Who should the caretaker manager be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

Let's face it, everyone slammed Jose for his defensive tactics, so if Ole goes attacking then he'll do well. I'm sure the players will enjoy being around a manager that thinks attack first rather than defend.

Its almost official.The speculation has been rife since Jose was sacked in the morning.Fans been speculating on his return all day.
Welcome back William Prunier.

Minimalist

Let's not be daft, if Ole somehow managed to win the CL, he'd obviously get the job full-time. :lol:

But he's not going to.

ChaddyP

I'm happy to have him as interim manager. Hoping for a good rest of the season with some lovely football back at old Trafford

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Who would you appoint as an interim then.
I don’t have the same knowledge as to who is available, but in short, someone with more pedigree than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer! If there was no experience available, then I’d let Carrick and McKenna take it, but ideally, someone else.

No point in me giving you names, as you can just say, ‘how do you know he would have taken the job?’. What I will say is that I suspect Manchester United Football Club would not have to go as far down the list as Ole to find a qualified manager capable of managing United on the interim.

Chelsea found themselves in this situation and got Hiddink, Benitez and Grant. Managers with more track record. They gave it to Di Matteo once because he was already at the club, sort of like McKenna, Carrick or Butt.

berbasloth4

the season is a dead rubber guys. If he comes in has us playing good football gives few of the u23s a chance. Its only the rest of the season if he nicks 4th or wins champs league give him it permanently but right now we just need a feel good factor.

Judas

Open to offers
the season is a dead rubber guys. If he comes in has us playing good football gives few of the u23s a chance. Its only the rest of the season if he nicks 4th or wins champs league give him it permanently but right now we just need a feel good factor.
It's only December! Why is everyone so desperate to write off this season? To make the pill a bit easier to swallow that we're getting Ole in as caretaker?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's only December! Why is everyone so desperate to write off this season? To make the pill a bit easier to swallow that we're getting Ole in as caretaker?
It's just being realistic. We probably need 50+ points from the 63 available (21 games) to even have a chance of top 4, its not going to happen regardless who is in charge.

We'll win some, lose some but hopefully it will be with better football than what we've been seeing, while we get some plans in place for the summer.

berbasloth4

doesnt matter who comes in was always a dead rubber season and yes only december. We have to gain confidence somewhere we have to tighten up at the back. We will finish 6th comfortably and thats about it

Skåre Willoch

Possibly noggie bias, but I'm happy with this.

He's a club legend. He's worked very well with Pogba and Lingard during his stint as academy coach. He's actually gained some valuable experience as a manager. But most important, he doesn't act like somebody just pissed in his afternoon tea.

Hopefully he'll bring some optimism and smiles back to both players and fans.

Former Manchester United defender Ronny Johnson comments on the likely arrival of Ole Gunnar Solskjær taking on the United hot-seat.
“If Ole Gunnar gets this job, they may not need to look for a new manager for next season. If he gets these players started, why can’the lead the team longer? It will be exciting to see.”

Johnsen continues “They get a guy who knows the club in and out. He has done a great job at the club before, with the youth team. For me, this is gold.”

Irrational.

Paul Ince was suggesting Mark Hughes +/- Steve Bruce on the radio earlier on. His opinion is worth less than a steaming turd but it really irritated me how utterly delusional his suggestion was.

cfkane

Everyone thinking Ole is a bad idea, remember that Cardiff was 4 years ago, he is more experienced now, and perhaps the time at Cardiff taught him what NOT to do. I am more positive about him than I would be if he had zero experience. I would have been worried if he was to be the new permanent manager, but as caretaker, I will take it.

Danillaco

Absolutely. He's pretty much done as much as he has been able to. That's why I'd certainly want him ahead of Ole or most (all?) of the other available options. But he hasn't been at a top tier (or even second tier really) club yet. I get the feeling people are thinking he's a 'bigger' manager than he actually is at this point in time. He'll almost certainly get that opportunity relatively soon, but I'd be quite surprised if he would turn down the role here for 6 months if we actually asked him.

In saying that, it sounds like it's going to be Ole. I'll love seeing him on the sideline personally and I'll obviously hope great things come from it, but I am a little disappointed considering how long of the season is still to go.
Ole it is.

But I still think Jardim would be perfect, we are a top tier club, but not a top tier team at this moment. It's exactly what we need, and for me even loving Solskjaer very much, I'm very unconvinced.

There's nothing more to do than support the new manager and hope to get us back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.