Who will be our first choice #9 next season?

redmanx

Martial certainly has it all to do to get a game next season.
His only saving grace is Greenwood is still too young to regularly be the Number 9, and Cavani too old to be :)
We should lose Martial, hes a fantastic player but he too often fails to perform and we cant carry passengers in the team.

tjb

Martial will hit some form at some point. People forget the things he has done in his career. If we got cash for him i wouldn't miss him personally but if he stays I'm sure he will hit form again
What has he really done? Rashford is the one that carried us in the first half of 19/20.I remember how laboured our attack was. Yesterday I saw Greenwood take charge in that no.9 role in a way Martial never did for us. On the left, he's never been creative either. We have never done well when Martial is relied on.

ReallyUSA

Martial will be looking to see a striker game imo. He dropped the ball, again, when the pressure was on to perform. He will get his games on the wing or hopefully he gets a fresh start somewhere else.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Why would he be 4th behind Rashford when he has looked much better in that role than Marcus?
Eh?

I said he would be 4th IF Rashford had looked half-decent.

Rashford has not looked half-decent - hence, he'd * be 3rd (at the moment).

* "He" being Martial, to be clear.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
People think Martial will be behind Greenwood and even Rashford :lol: . Very ignorant talk
Not really? It's quite obvious you adore the bloke, but most people are being a bit more rational than you are. Martial will get ahead of them if he proves himself worthy of doing so. He's the one with it all to do to get into the team. "even Rashford" like his numbers aren't insane when he's been half dead all season, what's Martial excuse? I'm sure you've got many for him.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Not really? It's quite obvious you adore the bloke, but most people are being a bit more rational than you are. Martial will get ahead of them if he proves himself worthy of doing so. He's the one with it all to do to get into the team. "even Rashford" like his numbers aren't insane when he's been half dead all season, what's Martial excuse? I'm sure you've got many for him.
I don't adore the bloke. I guarantee you Martial will be at least second choice striker next season. I'm not talking about what I think should happen but what will happen.