Who will be United's big signing this summer?

bcubed

Endeavouring to persevere in observation of all th
What does it matter? We could sign Neymar, Griezmann, Bale and SMS, but by the time Jose has removed any attacking instinct they ever had (i'm sure he fines the players for passing the ball forwards), we'd still be 20 points behind the massives. So depressed at the football being offered up, I just hope Carrick and McKenna can swim against the tide (I'm talking Tsunami) :confused::confused::confused:

Long Ball

Echo afew earlier posts that we won't make a big money signing this summer, I think Jose will make a couple more signings in the 40-50mil bracket.

If anyone it would have been SMS, some tout bale but with a new manager he'll stay put. Griezemann ship has sailed too I think

JMack1234

I still think we'll get Bale.

Lopetegui taking over at Real is known to be a huge fan of Asensio and Isco. Plus if Martial leaves we'll be in for a forward.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I still think we'll get Bale.

Lopetegui taking over at Real is known to be a huge fan of Asensio and Isco. Plus if Martial leaves we'll be in for a forward.
I can't see it. He doesn't sound keen on leaving and Madrid doubt want to sell. They'll just set a price that unfeasible for us. I think we'd have better luck using Martial to lure another attacker.
The funny thing is I thought we needed a couple of attackers before Martial did his thing. I don't think bringing one in is enough.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don't get with United fans begging for Bale. He's never played for us, not so young and notoriously injury prone, coming with big wage (about 1m per wk, if we want to match his current wage), less hunger for trophy (has won 3 CL in a row), and has been numerously rejecting us.

BlueHaze

I don't get with United fans begging for Bale. He's never played for us, not so young and injury prone, coming with big wage (about 1m per wk, if we want to match his current wage), and has been numerously rejecting us.
Its split into 2 groups, the people who have their kleenex ready for his arrival, and the people like me who wants him feck near our club.

peridigm

I don't get with United fans begging for Bale. He's never played for us, not so young and notoriously injury prone, coming with big wage (about 1m per wk, if we want to match his current wage), less hunger for trophy (has won 3 CL in a row), and has been numerously rejecting us.
He’s not making 1m/wk.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Its split into 2 groups, the people who have their kleenex ready for his arrival, and the people like me who wants him feck near our club.
I hear you, bro. We basically pay premium for Madrid's bench.

jesperjaap

Try and entice Dybala with Martial would be my best way of getting out of a shit situation
Definately, with Fellaini/Carrick off the wage bill another £50m incoming possibly for Blind, Darmian and Rojo if we offered Martial + £50m we would have attained 3 quality players for a net outlay of only £20m odd and not really affected the wages outlay either much I would have thought.
That would surely allow us to still sort out the defence and maybe even add another midfielder, especially if a couple of others such as Mata for example were sold.....we can but dream, he seems to me happy at Juve

Fer

Try and entice Dybala with Martial would be my best way of getting out of a shit situation
It would be great, but it seems that Dybala is happy at Juventus and he wants to stay. I can see him going to Spain next year.

el3mel

Looks like it's Bale or no one. Maybe we will focus on functioning signings this season as we need a lot and will have to save money instead of throwing 100m on one player.

Neo_Mufc

I don't want us to sign Bale. We should have taken a punt on him way long ago as a replacement for Giggs. It would have been low risk and the benefits we would have reaped would have been huge.

We will inherit a player who is injury prone, expensive. We may get an excellent season out of him but I'd rather we focus our efforts elsewhere.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I don't want us to sign Bale. We should have taken a punt on him way long ago as a replacement for Giggs. It would have been low risk and the benefits we would have reaped would have been huge.

We will inherit a player who is injury prone, expensive. We may get an excellent season out of him but I'd rather we focus our efforts elsewhere.
Would you have said no to Van Persie?

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
We need a tier 1 superstar in attack desperately.

All the top teams have a couple.

I can’t see many that are attainable though.

Neo_Mufc

Would you have said no to Van Persie?
For the figures quoted yes I would have said no.

£24 million for the premier leagues best striker at the time was a no brainer.

Edit: Does he really want to come to Man Utd? He's had some injuries but his aspirations of becoming the worlds best player has not materialised in that Real Madrid team. Ronaldo is and always will be no.1 till he leaves the club.

Fer

We need a tier 1 superstar in attack desperately.

All the top teams have a couple.

I can’t see many that are attainable though.
We signed Sanchez as our big star. Unfortunately, he has not been as good as we expected... I would be happy if we sign Mahrez instead of spending more than 100m in a superstar. With the money left, we could go for a young player like Lenglet, Tierney or Neves.

beingshe7don

I think the Bale saga will continue till the end of the window and we may just nick him. I also have a feeling that we may get Golovin. We do not have a quality No. 10 and Jose spoke pretty highly of him and him learning to speak English also is a good indication that he's going to move to the PL. I think we were sort of scouting him when we faced him in the Champions League. I'm convinced we won't get Milinkovic-Savic... He's way too expensive and I don't think he'll come here.