Who was worse - Rangnick or Ole?

Who was worse - Ragnick or Ole?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Sore. :lol: :lol: I can see who's sore and will be forever. Tell me how's the cult doing nowadays? Are you guys gonna go mainstream once again to pull down ETH?
What cult? You mean the Rangnite cultr? Dunno, you tell me. It seems to be very active in here still as far as I can see even though the guy is never to be seen again. Even ten Hag won't touch him with a barge pole.

I'm very happy, don't worry about me. :D

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sore. :lol: :lol: I can see who's sore and will be forever. Tell me how's the cult doing nowadays? Are you guys gonna go mainstream once again to pull down ETH?
Jose cults who united against Ole vs Ole cults who united against Rangnick.

And each blame others for not backing manager or pulling down manager :lol:

RedBanker

I love you Ole
What cult? You mean the Rangnite cultr? Dunno, you tell me. It seems to be very active in here still as far as I can see even though the guy is never to be seen again. Even ten Hag won't touch him with a barge pole.

I'm very happy, don't worry about me. :D
Yes i know cultists live in blissful happiness that an interim manager could not undo the mess created by their fraud deity. I get it. Everyone does. 53.6% right?

Last edited:

Crashoutcassius

This is actually an important point. Rangnick didn't need much of a cult to pull him down, but you are still right. We really need a united fanbase behind ETH. Threads like this increase the tribalism in here... I'm as big a contributor as anyone. I wish we could all just move on and get behind new boss

lysglimt

Scout
Ole had 6-7 awful games that got him sacked - Rangnick had 3-4 awful months....but for once, I think we got the right man with ETH....I was really worried we would go with Poch

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Somebody had to say it out loud.

This is actually an important point. Rangnick didn't need much of a cult to pull him down, but you are still right. We really need a united fanbase behind ETH. Threads like this increase the tribalism in here... I'm as big a contributor as anyone. I wish we could all just move on and get behind new boss
I agree. Can't wait for the pre-season to start, so that we can put all of this behind us/

abkmufc92

Ole because we wasted 3 years on a manager who should never have been made permanent manager in the first place.

Ralph1386

And each were ready to stick the the knife in the next manager instead of casting their feelings aside and thinking about what’s best for the club.

Some people here spend the large majority of their time attacking one of Ragnick or Ole instead of discussing how to move forward.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Ole made amateur mistakes from start to finish. Once your team lost the unbelievable and unusual come back record then his true ability was exposed.

That’s not to say Ralf was a success, he wasn’t but nothing Ole did has any merit to it. Your 2nd place finish would have got you 4th this season and he failed to win any cup competition. For a club of your size, that’s not good enough.

Enigma_87

You know who
The one who wasted three years and half a billion with zero achievements and left the squad in awful unbalanced state.

leon24

Could Pep or Klopp have done much better than Ole with the same amount of time and money given?

Could Pep or Klopp have done much better than Ralf with the same amount of time and money (0) given?

The answer is clear who is the worse.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Ole because we wasted 3 years on a manager who should never have been made permanent manager in the first place.
That's not his fault though. He still did a way better job than Rangnick - some memorable results under him at least. Rangnick delivered the most uninspiring, waste of space football since Moyes. Maybe worse.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
We had runs of good results and good performances under Ole. Regardless of the bad results and the bad performances, those good runs were something we hadn't had since Fergie. Apart from Brentford, was there any game under Rangnick where we actually played well?

Crashoutcassius

Could Pep or Klopp have done much better than Ole with the same amount of time and money given?

Could Pep or Klopp have done much better than Ralf with the same amount of time and money (0) given?

Are you saying pep wouldn't have done better than Ralf ? That can't be what you are saying

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

The answer is yes to both

Dante

Average bang
Rangnick apparently lost the confidence of the dressing room because the players thought he was too indecisive. He kept waiting for his analyst in Russia to talk to Armas through his earpiece before making changes to the game. He simply wasn't a football manager. It was ridiculous.

Ole was never a great manager either. But at least he got the basics right in his first two seasons and built a decent atmosphere in the squad during that time. He inherited Mourinho's counter-attacking team and did a good job of reinvigorating them with the confidence to continue playing that way. People criticise him for being all about 'vibes' but if 'vibes' were really that easy, everyone would be doing it. Unfortunately, he wasn't good enough to lead the transition from counter-attacking to possession-based tactics. But anybody who's managed a group of people will tell you that training a new way of working isn't the difficult part; the difficult part is convincing your team that it's worth doing. In that regard, Ole was let down by Woodward and Judge creating a bloated squad of underachievers who became impossible to convince of anything. The board overpaid and undelivered on new signings, and extended the contracts of every bad apple in the barrel.

In the end, neither manager was top class. This season was an almost impossible job for either of them given the imbalances they were given in the dressing room. But Rangnick knew the job going into it and couldn't even manage the team on a match day. On the other hand, Ole at least showed he could get the team playing well before the squad was sabotaged underneath him. Overall, Rangick was clearly worse at delivering on his remit.

stevoc

Again this nonsensical stat being peddled about without any context.
Let's not forget about cup games.

And lets be fair here Ole had a win ratio of around 41% this season and rightly got sacked because of it.

Rangnick had an overall win ratio of 38% and it went down to 24% from the end of January onwards.

stevoc

We had runs of good results and good performances under Ole. Regardless of the bad results and the bad performances, those good runs were something we hadn't had since Fergie. Apart from Brentford, was there any game under Rangnick where we actually played well?
We played pretty well in both games vs Brentford. Maybe the Leeds game aswell in parts.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We have had more 4-0 or more games under Ole than any other manager. Plus we were 3rd and then 2nd in the league under Ole. Yet there is a question of who is a better manager?
Its a dumb moot thread --- only posted for more haters to spew their garbage.

Reactions: Livvie

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I thought the consensus was Ole, but looking at the pole it explains how he lasted so long in the job while being a poor manager.

sglowrider

I thought the consensus was Ole, but looking at the pole it explains how he lasted so long in the job while being a poor manager.
In terms of entertainment value, I would say LVG by far -- and then Rangnick's team of down-toolers.

Daengophile

Personally I don't see any point in looking back negatively.

Hopefully in 5 years time we can be legitimately asking "who was the better manager? Ferguson or ten Hag"

Ace

Our team was far worse under Ralf for the second half of the season. Blame the players all you want, but he failed spectacularly at what he was hired to do (manage the players). Didn’t seem like he even tried and was only concerned about press conferences and distancing himself from the players.

sglowrider

Our team was far worse under Ralf for the second half of the season. Blame the players all you want, but he failed spectacularly at what he was hired to do (manage the players). Didn’t seem like he even tried and was only concerned about press conferences and distancing himself from the players.
100%