Who will be sacked first? Emery vs Pochettino Edition

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Arsenal should go for Allegri. Don't see Levy sacking Pochettino when he can get a bit of cash for him from Real Madrid or Manchester United.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Has to be Emery. Spurs won't get a better manager than Poch. Levy won't sack unless they are struggling to make the top half.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Far too early. None of them are getting sacked, before the end of the season, IMO.
Arsenal are in the same spot they have been for the last 3-4 seasons.
Pochettino's Spurs always had a slow start in them.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Emery is out of contract in the summer so he'll just leave then
Poch and Spurs will probably have a 'mutual' parting of the ways at the end of the season as well

I dont believe either will be sacked

cyberman

Poch wont be sacked and he will leave to much money on the table if he quits.
Signing that new contract has left the two parties in limbo. They will lose less by failing to reach the CL than by sacking Poch so they could keep him and give him the chance to rebuild

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I don't see why Arsenal would sack Emery. They have an embarrassing result every now and then but that was happening even when Wenger was around and keeping them in the top 4.

Sylar

In terms of long-term, I think Emery would be released before Poch (end of season with no contract extension)
He wont be sacked cos they are only 4 points of top4 and doing well in Europa.

Spurs are doing worse this season with Poch, but Poch has built up so much that it would need to see them losing every game and be in relegation zone for that to happen, and Spurs will avoid that as long as they have Kane/Son doing well.

Guy Incognito

I don't see why Arsenal would sack Emery. They have an embarrassing result every now and then but that was happening even when Wenger was around and keeping them in the top 4.
I honestly can't remember the last time they trashed an opponent at home. If Arsenal led or went 2-nil at home, even under Wenger, you'd expect them to see out the game.

Think Emery will be gone before Pochettino. Maybe even before Christmas.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
If we lose to Leicester or mess up another lead i don't see Emery lasting until Christmas. Pochettino will probably finish the season.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Levy is not going to pay out Poch's contract, it's not the way he does business. if another club wants to buy him i'm sure Levy would be ecstatic but balancing the books and making stadium payments come first.

redshaw

I'd say Emery.

The pressure for getting top 4 is quite grueling so it's possible a few could get sacked.

el3mel

Was Wenger actually still a bloody good manager?
Wenger had been finished for few years before leaving.

The problem is Emery himself has done nothing of note.

On paper it looked like a decent choice that suits them. Plays offensive football and won European cups with Sevilla. Not a top class manager as shown with PSG but a decent choice that's going to offer entertainment and top 4. The problem is he failed miserably.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Poch has earned one poor season. There are many reasons why a team can be performing poorly and not all of them are the manager's cause.

redshaw

Well done to Poch. I said Emery but also said I wouldn't be surprised one of a few go before.

I guess those crisis talks with Levy didn't leave a good impression and they pulled the trigger.