Who should leave this summer?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
If Ole has already told DDG he isn't no 1 then I highly doubt he'll spend his career on our bench at his age, especially as it's been known for years that he wants to be closer to family.
If DDG himself (really) wants out, the game changes - of course. But his family are in Madrid, no?

Oblak's contract expires in two years - Courtois ' in three years (I think).

And there doesn't seem to be any very good reason why either Madrid clubs would consider DDG over their current GK.

bsCallout

If DDG himself (really) wants out, the game changes - of course. But his family are in Madrid, no?

Oblak's contract expires in two years - Courtois ' in three years (I think).

And there doesn't seem to be any very good reason why either Madrid clubs would consider DDG over their current GK.
I'm sure they'd much rather he was in Turin or Milan to be honest. Even I don't want to live in Manchester.

His wife sometimes travelled back and forth to Manchester which is about a 5hr+ flight time. Now with a child too I'm sure anywhere closer will be better for them.

Again, DDG won't accepted being on the bench at this stage in his career.

Both DDG and Mata will be off, put your money on it.

lsd

The Oracle
Martial
Henderson
Chong
Perriera
Lingard
Bailly
Dalot

MichaelRed

DDG won't be going somewhere that pays him the same. I don't know why people think he will only go somewhere who is paying the same, there is more to his career(& life) than that.

Extending Navas doesn't mean they wouldn't get DDG, DDG is better and they can afford two.

So all options mentioned are still possible.

One of those teams may we'll take Donnarumma, the other two could still take DDG.

If wages were an issue, which they won't be, we'd be better off paying the difference for the remainder of his contract, there are only two years left on his contract.

Edit: current reports suggest Donnarumma may go Barcelona too.

Donnarumma leaving also opens the door for DDG to potentially go AC Milan too.

If I were a betting man I'd put money on DDG not being here next season.
Well, I really hope you're wrong. De Gea hasn't put a foot wrong this season, has put in several world-class performances & has looked generally back to his best. We signed Van der Sar when he was older then DDG is now & won the CL with him playing an instrumental part at the age of 38 so de Gea isn't finished by a long shot. If we go into next season with Henderson as the first choice keeper we'll be in for a world of trouble.

Gog

You pay 85m for your top priority Sancho and then don’t pay him. How are you Jose, looking forward to Rome?
My crime, to which I plead guilty, was that, I drew a misleading picture.

I have amended it to explain my thoughts fully, if all players in their best form.

Net: 112m
............................................De Gea (Henderson)
Wan.B (Trippier) - Varane (Lindelöf) - Maguire (Bailly) - Shaw (Telles)
.................................Rice (McTom) - Pogba (Fred)
Sancho/G'Wood (Diallo) - Bruno (Sancho) - Sancho/Rashford (James)
...........................................Cavani (Martial/G'Wood)

P.S. My original response to this post was deleted. I don't know why. I was trying to be tongue in cheek with you, because I thought your post was being that with me.

Perhaps, trying to be funny about being misunderstood and mistaken for Mourinho, is not my forte.

I would appreciate learning reason for removal, as, although I can't remember exactly what I said, I cannot think what was unacceptable about it.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

I have amended it to explain my thoughts fully, if all players in their best form.

P.S. My original response to this post was deleted. I don't know why. I was trying to be tongue in cheek with you, because I thought your post was being that with me.

Perhaps, trying to be funny about being misunderstood and mistaken for Mourinho, is not my forte.

I would appreciate learning reason for removal, as, although I can't remember exactly what I said, I cannot think what was unacceptable about it.
You’re right I was just joking. I certainly didn’t delete anything

It’s going to be a challenging summer to move players on who are under contract. We have a number of players that are almost certain to go:

Mata, Romero, Grant and Lingard.

hopefully we can move on Periera, Dalot and Matic.

anything more than that is going to be difficult, and dependent on who we get it.

i can see one of Pogba or Martial moving on - but only if we have a replacement lined up. Not both.

DDG of course could move on as well.

Thats potentially 9 members of the first team squad - albeit 3 x GKs. That’s quite a lot of churn.

