Who will be the first signing in the Newcastle Saudi FC era?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Newcastle would do well to sign someone like Teemu Pukki, who can offer them a goal threat in the PL but will likely stay at the club no problem and play in the championship, where he will easily be one of the better players. Norwich will likely be resigning themselves to being relegated this season (they’ve scored 8 goals so far, which is atrocious) so they want to look at getting better fees for some players who’s value drops quite significantly with a division drop. Max Aarons also falls into a similar category, though I imagine he now wants regular PL football.
…they have Callum Wilson and ASM ffs!

They need defenders and defensive midfielders!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Heard it's on a deal just shy of £150k a week :lol:
Absolutely hilarious if true,

Champ

£7.5m per year according to reports.
So what's that, £140ishk a week?

That's a huge wage for a club like Newcastle, can see some sponsorship deals with oil companies happening soon!!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
£7.5m per year according to reports.
7.5m isn't bad but I don't trust that report though. Why would a player move out of Laliga champion club to a relegation club , if not for money?

bond19821982

That's a huge wage for a club like Newcastle, can see some sponsorship deals with oil companies happening soon!!
Probably doubled his salary but is 140k really that huge in epl these days ?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Solid signing for them. I think Howe took him on loan when he was at Burnley so he knows the player too.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

That'd be around top 10-15 at Chelsea but I can't imagine many clubs outside the top 7-8 clubs having any players on that amount.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
7.5m isn't bad but I don't trust that report though. Why would a player move out of Laliga champion club to a relegation club , if not for money?
Would he have gotten that much at United if that move had happened? How much is he even on in Madrid?

Brophs

The One and Only
He wanted to move back to England and he's probably gotten a massive last big contract out of it, too. It's not hard to see why he'd make the choice.

bond19821982

Would he have gotten that much at United if that move had happened? How much is he even on in Madrid?
Easily. We are playing AWB close to 100k . We would have definitely given him 100-120k.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Why would he move to a club in a relegation scrap
I would be shocked if there is isn't a some type of relegation clause that gives him an option to leave.
If they sign six new players I don't expect them to be relegated though.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
12m? Weren’t we being quoted 40 in the summer?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
12m? Weren’t we being quoted 40 in the summer?
Got to look after the FFP. Expect half the clubs Newcastle buy from for under market value to have nice cushy sponsorship deals with Aramco next year.

tomaldinho1

I think it’ll be a lot easier for Newcastle than it was for City given the huge fan base and St. James has a massive waiting list for season tickets. FFP cares about income which Ashley, for all his faults, made sure was absolutely flying at peak efficiency.

Who knows, they might not even have to cheat…who am I kidding, watch as a load of shell companies now sponsor the hell out of them.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I fully expect them to swallow a season of Championship football and not bother strengthening in January.

Buy players from the bottom half of the Prem/top of the Championship to get them up next season.

Splash out on big names that aren't starting at their clubs in the summer before their next Prem season.

ROFLUTION

I think it’ll be a lot easier for Newcastle than it was for City given the huge fan base and St. James has a massive waiting list for season tickets. FFP cares about income which Ashley, for all his faults, made sure was absolutely flying at peak efficiency.

Who knows, they might not even have to cheat…who am I kidding, watch as a load of shell companies now sponsor the hell out of them.
Could do it by just paying big part of the wages in bitcoins probably. Then it's all just about the price of the player, to get around FFP.

Either way, they'll be City on steroids. Yes, steroids on top of steroids.

padzilla

Hipster
Looks like Trippier is the first weasel to take the Geordie cash.
Leaving CL football and Madrid behind for cold hard cash and a relegation battle.
Glad we never signed him if that's the sort of him.
Modern football is becoming harder and harder to like

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Trippier will have relegation get out clause in his deal.

You'd probably have gone for him if OGS was still there. Surprised Everton didn't have a look either.

Champ

:lol:
They were certainly running close to a profit even during the pandemic were Newcastle, but alot of that was down to their frugality under Ashley.
With the saving over and no new income, then it only leaves so much wriggle room!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Trippier will have relegation get out clause in his deal.

You'd probably have gone for him if OGS was still there. Surprised Everton didn't have a look either.
We have just signed a young RB from Rangers.

slyadams

Looks like Trippier is the first weasel to take the Geordie cash.
Leaving CL football and Madrid behind for cold hard cash and a relegation battle.
Glad we never signed him if that's the sort of him.
Modern football is becoming harder and harder to like
I think this is a very silly take. He’s 31 years old and nearly out of contract. This contract will probably earn him more than the rest of his career combined and take him through to retirement.

I’m sure you’d work for a company you wanted to leave for half the salary of a competitor.

padzilla

Hipster
I think this is a very silly take. He’s 31 years old and nearly out of contract. This contract will probably earn him more than the rest of his career combined and take him through to retirement.

I’m sure you’d work for a company you wanted to leave for half the salary of a competitor.
Yes no doubt he was on minimum wage at Atletico Madrid, silly me.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

I might be wrong on this but I’m sure I heard Trippers family are all based in the North West of England. So a move to Newcastle makes some sense (providing man united don’t go in for him).

slyadams

Yes no doubt he was on minimum wage at Atletico Madrid, silly me.
Ok, I assume you’ll stay at your current employer regardless of other offers. Of course you wouldn’t.

I don’t know why people treat footballers so differently to everyone else. Music stars will move labels even if they’re well paid. Actors will ask for raises for sequels. I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t seriously consider moving employers for a better offer.

We don’t know what is happening in peoples lives. I remember people slaughtering Oscar for going to China but most didn’t know he had a massive extended family living in abject poverty. He gave up “glory” to make sure they would all be taken care of for generations and that was more important to him than winning trophies.