Greenwood down the middle. He adores his 4-2-3-1!