Tiber

Mata
Jones
Matic (Doubtful, we never invest at the position, why would they start now?)
Periera
Lingard
Williams(loan)
Henderson/DDG - preferably both but lets face it we won't invest in a top level keeper. Personally id keep DDG but the club seems to like the cheaper option.
Martial - Assuming we actually invest in a striker who isn't 35 and/or just released by Watford.
Grant
Bailly (again, wont happen as I doubt we invest at the position)
Dalot
Chong (I doubt he makes it at this point, maybe another loan?)

And id personally sell Fred who I think is a decent, but far from great player . But I seem to be in a minority on this.

Last edited:

Remember the geese

I'd sell/release Grant, Jones, Dalot, Pereira, Lingard, Chong and Mata irrespective of any business we do. Romero too will leave.

I'd probably keep Matic for one more year so Garner can have another year on loan. If Sancho or an equivalent is signed, I'd sell James too. In the event that a centre back is signed, I'd be tempted to loan out Tuanzebe. I rate him, but he needs regular football to develop. Williams should be loaned out if we sign Trippier, along with Garner, Laird, Mengi, Elanga, Galbraith etc.

Last edited:

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I'd sell/release Grant, Jones, Dalot, Pereira, Lingard, Chong and Mata irrespective of any business we do. Romero too will leave.

I'd probably keep Matic for one more year so Garner can have another year on loan. If Sancho or an equivalent is signed, I'd sell James too. In the event that a centre back is signed, I'd be tempted to loan out Tuanzebe. I rate him, but he needs regular football to develop. Williams should be loaned out if we sign Trippier, along with Garner, Laird, Mengi, Elanga, Galbraith etc.
Pretty close to my thoughts, although I can see Jones staying for one more season, as 4th choice CB, so Tuanzebe can get his loan, plus the fact that if Jones can prove his fitness through the season (I know it's a big if) , then we may get a decent price for him when Tuanzebe and hopefully Mengi and Fish, may be in the running for the first team squad in 12 months time.
Mata may get an extension, but can't really see him getting many games, although he may be helping to integrate the youngsters into the first team environment, and could be an asset if Ole plays a few lads in the League Cup matches alongside him.
Matic, I feel, would go, if a good offer came in with a three year contract, where that leaves Garner, I'm not sure, as I also feel a season long loan for him would be ideal.
Good post by the way.

Wilt

I’d sell Martial even if just to lose his £250,000 a week wages.... which is probably the reason we won’t find any takers. Same would apply to De Gea and his £375,000 a week wages.

Remember the geese

Pretty close to my thoughts, although I can see Jones staying for one more season, as 4th choice CB, so Tuanzebe can get his loan, plus the fact that if Jones can prove his fitness through the season (I know it's a big if) , then we may get a decent price for him when Tuanzebe and hopefully Mengi and Fish, may be in the running for the first team squad in 12 months time.
Mata may get an extension, but can't really see him getting many games, although he may be helping to integrate the youngsters into the first team environment, and could be an asset if Ole plays a few lads in the League Cup matches alongside him.
Matic, I feel, would go, if a good offer came in with a three year contract, where that leaves Garner, I'm not sure, as I also feel a season long loan for him would be ideal.
Good post by the way.
I think we will probably sign a centre back, so if Tuanzebe were to leave on loan then that would make Jones 5th choice behind the new guy, Maguire, Lindelof and Bailly. I don't think we would need him to stick around in that scenario, but there could be a lack of takers for him.

True enough about Mata. He is a model professional and could be a good influence on the talented youngsters we have coming through. Depending on whether he and Ole are happy enough with the sort of role that you describe, then no problem.

I wouldn't be against Matic moving on if we signed a new defensive midfielder, but ideally I'd want us to have a natural holder in reserve (although I guess one of Fred or McTominay could fill in perhaps). Garner could be that man, but I'd probably rather him play regularly for another year, rather than a few cup games here and there with us.

Cheers mate.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Henderson/De Gea
Romero
Grant
J.Pereira
Dalot
Jones
Matic
Mata
A.Pereira
Lingard
James, maybe
One of Lindelof/Bailly/Tuanzebe assuming we buy a CB
Williams, maybe
Levitt
Mellor
Chong, maybe

sincher

This is a load of nonsense. You have added Rice, Sancho, Trippier and Varane, barely sold anyone but claim it would cost 112m net! How??

I went back and read your post. It is pure fantasy.

