Who should replace Lingard?

Devil81

Not to blame today, the midfield and both full backs have been targetted.

Shaw has been abysmal and Matic and Fred don't look comfortable together.

Bojan11

Not to blame? He’s fecked up about three counters with his shit cowardly passing. He’s never to blame according to some despite stats and performances saying other wise.

Pyro19

It's hard to blame him when we all know how little talent he has. Championship level player no matter how you look at it.

Blame Ole for picking him again and again.

El Zoido

It's hard to blame him when we all know how little talent he has. Championship level player no matter how you look at it.

Blame Ole for picking him again and again.
He’s barely even Championship level.

Kostov

The stats are one thing 0 goals and 0 assists in a year but his overall play is shocking as well, how the hell does he still get picked. Disgusting.
Back when he had that one “good” season under Mourinho, I was arguing in his thread that stats are actually the only thing that go in his favor back then. I was called a hater, actually he has always been an absolutely atrocious footballer.

El Zoido

Frankly he is the worst professional footballer I’ve ever seen. Offers less than nothing. I would rather play with 10 men than pick him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Back when he had that one “good” season under Mourinho, I was arguing in his thread that stats are actually the only thing that go in his favor back then. I was called a hater, actually he has always been an absolutely atrocious footballer.
He's a clown. What kinda pro footballer doesn't improve on most elements since he first broke through as a pro ??

Andi Latte

Pereira, for however hot and cold he blows, is just better at every aspect of the game than Lingard. Says it all, really.

flappyjay

He is. He is part of the midfield yet he is so afraid of the ball. Martial comes deeper to get the ball off of the midfielders. That's Lingards job

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Why drop Pereira? An assist in each of his last two games. More than Lingard has got i the last year,

flappyjay

Pereira, for however hot and cold he blows, is just better at every aspect of the game than Lingard. Says it all, really.
For all his faults at least pereira never hides. You would forget that Lingard is part of the team at times

Falcow

Irreplaceable in fairness. Hopefully madrid dont come sniffing in this window.

Devil81

He is. He is part of the midfield yet he is so afraid of the ball. Martial comes deeper to get the ball off of the midfielders. That's Lingards job

Think the issue today come deeper than Lingard, I'm not his biggest fan but I feel the front four have zero support and very little supply.

Based Adnan

Think the issue today come deeper than Lingard, I'm not his biggest fan but I feel the front four have zero support and very little supply.
"Front 4" as if the number 10 should be the one getting supplied instead of doing the supplying?

flappyjay

Because lingard is not doing his job. He is the link between midfield and attack. He is the 10.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He's done the same shit again today when he's simply kicking the ball out of play for no fecking reason. Done it the last time too. I cannot wait for @GifLord 's postmatch compilation of our boi JLIngz14 plays.

fecking clown, don't think we've ever had a player at this club I hated more when the player was still playing for us.

hobbers

He doesn't even need replaced. As a squad player he adds exactly nothing to the overall picture. Nothing.

Ole just needs to grow a brain and stop playing him.

billybee99

Lingard is supposed to be that supply but he's a fecking coward hiding from the ball.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
There is no benefit in playing him, only a downside, so I can't see why he needs to be even on the bench.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not fit to lace Tom Cleverly's boots. Or even Darron Gibson.

mewnew11

Ole was asked about lingz in the pre match. He said he has had a bad 2019 and we know the reasons behind it. Let's he hope he has a good 2020.
I am telling you he won't get sold. It's like ole is blind or gets blow jobs from Lingz. One more goal this season and he might get a new contract

LDUred

I don't see how he was worse than anyone else up front. It was a dire team performance, largely stemming from the midfield moving the ball forward slowly or ceding possession.

Lingard has had a lousy 2019 but I don't see how today's performance resulted from his display. Our backline and midfield couldn't cope with Arsenal's high press and it rendered our forwards spectators.

Andersons Dietician

I’ll do it, I doubt I could be any worse than him honestly. Knew he was in for it in the 1st minute when he had a nice little break and he played his standard lazy pass That stopped all momentum.

I don’t think there is anyone in this team to take his place other than Gomes and for whatever reason Ole doesn’t seem to fancy him so someone needs to be brought in if Ole wants to continue this way and I just can’t see who you get in January and who you get without spending huge.