Who should the caretaker manager be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traub

I'm just going to be so happy seeing us trying to entertain. It'll take a while because we're so brainwashed with a defensive mindset.
Yeah, but with the league already over, as long as we don’t get relegated we should be fine.

UncleBob

Like any other fan, i'd love nothing more than for Ole to turn things around and put a positive spin on the season with entertaining football and decent cup runs.

But jesus fecking christ this is one big gamble.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Plays attractive football
He’s available right away
Willing to be the interim where other managers might not
Knows the club
Fans love him

Makes sense in the short term because of those things.
Still the same point.

‘Plays attractive football’ isn’t really a fact you can stick to his name for me. He’s managed Cardiff, unsuccessfully, and manages in very comfortable terrain presently.

As for the rest, obviously anyone we brought in would need to be available right away and accept an interim role, so this is no advantage over any other appointee, as this would obviously apply to anyone. In any case, he’s less ‘available’ than others, as he’s currently employed.

‘Knows the club’ and ‘fans love him’ are the exact points I am stating he has been given the job for. These are the only points that have got him the job I think . I am ‘willing and available’, but not qualified enough. Nor is Solskjaer.

U99ted

Like any other fan, i'd love nothing more than for Ole to turn things around and put a positive spin on the season with entertaining football and decent cup runs.

But jesus fecking christ this is one big gamble.
Not got much to lose from here.

Chairman Steve

Even the club webpages get leaked :lol: I guess they had it already to splash on us and someone actually found that uploaded video.

Welcome back OGS. Hope you’re as effective as a sub when it comes to managing us, rather than playing for us.

Traub

Not got much to lose from here.
Plus if we hit relegation form, we will just bin him and bring in big Sam - not like we don’t have the players for his relegation battle tactics.

Acquire Me

Jim Solbakken, Oles agent, knew about the sacking of Mourinho before the offical sacking. So its safe to say that this is well planned.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Still the same point.

‘Plays attractive football’ isn’t really a fact you can stick to his name for me. He’s managed Cardiff, unsuccessfully, and manages in very comfortable terrain presently.

As for the rest, obviously anyone we brought in would need to be available right away and accept an interim role, so this is no advantage over any other appointee, as this would obviously apply to anyone. In any case, he’s less ‘available’ than others, as he’s currently employed.

‘Knows the club’ and ‘fans love him’ are the exact points I am stating he has been given the job for. These are the only points that have got him the job I think . I am ‘willing and available’, but not qualified enough. Nor is Solskjaer.
Who would you appoint as an interim then.

tonnas

It is an interim position not a full time one
Atm the interim manager needs to make the team united and hopefully the club will make the correct choice come summer.

Woodzy

Happy with this. A nice positive character to help lift the team and improve our football for the next 6 months. That's all we needed.

Chairman Steve

Also one note on Phelan, I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that towards of Sir Alex had delegated out a lot of responsibilities out to him and Rene... so I don’t think he’s going to be a yes man by any means.

davidmichael

This season is a write off so what’s the worst that can happen with a trio of Solskjaer, Carrick and McKenna ? The mood will be lifted amongst the players and the fans and could build some real harmony momentum going into next season.

Judas

Open to offers
Seems on the face of it a rather odd nostalgia choice that seems daft with half the season left. But it'll please the twitter crowd. It'll be a laugh, but I won't be expecting a real improvement from us at all. Should be less depressing hopefully.

Chairman Steve

His Cardiff stint could have been just an unrescueable situation anyway. It’s not like he sunk a Premier League mainstay.

Status
Not open for further replies.