Last edited:

sincher

That is ambitious
They won't all leave of course. But I think we should try to make room in our squad for promising youngsters, and also aim to use our wage budget more efficiently. Even with games packed together we have not used our squad players very much, it is very difficult to find good loans, and under 23 football is not improving them enough.

Developing the likes of Amad, Laird, Mengi, Fish, Garner, Hannibal, Shoretire, Elanga and Pellistri should be one of the key goals next season. Some will probably go on loan but a number could play a good number of games for the first team I think.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I think we will probably sign a centre back, so if Tuanzebe were to leave on loan then that would make Jones 5th choice behind the new guy, Maguire, Lindelof and Bailly. I don't think we would need him to stick around in that scenario, but there could be a lack of takers for him.

True enough about Mata. He is a model professional and could be a good influence on the talented youngsters we have coming through. Depending on whether he and Ole are happy enough with the sort of role that you describe, then no problem.

I wouldn't be against Matic moving on if we signed a new defensive midfielder, but ideally I'd want us to have a natural holder in reserve (although I guess one of Fred or McTominay could fill in perhaps). Garner could be that man, but I'd probably rather him play regularly for another year, rather than a few cup games here and there with us.

Cheers mate.
The thing is,
'all things are possible',
so whatever happens will please some fans, and disappoint others, but many of the decisions, especially loans, will be made after initial training, and our pre season matches, although I believe that Ole and his team know which 'two or three' players they want, so, hopefully, they will be completed early on in the window, but the interesting decisions will be around Pogba, Martial and Matic, whether they go or stay, and who we have lined up to replace them if they do go.
You're very welcome, it's nice to discuss things in a level headed manner, rather than some on here who have to make bold and poorly judged decisions based on their dislike of a certain player.

Red Royal

They won't all leave of course. But I think we should try to make room in our squad for promising youngsters, and also aim to use our wage budget more efficiently. Even with games packed together we have not used our squad players very much, it is very difficult to find good loans, and under 23 football is not improving them enough.

Developing the likes of Amad, Laird, Mengi, Fish, Garner, Hannibal, Shoretire, Elanga and Pellistri should be one of the key goals next season. Some will probably go on loan but a number could play a good number of games for the first team I think.
I actually agree with you, there are so many who are either past it ior just not good enough for a squad place. E.g. does Mata now bring much more than Amad or Hanibal? Totally get he is a model professional etc . But he looks past it. If he had Cavani levels of fitness age would not matter.

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
Whoever
- is not a key player,
- is easily replaceable if a replacement is necessary,
- there is a willing buyer for (and for a fair price), and
- who wants to/is willing to leave to join a willing buyer

Basically any player who isn't vitally important to keep is for sale for the right price. The only players I'd put in the "vitally important to keep" category would be Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood, Maguire and Wan-Bissaka. (And Pogba if he makes up his mind about wanting to stay and play for Ole).

Reactions: Sultan

sincher

I actually agree with you, there are so many who are either past it ior just not good enough for a squad place. E.g. does Mata now bring much more than Amad or Hanibal? Totally get he is a model professional etc . But he looks past it. If he had Cavani levels of fitness age would not matter.
I kinda love Mata. But we haven't needed him this season, and of course he is quite expensive.

Gog

This is a load of nonsense. You have added Rice, Sancho, Trippier and Varane, barely sold anyone but claim it would cost 112m net! How??

I went back and read your post. It is pure fantasy.
112m net! How??

Perhaps I didn't make my thoughts clear enough.

I based it on us selling Dalot 9m, Matic 9m, Pereira 7m, Lingard 22m & Chong 4m.

This totals 51m which I do not believe is pure fantasy.

I then showed us purchasing Sancho for up to 85, Rice for 60m, and Trippier for 18m.

This totals 163m, which I also think will not be far from what we will pay for these three, if we go for and get them.

I have then subtracted the 51m of sales, from the 163m of purchases, which gives the net spend figure of 112m.

The only bit of my post that may be wishful thinking, is where I said, try to swap Varane for Van De Beek.

I did say however, and specifically, that this was a long shot.

A way of finding out whether Varane is serious about leaving for a new challenge.

It seems that Real Madrid were seriously interested in Van De Beek just a year ago, and that it fell down on cost of purchase basis. That is they weren't willing to pay 41m.

