Who will finally defeat Zidane's Real Madrid?

Aboutreika18

40 games unbeaten now, it's been a fantastic run that has seen them go to places like the Nou Camp, the Vicente Calderon and of course the world famous Etihad stadium and come away without defeat.

Zidane's instilled some real grit and determination in this Real team. They're not as dominant as Guardiola's Barca was but they look more unbeatable, IMO, just based on their mentality and the way they approach the late stages of matches.

Could they be the first team to retain the Champions League? If they are knocked out, it'll probably be on away goals at this rate.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
They could get done over 2 legs of the CL, or against Barca in the league later in the season or Atletico.

No team is unbeatable and I doubt they'll make it to 50 games, you just need one penalty decision against you or one lapse of concentration and it's game over.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Always thought that if there was a club going to retain the CL it'd be Real. This Real side under Zidane is looking very strong indeed.

wr8_utd

:'(
If not Sevilla at the weekend then probably no one for a while unless they go away to Barca in the Cup. Their draw to the CL finals will be full of minnows so they're safe there as well.

wr8_utd

:'(
They could get done over 2 legs of the CL, or against Barca in the league later in the season or Atletico.

No team is unbeatable and I doubt they'll make it to 50 games, you just need one penalty decision against you or one lapse of concentration and it's game over.
This thread is about Real Madrid.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Against Juventus in the quarter finals of the CL.

Aboutreika18

Despite their great mentality, I do think their defence will bite them in the backside at some point this season.

They've only kept 8 clean sheets in close to 30 matches so far this season and none of them in the Champions League.

MounchesterUtd

Real already brushed them aside 3-0 at the Calderon earlier this season.

Plus Atleti are in a transition season and don't look anywhere near as defensively solid as they've been in the last 2-3 seasons.
That's why I think they'll be back with a vengeance, but you're right about everything else

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
That's why I think they'll be back with a vengeance, but you're right about everything else
People forget too that football is about 11 human beings against another 11 human beings.

You only need 4 of them to have a really rotten game and the other 11 to be up for the tie and want to win every 50/50, a game can be over after the first half before the other team can get their heads together.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Jammiest manager in football history. Like Di Matteo on steroids.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Atletico's record at the bernabeu in the last 3 years is pretty good. 3W 1D 2L IIRC

cyberman

Is it just me who isn't that Impressed with this side? They just lack a certain x factor that grabs my attention.
They mave have this fantastic run but their CL side under Ancelotti was bette

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Is it just me who isn't that Impressed with this side? They just lack a certain x factor that grabs my attention.
Barca and Atleti are both under-performing this year. You aren't the only one that isn't impressed.

Barcelona without Messi right now is like United without De Gea a few years ago, Atletico are not the same as the last few years, I think Real Madrid haven't really improved, other teams have declined.

AndyJ1985

They are very strong, but they aren't on the same level as Barca when they are at their best. When on form MSN will still give Real a good hiding.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Real Madrid was immense in 2014. That 3-4 win was probably one of our biggest fluke win in recent memory. Benzene should have scored about 5 in the first half alone. Di Maria destroyed us down our left hand side. They smashed Bayern 0-4 at the Allianz which is almost unheard of, and steamrolled Atletico in the final (Atletico created nothing apart from one scrappy goal). They then went on a lengthy winning streak and battered us 3-1 later in the year.

tomaldinho1

They are very strong, but they aren't on the same level as Barca when they are at their best. When on form MSN will still give Real a good hiding.
I think the pendulum is swinging slightly, MSN looking a bit jaded this season compared to their lofty previous form. Also 'when on form' argument works both ways.

Yagami

Good post resistant
we'll lose to sevilla on sunday
As great as that'd be, and as good as Sevilla have been this season, I can't see that happening. I feel Sevilla leave themselves too open when pressing and Madrid will exploit that.

Needham

Don't know who it will be, but it will be a crisis when it happens.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
If not Sevilla at the weekend then probably no one for a while unless they go away to Barca in the Cup. Their draw to the CL finals will be full of minnows so they're safe there as well.
Basically this.

Today they barely escaped alive and Sevilla "started" 3 goals down.

Is hard to win in the Pizjuan, is even harder to not lose in 2 games at this stadium, and something that seems no one knows right now is that Sevilla are ahead of Barcelona, beating Real will put them 1 point behind Real (Real a match behind, tho). If they manage to win again this weekend the run can easily be extended another 8 or 10 games more

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Sevilla was very close to do that today and our next game is against them as well so they're going to have another shout at their stadium again. Overall I seems it could end soon but I don't know although I would prefer to lose against one of the lowest teams in the table rather than Barcelona or Atlético, or in UCL for that matter.

Real Sociedad could also do the trick as they have defeated Atlético de Madrid and should have won Barcelona (they stilled trashed them playing their own style). It would be sweet if we manage 50 games unbeaten andI might be wrong but I think Zidane has only lost 2 games so far since he is in charge.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They've scraped through a lot of games. Have they been absolutely brilliant, or good with the right mentality to get late goals? Their CL route last season was a bit of a farse.

I do think Zidane has done a wonderful job. If anything they're less reliant on Ronaldo than ever before. They're 6 points clear in la Liga and Ronaldo hasn't even been that good. Now that's very very impressive.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
As great as that'd be, and as good as Sevilla have been this season, I can't see that happening. I feel Sevilla leave themselves too open when pressing and Madrid will exploit that.
They'll come at us like the bastard offsprings of a wolverine and a tasmanian devil. We won't cope with their energy

JoaquinJoaquin

I'm still not convinced that Zidane is this great manager people are making out. La Liga is a joke these days, It's back to 2 contenders (as much as I love to see Atleti being up there) and the other teams barring Sevilla possibly are a million miles away from Real and Barcelona. In fact i'd argue the standard of defending is worse in the league now then it has ever been, and this coming from someone who has watched La Liga religiously since 1999.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
40 games unbeaten now, it's been a fantastic run that has seen them go to places like the Nou Camp, the Vicente Calderon and of course the world famous Etihad stadium and come away without defeat.

Zidane's instilled some real grit and determination in this Real team. They're not as dominant as Guardiola's Barca was but they look more unbeatable, IMO, just based on their mentality and the way they approach the late stages of matches.

Could they be the first team to retain the Champions League? If they are knocked out, it'll probably be on away goals at this rate.
:lol: