Who will be United's big signing this summer?

TehRed

I can see us being "seriously" linked to Dybala, Griezmann and Bale all summer.

We'll not get any of them, probably.

koop

Bale could be a valuable asset for United, he would probably be your best player (yes, even better than Pogba) when fit.

His hamstrings have taken a leaf out of Kompany’s book though.
No one denies he could be a valuable asset, that's only dependant on if he stays fit. Looking at this track record it doesn't look promising.
If you turned around to me and said Bale will stay fit I would be completely happy for him to come over to UTD, but no one can promise that and history shows he's injury prone therefore will most likely be a waste of valuable money.

Last edited:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think we'll spend 200-250m and buy 4 players.

Out: Fellaini (free), Carrick(retires) and Mkhi (20m-25m)
In: Bale(60m) and Griezmann (100m), Rose (40m)/Sandro (50m) and rest on a CM (maybe Jorginho) or a CAM (Ozil -free)

We extend contracts of Blind, Mata, Herrera, Shaw. Pereira comes back

Acole9

Outstanding
I think it will be Bale, Griezmann will go to Barcelona.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Harry Kane

It will be a statement signing, getting the best striker in English football, and he will leave because he knows hes outgrown Spurs now.
Would cost more than Neymar to pull of.

Would probably be worth it though over the next ten years.

We'd never do it though. We just do not try ballsy signings like that.

RikRuud

I think the Griezmann deal is already done. When Mourinho stated he thinks we will pay a lot of money for another player next summer he could be referring to releasing the fee already agreed between the 2 clubs.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Need a proper winger who can cross the ball well.
Not sure this is the game anymore. A proper full-back who can cross is more important, ‘crossing’ isn’t the priority for forward players now. Benjamin Mendy can outcross any winger out there anyway.

Saad138

Bale to Utd is not happening. You people really think Utd are that stupid to pay huge money for an injury prone player ? He's not even playing that well. His best season at Real was his first one. Dial down on the negativity. It's really disrespectful sometimes. Some people are worse than Arsenal fans here and they have a right to be negative.

Going to fund Real's forward transfer. Yeah right. When did that ever happen ?

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Do you honestly think our board are that stupid? Not trying to start an argument; genuinely asking.
I really hope not, but we have been linked with him for so long, including making a world-record offer to sign him under Moyes despite Bale himself never expressing even the slightest bit of respect for us when the media ask him about those links, which makes me fear the links originate with us. I really don’t want him here, but I fear that those who matter at the club won’t agree if we get the chance to sign him.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I can see us being "seriously" linked to Dybala, Griezmann and Bale all summer.

We'll not get any of them, probably.
This.

I think the Griezmann deal is already done. When Mourinho stated he thinks we will pay a lot of money for another player next summer he could be referring to releasing the fee already agreed between the 2 clubs.
It looks like Barca may make a move though. If they do, it seems pretty clear he favours a move there.

I think so too
I don’t think that the board would be willing to pay the £50-60m a year salary.

Bale to Utd is not happening. You people really think Utd are that stupid to pay huge money for an injury prone player ? He's not even playing that well. His best season at Real was his first one. Dial down on the negativity. It's really disrespectful sometimes. Some people are worse than Arsenal fans here and they have a right to be negative.

Going to fund Real's forward transfer. Yeah right. When did that ever happen ?
I think it’s entirely possible that we do out of desperation.

Devil may care

Not sure this is the game anymore. A proper full-back who can cross is more important, ‘crossing’ isn’t the priority for forward players now. Benjamin Mendy can outcross any winger out there anyway.
This longing for "Chalk on the boots" crossing wingers seems to be singular to United fans, everyone else seems to have moved on to accepting wide forwards and fullbacks as the attacking width.

davidmichael

Really think Bale will happen this summer even though in a 4-3-3 I’d much rather Dybala, I can see Real bringing in Hazard and Icardi which will probably cost them £200+ million and they’re meant to also want Courtoius and Kepa too so they could be spending £300-£350 million this summer and will need to make room so Bale will be the one moved on with Asensio and Isco already there to play Bale’s role on the right but I think Real would take £50 million just to offload Bale.

I think Ozil is definitely happening which even on a free is still a big signing seeing as on his day and in the right set up is a world class player and adds a different dimension to what we have, also think we’ll still sign a top left back regardless of Shaw’s stock rising again as Jose won’t want to put a whole season on Shaw so Sandro is likely if we can fend off Chelsea.

Definitely need an upgrade on Herrera so could try for Kroos who may be available if Real do a fire sale like they did a few years back and with them struggling in the league a fire sale is very possible, I guess Savic is more likely and we’ve been continuously linked with him so could be Savic as our new midfielder.

So from that it could easily be Bale, Ozil, Sandro and Savic which are all in reality big signings and could cost a combined £200 million which in today’s market would be seen as amazing business IF Bale isn’t injured half the time. If Dybala could be got though I really think we should go after him over Bale though and by offloading Johnstone, Darmian, a centre back, Borthwick-Jackson, Blind, Fellaini, Mkhitaryan, Zlatan and Wilson as well as Carrick retiring we could raise the difference between Bale and Dybala.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Maybe a tad early but it's looking unlikely that we will do any January business, and it's based directly off Jose's quote.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...lans-for-2018-discussed-by-jose-mourinho.aspx

"My club, two years ago, paid a lot of money for Paul [Pogba]. Last year, they paid a lot of money for Lukaku and I'm sure, next year, they are also going to pay a lot of money for one player."

The liklihood is the player will be a forward and one that is marketable, which narrows the options a bit. I'm hoping for Dybala but I just can't convince myself and I'm not sure we'll spend the kind of money Barca have. I still think Griezmann could happen as his buyout is closer to the price we've paid for our "marquee" signing the last 2 summers, but I don't think he's what we need. My biggest worry is that we'll be the mugs to fund Real's frontline rebuild by taking Bale off their hands. If Spurs finish outside the top 4 Eriksen could be a possibility.

Poll please? @Damien
Ronaldo!

Or Bale.

deafepl

Maybe a tad early but it's looking unlikely that we will do any January business, and it's based directly off Jose's quote.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...lans-for-2018-discussed-by-jose-mourinho.aspx

"My club, two years ago, paid a lot of money for Paul [Pogba]. Last year, they paid a lot of money for Lukaku and I'm sure, next year, they are also going to pay a lot of money for one player."

The liklihood is the player will be a forward and one that is marketable, which narrows the options a bit. I'm hoping for Dybala but I just can't convince myself and I'm not sure we'll spend the kind of money Barca have. I still think Griezmann could happen as his buyout is closer to the price we've paid for our "marquee" signing the last 2 summers, but I don't think he's what we need. My biggest worry is that we'll be the mugs to fund Real's frontline rebuild by taking Bale off their hands. If Spurs finish outside the top 4 Eriksen could be a possibility.

Poll please? @Damien

It is likely that United is only interested in who can play on the right, not central or left. Marketable, expensive signing, forward and play on right - Griezmann, Dybala and Bale.

wolvored

It could even be a defender or two. Sideshow Bob keeps getting mentioned, and Mou loves Verane

Slimcharles69

Supports
MK Dons
It’s probably going to be Bale which will fund Hazard to Madrid.

G27

Probably Gareth Bale. I bet we'll pay way to much as well. £100 mill ++. It's a huge risk when you consider Bales injury problems. However he is definitely a great player and I can see him do great things for us when he is injury free. But would he want to leave Real Madrid?

angusaa07

All depends on the system. I would like us to change to a 4-3-3 system which I think would suit pogba, martial, rashford etc. But mourinho loves 4-2-3-1, so I think a proper no. 10 and a right winger. In which I'd go with dybala he's just top quality. Mahrez would be ideal for me on the right proven premier league player very direct probably get him for a decent price.

Last edited by a moderator:

red4ever 79

Think our marquee signing will be Toni Kroos. Why not.... He knows Mourinho, we need a cm.. As valid a guess as any others

United Pro

Think our marquee signing will be Toni Kroos. Why not.... He knows Mourinho, we need a cm.. As valid a guess as any others
It'd make little sense for Madrid to sell Kroos. He's one of their best players and they simply won't be able to replace him.

red4ever 79

It'd make little sense for Madrid to sell Kroos. He's one of their best players and they simply won't be able to replace him.
I know it's far fetched. Not many marquee players attainable at the moment. For sure we will target cm in the summer, hopefully along with RW and a striker

buckooo1978

Kane would be a nailed on great signing for 150- 200 million given his age

it's an area where we are well stocked for top young talent and potential

should have threw the house at Spurs last summer instead of Lukaku

red4ever 79

Kane would be a nailed on great signing for 150- 200 million given his age

it's an area where we are well stocked for top young talent and potential

should have threw the house at Spurs last summer instead of Lukaku
Gone are the days where we could muscle in on Spurs best player. I mean that in the sense that there is now Chelsea and City to compete with financially. I am sure they would both want him as well. Cracking player.

Eire Red United

I'd love to sign Kane but he's gonna cost more than Neymar if he leaves this summer. Wouldn't mind Griezmann, but would prefer Dybala who does look unlikely to want to come here. Hope we stay away from Bale at least, his best days are behind him and he's always injured.

Eire Red United

Gone are the days where we could muscle in on Spurs best player. I mean that in the sense that there is now Chelsea and City to compete with financially. I am sure they would both want him as well. Cracking player.
If we had bid £100m, pre Neymar I'd say we'd have got him. Now, with the inflated market plus Kane's form it would take double that for Levy to even take notice I'd say.

Coops73

Hopefully the big summer signing will be someone who is ideal for the team and not for the marketing.

OverratedOpinion

I suppose if I had to bet I'd say Griezmann, I think Bale is going to be one of those that is perpetually linked to us until he moves somewhere else. I don't think he'd be a bad signing for the right price but I doubt we'd take that gamble. I am beginning to hope we don't sign an attacking midfielder and persist with Lingard, replacing him for a bigger name despite his form sends a terrible message to young players.