If Varane is genuine about a fresh challenge, but knows money is short in COVID times, he might be willing to play poker with them, and tell them they can get VDBeek (who by all accounts preferred a Real Madrid move in the first place), or nothing for him, as if he doesn't get sold or swapped, he will run down his contract.

I hope this makes my post much clearer.

Craig Ward

Nailed on to leave:
Grant
Romero
Mata

Surplus to requirements/We need to move on
Periera
Lingard
Jones
Matic
Martial
Pogba
Bailly

Players who need a loan
Williams
Garner
Laird

Obviously some outgoings will depend on incomings but we have a lot of players who don't really feature of affect the first team squad.

Martial and Pogba out is a bit of a stretch in reality but if we sign a CF this summer, surely Martial has no use here. We have wide forwards and he's been in erratic form for 3-4 years. Pogba is probably the one who divides us the most, like Martial he's had good moments and poor. His contract is running down and he's been open about his desire to leave in the past. A new contract will be a disaster in my opinion - it will be mega wages and he's already proven over his time here that he cant play central midfield reliably enough and we cannot keep hoping to build a team around him. Time to move on in my opinion.

Looks like a lot of business, but the only one's worth any value are Lingard, DDG, Martial and Pogba really. The rest should be easy outgoings.

DDG is a weird one, but him and Henderson cannot stay. Both are too good to be a no.2 really - while both should be marketable, i'd rather we call time on DDG's utd career and move forward afresh

I just hope we get business done. We aren't far off a really solid team. A CB, CM and CF must buys.

If the above goes ahead it's 10 players out and i;d like to see 4 come in and be active around the first team squad

sincher

112m net! How??

Perhaps I didn't make my thoughts clear enough.

I based it on us selling Dalot 9m, Matic 9m, Pereira 7m, Lingard 22m & Chong 4m.

This totals 51m which I do not believe is pure fantasy.

I then showed us purchasing Sancho for up to 85, Rice for 60m, and Trippier for 18m.

This totals 163m, which I also think will not be far from what we will pay for these three, if we go for and get them.

I have then subtracted the 51m of sales, from the 163m of purchases, which gives the net spend figure of 112m.

The only bit of my post that may be wishful thinking, is where I said, try to swap Varane for Van De Beek.

I did say however, and specifically, that this was a long shot.

A way of finding out whether Varane is serious about leaving for a new challenge.

It seems that Real Madrid were seriously interested in Van De Beek just a year ago, and that it fell down on cost of purchase basis. That is they weren't willing to pay 41m.

If Varane is genuine about a fresh challenge, but knows money is short in COVID times, he might be willing to play poker with them, and tell them they can get VDBeek (who by all accounts preferred a Real Madrid move in the first place), or nothing for him, as if he doesn't get sold or swapped, he will run down his contract.

I hope this makes my post much clearer.
West Ham won't sell Rice for 60m, Atletico are very unlikely to sell Trippier for 18m, noone is paying 9m for Matic or Dalot. And of course the Varane/Van de Beek thing is ridiculous.

croadyman

Nailed on to leave:
Grant
Romero
Mata

Surplus to requirements/We need to move on
Periera
Lingard
Jones
Matic
Martial
Pogba
Bailly

Players who need a loan
Williams
Garner
Laird

Obviously some outgoings will depend on incomings but we have a lot of players who don't really feature of affect the first team squad.

Martial and Pogba out is a bit of a stretch in reality but if we sign a CF this summer, surely Martial has no use here. We have wide forwards and he's been in erratic form for 3-4 years. Pogba is probably the one who divides us the most, like Martial he's had good moments and poor. His contract is running down and he's been open about his desire to leave in the past. A new contract will be a disaster in my opinion - it will be mega wages and he's already proven over his time here that he cant play central midfield reliably enough and we cannot keep hoping to build a team around him. Time to move on in my opinion.

Looks like a lot of business, but the only one's worth any value are Lingard, DDG, Martial and Pogba really. The rest should be easy outgoings.

DDG is a weird one, but him and Henderson cannot stay. Both are too good to be a no.2 really - while both should be marketable, i'd rather we call time on DDG's utd career and move forward afresh

I just hope we get business done. We aren't far off a really solid team. A CB, CM and CF must buys.

