Who will be the next out of Juventus, Bayern, PSG and Celtic to fail to win their league? Poll added

Which of these teams will fail to win their domestic league first?

• Bayern Munich

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Celtic

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Juventus

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Paris Saint-Germain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
In fairness, Rangers and Inter, player for player, are better than Celtic and Juventus respectively. Take a look at their squads. Lille or Monaco beating PSG would be a seismic shock though. Tuchel and Poch should be ashamed of themselves if that happens. A close to Billion pound squad against squads built for less than £100m.
The Lille thing is baffling. They're not even very good. Ajax comfortably played them off the park in the EL twice. And Im not saying Ajax are bad, but Mbappe alone costs more than the entire city of Amsterdam.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The Lille thing is baffling. They're not even very good. Ajax comfortably played them off the park in the EL twice. And Im not saying Ajax are bad, but Mbappe alone costs more than the entire city of Amsterdam.
Comparing teams like that isn't always that useful. Domestic vs EL/CL are two different beasts entirely. Gladbach were another example of this, when they advanced from their group of death while struggling against their domestic competition.
Then apparently you have everything coming together at Lille, old man Burak Yilmaz scoring for fun even, and at PSG they didn't have a summer pre season and a ton of injuries/Corona cases at the start, Neymar barely played between injuries and getting suspended, maybe the players are more fussed about the CL and it has to be said: the squad really falls off when it comes to the supporting cast of their star players.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Comparing teams like that isn't always that useful. Domestic vs EL/CL are two different beasts entirely. Gladbach were another example of this, when they advanced from their group of death while struggling against their domestic competition.
Then apparently you have everything coming together at Lille, old man Burak Yilmaz scoring for fun even, and at PSG they didn't have a summer pre season and a ton of injuries/Corona cases at the start, Neymar barely played between injuries and getting suspended, maybe the players are more fussed about the CL and it has to be said: the squad really falls off when it comes to the supporting cast of their star players.
Yeah fair enough, but it's usually the other way around. An average league team going far in a cup, not the other way around.

Burak Yilmaz is indeed crazy this year. Also scored a hattrick against us in the world cup qualifiers last month. Crazy stuff.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
True but this is why some people, such as myself, say PSG aren't that good because they're flaky. No way should they not be winning Ligue 1 at a canter.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
See, you needing someone that knew about Scottish football telling you last year that there was no way Rangers were going to let Celtic dominate.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
True but this is why some people, such as myself, say PSG aren't that good because they're flaky. No way should they not be winning Ligue 1 at a canter.
Yes, but people also say that their squad isn't top aside from Mbappe,Neymar, and Verrati...so what's the deal here?
They are flaky but seems like their squad as a whole isn't top, so why should they be winning comfortably every match.
You need more than just 2 top players to win trophies, especially CL and WC...which is why Cristiano is unable to win WC with Portugal, their squad looked very meh when Cristiano was at his peak, now they have a better squad than 10-8 years ago but Cristiano is now old, they probably gonna perform better at WC when Cristiano is gone but with an actual better squad.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yes, but people also say that their squad isn't top aside from Mbappe,Neymar, and Verrati...so what's the deal here?
They are flaky but seems like their squad as a whole isn't top, so why should they be winning comfortably every match.
You need more than just 2 top players to win trophies, especially CL and WC...which is why Cristiano is unable to win WC with Portugal, their squad looked very meh when Cristiano was at his peak, now they have a better squad than 10-8 years ago but Cristiano is now old, they probably gonna perform better at WC when Cristiano is gone but with an actual better squad.
That would be a false assessment. They have Navas, Marquinhos, Di Maria, Icardi who are superior to what their rivals in France have for sure.

He'sRaldo

This season all of Juventus, Real, Barcelona, Celtic, Benfica, and Porto have failed to win their leagues. By this time tomorrow PSG could be added to the list.

Safe to say besides Bayern, it's been the season of the underdog.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This season all of Juventus, Real, Barcelona, Celtic, Benfica, and Porto have failed to win their leagues. By this time tomorrow PSG could be added to the list.

Safe to say besides Bayern, it's been the season of the underdog.
This is why I wonder how much the Virus had a role to play in the results.

I personally dont believe that this Man City team was that great to potentially go end up winning the CL - it was because a lot of teams were just not the usual standard. It doesn’t surprise me that Pep’s first CL win with all the money he has is still potentially in a season where the world is dealt by the blow of a pandemic.

