Who was worse - Rangnick or Ole?

Who was worse - Ragnick or Ole?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strats

Ole. Set the club back years with his signings and management.

Rangnick was not any good by any means, but the tools he was given and the lack of support from the board played a part

b82REZ

RR. While I like how he called out the club in hindsight keeping ole may have yielded better results
Absolutely no chance.

Ralf has been shite but he stepped into a position where we were in true relegation form and there were no signs of it being corrected.

Ole had clearly allowed the dressing room situation to fester and grow. The only positive to come out of the season is it seems the bad apples have been weeded out and we should have a more cooperative squad for Ten Hag.

Tap

In terms of performances and results, Ralf is worse. In terms of money wasted and negative long term effects, Ole is worse.

Drifter

American
Ralf. I think Ole would have got a result against Brighton, at least

NewYorkRed

RR has been terrible but he’s been sleeping in the bed that Ole made so I voted for Ole.

Rustyspider13

I think Rangnick was clearly the worse performing manager with this particular group of players. The board didn't help him at all as they didn't get him a player in January and didn't make his future involvement clear. The hope was the players would be professional regardless of manager but these lot are a bunch of unprofessional, disrespectful wankers and walked all over Rangnick.

Had we stuck with Ole, we might have performed better in the latter half of the season, but with Rangnick's tenure the players have been exposed completely and no one will question any of EtH's decision to bin a few players. So Rangnick's tenure might be viewed as better in the long run.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Ole by far, spent in excess of £400m+ to leave behind shower of shit. Was supposed to get us competing for City/Pool but we finish 35 points behind after "cultural" reboot

Rangnick has been underwhelming but he's had a lot going against him, no backing, unfit players and players who simply didn't want to play for him

Ralph1386

Ole. He built and coached this squad for almost three years. Ragnick’s results were atrocious but he inherited a toxic squad and didn’t get to buy a single player or get his own coaching team.

Bobski

Rangnick was worse, his highlight is 30 mins of mindless pressing in his first game. Performances have been awful, especially considering he has a soft fixture list to bed in with, Has barely made a brave or innovative selection in 6 months, the dressing room and togetherness of the team appears worse than the day he started.

Awful situation but he has been dreadful.

TSE123

These threads are a joke. I get annoyed with myself for being surprised again and again.

So many good managers have passed through United the past five years, with one thing in common. They have not managed to make anything good happen.

Surely its clear now that the problem is not the managers! There are even good players in the club, but for some reason United is the club were talent come to die! The whole attitude in the club needs to be rebuilt, which means you need to get rid of the majority of the old staff and the majority of the home bred players. Something is rotten and its not the managers and its not the brought in players!

Dan_F

Ole as it was his squad to start with, but on the face of it, the results for this season are probably very similar.

Anyone got a breakdown of PPG, Goals per game etc. I remember all the Rangnick fans using graphs to show how much we’d improved after a couple of games against Palace and Norwich.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Ole assembled this squad of absolute shites. So well done to him.

But honestly, both. Both were worse.

Red Stone

It's Ralf, which is astonishing, because Ole was really, really shit.

fergosaurus

Both performed atrociously bad. Ralf had a very difficult job following the mess Ole left him with but his stint was a shambles.

ShinjiNinja26

Ole. His squad and he’s allowed this shower of shite to become the most lazy, toxic, entitled set of players I’ve ever seen put on the Utd shirt. Ralf’s been poor no doubt but anyone would be doomed to fail walking into that mess.

leon24

Ole for sure. He has had few transfer windows.
Ralf on the other hand, inherited a highly unmotivated squad and had no chance to bring in any players to shape the team to his playing style.

Klopp and Pep wouldn’t have done much better if they had taken over Man Utd and has the same time with the squad as Ralf.

Fooza

Why even bother with this discussion? One had time to rebuild with few transfer window, one had a few months taking over a dead team.

Like comparing apples to oranges

They both rubbish though in a managerial role

Man-United

Both so I don't want to vote but want to see the result, why can I not?

Amarsdd

Even during worst times under Ole, I never actively thought we will lose the next game. Under Ralf, I have actively thought we'll lose the next game for the last 10 or so games.

mu4c_20le

Solskjaer is the worst - he built this mess.
He also achieved 74 points last season didn't he?

The only way for anyone to pick Ole is by counting transfer windows,which feels disingenuous to me since there is no valid comparison to be had. If we only compare results for their interim periods, then there is no discussion at all so I can see why people don't want to do that.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We had more bad games under Rangnick this season but Ole obviously carried much greater expectations and did much greater damage.

In reality I don't blame either of them though. The fact that either was Manchester United manager in any capacity is a reflection of how badly run we were. Not going to blame people who were obviously never up to the job for not being good at the job.

Amarsdd

Everyone here saying Ole assembled the squad, so he's worst. But if and when ETH makes us playing much better than Ralf with majority of the squad still playing, then will you guys reconsider that opinion? Just curious cause when Ole was here everyone was saying we'd be doing much better with this squad with a better manager and now Ralf has done worst than Ole, everyone seems to have changed their tune.

Lecland07

He also achieved 74 points last season didn't he?

The only way for anyone to pick Ole is by counting transfer windows,which feels disingenuous to me since there is no valid comparison to be had. If we only compare results for their interim periods, then there is no discussion at all so I can see why people don't want to do that.
You can't pick and choose parts of his tenure, though. That is what happened during his time here and culminated in the trash performances we have seen this season. Solskjaer was far more responsible than Ragnick, and so he is worse.

UnsungHero

Monitoring the preparation of the Vidal bid
They were both bad, but Ole had more luck than Rangnick (players like Bruno bailing him out week after week).

Let's not forget Ole finished second...

Then added Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane.

After that, relegation form...

Dreadful manager.

Son

Who cares? Honestly just move on and forget the last season ever happened. The question is pointless now.

Ace

We have been significantly worse since Ralf took over in every department. We’d have finished in the bottom half had Ralf been in charge all season. One of the worst managerial appointments in the premier league era.

RedDevilUnited369

Ralf was way worse.

Stop lying to yourselves. And stop thinking that the majority of this very same squad will be gone next season. They won’t.

You will see the difference once ETH gets his claws into them.