If the above goes ahead it's 10 players out and i;d like to see 4 come in and be active around the first team squad
Yeah think there is every chance that Pogba will stay and run down his contract, in regards to Tony I wonder if there is any truth in this rumour that The Glazers absolutely love him and they are the reason he didn't get sold under Jose in 2018

BlackBen

I’m a huge fan of Martial but I feel his time at the club is up. We should cash in on him and if we get £50-60mil from a club like PSG, it’ll be a win win for all parties involved.

Players I want to be sold/released :
Daniel James
Martial
Jones
Bailly
Lingard
Lindelöf
Tuanzebe
Matic
Mata

Gog

West Ham won't sell Rice for 60m, Atletico are very unlikely to sell Trippier for 18m, noone is paying 9m for Matic or Dalot. And of course the Varane/Van de Beek thing is ridiculous.
In this thread, as I understand it, the difference between those leaving and coming in, is that who we get, will be dictated by outgoings, more than normal.

Lingard, is one of those, most think should be an outgoing to aid incomings.

He is wanted by West Ham, and we want Rice, so serious poker, will be played.

As crossy 1686 said in the Rice thread (I don't know how to include multiple postings):

"players who score or create goals, cost more than players that stop goals. If scoring and creating was easier than being a spoiler, defenders would be worth more than strikers.
With that being said, Lingard should cost more than Rice (I know he's in his last year of his contract). Surely West Ham need Lingard more? Rice is easier to replace for them. Lingard took West Ham to a whole new level this season with his creative influence. As I said, that's harder to replace (more costly also) than a spoiler in the form of a CDM. I'm not saying Rice will be cheap or Lingard will be expensive but this Lingard plus £30m stuff is nonsense."

I don't agree with crossy 1686's valuation of both players, but I do think he makes important points, and that we shouldn't underestimate Lingard's value to West Ham.

I think that West Ham need Lingard for 22m, more than we need Rice for 60m. But we will have to wait and see. What you or I think West Ham will or won't do, will have no bearing on negotiations.

In the case of Trippier, Matic and Dalot, there are no makeweights, or direct swap possibilities that I am currently aware of. Let's agree to disagree on Trippier for 18m, and Matic and Dalot, who I think will have many takers at 9m apiece.

Freeing up space, and getting players not in plans or committed to the team off the books, is vital to squad refreshment, not just for us, but for everyone.

Swaps and creative thinking, will be a big part of that in these COVID times.

That is why a Varane/Van De Beek exchange, perhaps ridiculous sounding at any other time, may not be now.

And if that one doesn't happen, similarly strange ones will, of that I am sure.

Reactions: Sultan

sincher

Lingard is worth a bit, yes, though he only has a year left and is unlikely to renew. The main problem is his wages - I am not sure West Ham can really afford him. Might not be a bad thing as many other clubs could be interested. He could even be considered as part of a Sancho offer to Dortmund, though again would have to take a wage cut. Wages are a problem for selling any of Matic, Dalot, Lingard, Jones etc. - that and the fact that most clubs have been losing money majorly over the last 12 months so don't have much to spend. I mean before Covid I would think West Ham would price Rice out of any move by asking for £100m... and even now I doubt they would take less than £80m unless he seriously agitated for a move, which I don't think he will considering they are not in a bad place. But you can take that ~20% off value for the top players and double it at the lower range as the medium clubs just won't pay big fees this summer.

humdinger

We've got several players who don't play enough to justify keeping either due to injury or being out of favour:

Romero
Jones
Mata
Tuanzebe (hopefully with a buy-back)
Williams (hopefully with a buy-back)

I don't see any of our loans coming back.

If DDG kicks up a fuss about not being no1 he'll probably be allowed to go. Pogba will go if he doesn't sign a contract.

Even if they aren't good enough as regular starters, Lindelof, Bailly, James, Matic and Martial do get games as squad players so I don't see them going unless they ask to go and we get a decent fee.

Dve

We probably need 300 to get Oblak, Rice, Varane and Sancho.

With a hypothetical (yet, reported) net spending of 150m, we need to sell:

James: 25m. Perfekt for Everton.
Lingard: 20m (one year left of contract, and doubt he´ll play enough to raise his value this summer)
De Gea: 40m (up-priced in a swap for Oblak)
Henderson: 30m. Humble enough for Ole?
Pereira: 8m. Sporting Lisboa.
Matic: 7m. Rome
Dalot: 8m. AC Milan
Bailly: 12m. North Manchester General Hospital.

