Who should be our vice captain?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
At the start of the season Young was captain, DDG was vice. However, De Gea was stripped of the vice captaincy after comments he made to the media about us. Now Maguire is established as captain, who do you think should be made vice captain? McTominay has leadership qualities, but he's still very young and probably won't start if everyones fit. Rashford has worn the armband this season although again he's very young still. Pogba looks as good as gone in the summer.

Personally, I'd probably just give it to Bruno. Sounds man but he's already showing more leadership on the pitch after 2 games than most of our lads have all season.

davidmichael

Based on the fact he's led by example and performances this season I’d say make Rashford vice captain, it’d be nice to have a local lad who’s United through and through yet a consistent performer in that role.

I also like the idea of McTominay as well in that role but unless he becomes an out and out defensive midfielder I don’t see him starting as much next season as if we as expected sell Pogba we’re most likely going to sign Grealish and an out and out defensive midfielder who’ll most likely both start alongside Fernandes.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What did De Gea say that had him stripped of the vice-captaincy?
Basically that we weren't good enough.

Based on the fact he's led by example and performances this season I’d say make Rashford vice captain, it’d be nice to have a local lad who’s United through and through yet a consistent performer in that role.

I also like the idea of McTominay as well in that role but unless he becomes an out and out defensive midfielder I don’t see him starting as much next season as if we as expected sell Pogba we’re most likely going to sign Grealish and an out and out defensive midfielder who’ll most likely both start alongside Fernandes.
Surely Fred has earned a chance to be a starter?

sp_107

Magurire the Captain and Bruno the Vice-Captain, I know some say its too early for Bruno but I believ he got what it takes to be in that role.

SMT is a good shout but I dont think he will start every game if we sign a DM like Saul, Neves, Partey or Soumare.

youngrell

De Gea is the obvious choice. Baring that I would probably go with Matic despite him not being a guaranteed starter.

davidmichael

Basically that we weren't good enough.

Surely Fred has earned a chance to be a starter?
Magurire the Captain and Bruno the Vice-Captain, I know some say its too early for Bruno but I believ he got what it takes to be in that role.

SMT is a good shout but I dont think he will start every game if we sign a DM like Saul, Neves, Partey or Soumare.
I like the idea of Fred or/and McTominay starting and both are a good shout for being vice captain but as said if higher quality players are brought in as needed then they won’t start as much let alone be in the running to be vice captain.

It’s pretty much nailed on that Pogba will go so he’ll need replacing which is likely to be Grealish and we also need a quality out and out defensive midfielder so you’d imagine that those two plus Fernandes would start ?.

OleGunnar20

Fred for me, as he really shouldnt be losing his place in the first 11 given his performances this season. He seems be one of the few players who has a real winning attitude and has shown huge character turning things around this year.

I'll be the first to say I wrote him off completely, proved me wrong ten fold.

So ayye, either him or Mc Tom, depending on who Ole sees starting next year.

Stu Pearson

Bruno for me it’ signals change for the better new capt new vice. Two players who hopefully will bring consistency and demand quality from others.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
De Gea. He's going to start regularly, has been here a while, has stature within the squad. Also, the comments that allegedly got him in trouble were pretty spot on.

Captaincy is overrated though and that applies even more so to vice captaincy.

Foxbatt

Fred because he fights for the team. Rashford should not be because he wasn't bothered at all when our players were getting kicked when he had the arm band.

Andersonson

Martial should get it.

heh heh

Glad its white texts!

It should be Fred until the end of season. Atleast he has some balls. Has also said the truth about some players in the dressing room.

Bruno might be a contender once he's warm.

RyRy11

Fred is playing most like a captain currently. Fred, McSauce or Rashford which would be my choice

MikeeMike

The state of this club when there is argument about vice captain... Does it have any impact ever? Even captain is overstated IMHO. All players should be treating every game the same regardless if Roy Keane is staring at you (for example)