You could see it across the leagues. Teams are not so high standard.

However, it’s not really City’s fault either - they just dealt with the card that was given and ended up in the final. The same goes with Chelsea who surely won’t be looked at as the best team in the world for winning the CL, they just got there due to a mix of high first season manager motivation and some matches where the opponents were either not great as usual or capable - from Porto’s to a Real Madrid that couldn’t even win their league and beat simpler teams etc.

el3mel

I personally dont believe that this Man City team was that great to potentially go end up winning the CL - it was because a lot of teams were just not the usual standard. It doesn’t surprise me that Pep’s first CL win with all the money he has is still potentially in a season where the world is dealt by the blow of a pandemic.

However, it’s not really City’s fault either - they just dealt with the card that was given and ended up in the final. The same goes with Chelsea who surely won’t be looked at as the best team in the world for winning the CL, they just got there due to a mix of high first season manager motivation and some matches where the opponents were either not great as usual or capable - from Porto’s to a Real Madrid that couldn’t even win their league and beat simpler teams etc.
Most teams didn't prepare well for this season, even City included. There was mostly no pre season for any team, so the majority struggled for fitness issues.

City's CL run also has nothing to do with it. They just had a mostly pretty favorable draws in 16th and QF rounds and they were heads and shoulders better than PSG in the semis.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Football doesn’t work like this. There was no pandemic the last time Chelsea won the CL either, yet nobody would have called them the best in the world then either. You don’t have to be the best team in the world to win the CL!

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I personally dont believe that this Man City team was that great to potentially go end up winning the CL - it was because a lot of teams were just not the usual standard.
Usually when clubs have these periods of strenght in their domestic league, it translates to playing some CL finals. Bayern, Inter, PSG, Juventus, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal...

City have been pretty strong domestically. The weird thing would be if they couldn't turn 3 league titles out of 5 into at least one CL final appearance.

The same goes with Chelsea who surely won’t be looked at as the best team in the world for winning the CL, they just got there due to a mix of high first season manager motivation and some matches where the opponents were either not great as usual or capable - from Porto’s to a Real Madrid that couldn’t even win their league and beat simpler teams etc.
This is a pretty baffling bit of criticism. Real Madrid were two points off top in La Liga. In terms of performance, only a small percentage separated them from the league champions.... who were Atletico, who Chelsea also beat. You could just as easily argue "Chelsea had to beat the top two contenders of La Liga to get to the final."

He'sRaldo

No doubt it did.

PSG now as well have failed to win their league. When was the last time all of Juventus, PSG, Real, Barcelona, Porto, Benfica, and Celtic failed to win the league in the same season? Must be decades back.

But no doubt incompetence of managers was also a significant factor. Pirlo, Lennon, and Koeman are all mediocre managers for the clubs they manage, and that played a big part in the results.

Paul_Scholes18

It was maybe our chance to beat City then due to Covid.

Before the season I did feel that City was there to be beaten and 86 points is not insane.

Could see them raise the level next season with Kane, KDB(fit), Foden improving and Dias/Stones partnership from the start.

If they do then I can't see us being good enough unless we bring in a top manager and some top class players,

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Nice to see some different winners in the big leagues this season. Funny how it has all happened in the same season.

Serie A - Inter Milan ends Juventus dominance.
Ligue 1 - Lille ends PSGs dominance.
La Liga - Atletico ends Barcelona and Real Madrids dominance.

Just need someone to end Bayern Munichs run in the Bundesliga.

Paul_Scholes18

Nice to see some different winners in the big leagues this season. Funny how it has all happened in the same season.

Serie A - Inter Milan ends Juventus dominance.
Ligue 1 - Lille ends PSGs dominance.
La Liga - Atletico ends Barcelona and Real Madrids dominance.

Just need someone to end Bayern Munichs run in the Bundesliga.
Yeah I think Inter was not an upset. They have a great squad and a better manager than Juventus. Juventus main factor is Ronaldo, but he is getting old. A tight battle most expected.
Lille was a huge upset for sure.

I think Atletico have been fighting high up the table and with Suarez they had potential for more. Both Barca and Real had problems, but you would still probably think a Messi in form would win it for Barca. Real madrid had a really poor year though, but almost won it anyway.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
When was the last time none of Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo won a League title?