= 150m

Dve

Mata
Jones
Matic (Doubtful, we never invest at the position, why would they start now?)
Periera
Lingard
Williams(loan)
Henderson/DDG - preferably both but lets face it we won't invest in a top level keeper. Personally id keep DDG but the club seems to like the cheaper option.
Martial - Assuming we actually invest in a striker who isn't 35 and/or just released by Watford.
Grant
Bailly (again, wont happen as I doubt we invest at the position)
Dalot
Chong (I doubt he makes it at this point, maybe another loan?)

And id personally sell Fred who I think is a decent, but far from great player . But I seem to be in a minority on this.
Then we would need to buy two central midfielders, if you want to get rid of Matic as well.

Craig Ward

Then we would need to buy two central midfielders, if you want to get rid of Matic as well.
We could probably do with two central midfield players anyway

Pogba cant play there, Matic is past it, Garner isn;t ready.

Donny hasn't had much of a look in.

We regularly start Fred and McTominey. Fred's an underrated player I feel, he's certain to play a big part but McTominey is a really poor player. We need to sign a regular starting midfielder and probably another to rotate with Donny/McTominey.

croadyman

We could probably do with two central midfield players anyway

Pogba cant play there, Matic is past it, Garner isn;t ready.

Donny hasn't had much of a look in.

We regularly start Fred and McTominey. Fred's an underrated player I feel, he's certain to play a big part but McTominey is a really poor player. We need to sign a regular starting midfielder and probably another to rotate with Donny/McTominey.
Well if we could get part of that this summer whether it's DM/CM along with a CB & RW that's progress

Craig Ward

Well if we could get part of that this summer whether it's DM/CM along with a CB & RW that's progress
Agree, I think realistically we still have way too much business to do in one window.

We have at least 10 players who need to leave permanently, some more on loan.

We need a starting player for CB/DM/CF as a priority and possibly 1/2 more in to enhance the quality around the squad. We have so much traffic to get the squad to where it needs to be. We are going to have to base what we can bring in by what we can get out realistically

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Well, I really hope you're wrong. De Gea hasn't put a foot wrong this season, has put in several world-class performances & has looked generally back to his best. We signed Van der Sar when he was older then DDG is now & won the CL with him playing an instrumental part at the age of 38 so de Gea isn't finished by a long shot. If we go into next season with Henderson as the first choice keeper we'll be in for a world of trouble.
Even taking into account that this post was before the worst penalty shootout performance of all time, did you not see the leipzig and everton matches where he shits himself and literally moves out of the way of the ball?

The Hilton

Whoever
- is not a key player,
- is easily replaceable if a replacement is necessary,
- there is a willing buyer for (and for a fair price), and
- who wants to/is willing to leave to join a willing buyer

Basically any player who isn't vitally important to keep is for sale for the right price. The only players I'd put in the "vitally important to keep" category would be Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood, Maguire and Wan-Bissaka. (And Pogba if he makes up his mind about wanting to stay and play for Ole).
We've just finished a season where the lack of quality depth in our squad has cost us multiple trophies (or at least a proper crack at them), and you're suggesting that half of the first team can go? For me that's an absolutely nutty perspective, the only players that should be going are the ones on wages that are too high for what they offer (some examples being Jones, Lingard, Mata, Matic, basically fringe players and DDG if he becomes second choice).

MichaelRed

Even taking into account that this post was before the worst penalty shootout performance of all time, did you not see the leipzig and everton matches where he shits himself and literally moves out of the way of the ball?
So, a penalty shootout is how we're going to judge a keeper over a 50-60 game season? We probably won't have another penalty shootout before the man retires ffs. As for Everton, I assume you mean the 3-3 game? First goal is 100% on the defence, 2nd goal the defence & midfielders & was absolutely unstoppable from a GK perspective & the 3rd goal was our horrific set piece organisation as we've seen all season which is down to the coaches and the captain at the back so no, you're talking out your rear end if you want to blame him for Everton. Leipzig you can only be talking about their 3rd goal and again it's shocking defending but De Gea could have done better, still not exactly a howler but he could have done more for sure. One open play mistake from our only first team player to have won the league with us, record holding 4 time player of the year, still a solid 8 years off retirement goalkeeper. Big deal.