Who will be the surprise inclusion in the team?

Newtonius

Given the state of the squad you would have to assume Amad/Garnacho, Hannibal, Garner and Tuanzebe right? Would have thought Henderson as well but apparently not.

Bogga

McTomipoop... read that Newcastle were interested but ten Hag wanted him as he was crucial to the team. Which means ten Hags goal is to survive relegation

redom

Garnacho i think. Not that he will be a starter every match but i think he will play more than expected.
His work rate, pace and eye for goal could make him an interesting option in numerous games, though a lot will depend on the form of those in front of him, if the likes of Sancho and Rashford can find form then he might be quite limited in the minutes he gets.

Bogga

12 years old?
I wish I was... I call Pogba Poobag as well... I'm sadly an old fart with childish humor

EDIT: Whenever me and my friends/family see the lineup we say his name (McT) like that because we're fed up with seeing him in the lineup and his shitty perfomances. I know it's childish, but that what it's become for us...

Last edited:

BootsyCollins

His work rate, pace and eye for goal could make him an interesting option in numerous games, though a lot will depend on the form of those in front of him, if the likes of Sancho and Rashford can find form then he might be quite limited in the minutes he gets.
True, but i also think he could rotate some with Ronaldo. Before Haller Ten Haag was quite exprimental with his nr.9

Mihai

I wish I was... I call Pogba Poobag as well... I'm sadly an old fart with childish humor

EDIT: Whenever me and my friends/family see the lineup we say his name (McT) like that because we're fed up with seeing him in the lineup and his shitty perfomances. I know it's childish, but that what it's become for us...
This is quite sad, tbh

Green_Red

Not a 'surprise' but I do agree that Ten Hag will like him more than we expect. When in form, he has everything that Ten Hag seems to like in a defender.

As for a surprise, I think Martial will stay and get more games than people expect.
You mean when he's protected by two deep lying midfielders in a defensive system that uses pacey counter attackers. Which by all accounts is not how ETH sets his teams up.

Maguire will play because we don't have the money to buy a replacement.

DickDastardly

Donny would be an educated guess.

Knows him, probably even knows how to utilize him best.

Out of the youngsters....somewhere where we lack quality - RB or CB.

Jurado or Mengi.

Bogga

This is quite sad, tbh
What's sad is that we had to see him playing week in and week out... he's not good enough to play for Scotland, but somehow good enough to start every game for us ahead of promising youngsters and Matic :confused:

I'm gonna try to be more serious about the surprise inclusion though... I'm hoping that Garnacho is going to have a breakthrough and get more time than we thought he'd get, hence the "surprice inclusion"

wolvored

Sancho. Second season and coached properly with Malacia behind him, will be a different player.

Crashoutcassius

well the list of players most people wierdly assumed would be sold include maguire, AWB, DDG, mctominay, rashford, martial so i'd say these guys are in for a shock every week

RedDevil@84

I was thinking that Ten Hag is bound to be impressed by someone who we're not necessarily expecting, as have previous managers. Mourinho with McTominay, Elanga and Ralf.

Who could be a candidate to get a surprise inclusion in the squad next year?
Lindelof. The whole reason why ETH wanted to join us.

C'est Moi Cantona

Well it'll be Martial, who is the only player currently not facing a court case that has the talent to stand in for Ronaldo (who might still leave).

FatTails

One of the young fullbacks. Our selection of Shaw, Telles, AWB, and Dalot is miserable.

lex talionis

It's hard to predict surprises, but if the question is who has been shite in 21/22 but will prove to be cream in 22/23 I'd say Maguire. Harry just isn't as bad a footballer as he was in 21/22 and I'm confident will restore to some modicum of decency, especially after Ronaldo takes the armband.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think McTominay will start more games than most people will like next season. Functionally he seems the best fit to partner Frenkie. Maguire being a starter shouldn't surprise anyone, Rashford I think will be in decent form again and a valuable squad player though not necessarily an instant starter.

UnitedFire

...dare I say it...Greenwood?!

Surely the bail can't keep being extended for ever more! What more evidence can there be in a simple relationship domestic matter. The intern must be making their way through the thousands of messages by now!

Note: Please no commenting on specifics, as this is an ongoing case.

Anyway..the title says surprise and Greenwood certainly would be.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
What about that Charlie McNeill we need a centre forward.

Deery

Dreary
...dare I say it...Greenwood?!

Surely the bail can't keep being extended for ever more! What more evidence can there be in a simple relationship domestic matter. The intern must be making their way through the thousands of messages by now!

Anyway..the title says surprise and Greenwood certainly would be.
You’re going to get pelters for that.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
McTominay. Could feature next to Frenkie as CM or as a CB.

Donny or Rashford are decent shouts as well.

Glorio

The trio of Pellistri /Hannibal /Amad may get a lot more minutes than anticipated