Who will Mourinho sign for the Spurs?

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
We can get more money from Spurs than from Roma, in case Mourinho is interested in Smalling. If Toby and Vertonghen don't renew, he will be needing experienced CB.

ExecutionerWasp001

We should probably get the mocking in now, he's a fantastic manager, and if actually backed...
We backed him plenty & the best he could do was a Europa & League Cup & a distant 2nd place. Most of the players he bought have also turned out to be duds. We were lucky that we had money to buy more players to try & correct his mistakes. He will have (by his standards) a relative pittance to spend at Spurs & his mistakes in the market will be magnified.

Josep Dowling

We backed him plenty & the best he could do was a Europa & League Cup & a distant 2nd place. Most of the players he bought have also turned out to be duds. We were lucky that we had money to buy more players to try & correct his mistakes. He will have (by his standards) a relative pittance to spend at Spurs & his mistakes in the market will be magnified.
His signings for us:

Zlatan - class
Micky - dud and sold
Pogba - expensive dud, dressing room problem
Bailly - injured dud
Lindelof - dud
Lukaku - expensive dud and sold
Sanchez - expensve dud and sent out on loan
Matic - dud and we are running his contract down
Dalot - looks like an expensive dud for a teenager, paid £18m for a player who had played 7 first team games for Porto.
Fred - expensive dud

No wonder we are in a such a terrible position.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Some shocking ideas in this thread! Zlatan? Come on guys you can do better than that!

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I expect he’ll bring Fellaini back from China; maybe in the January window, though more likely the summer.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
What's the best ole can do?

Reynoldo

There should be a rule whereby if a player signed by an exmanager turns out to have played less than x number of times since the manager left then the player HAS to move to the new club of said manager :p

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
No one. Spurs just built a new stadium and is financially constrained.

DFreshKing

I wrote off the first pages as giddy early morning banter but it's getting a bit tired now surely. He hated our entire squad, the only sign of passion he had left here was when he slating them he has no intention of taking anyone from United deary me. The swine has probably took the fourth spot we 'could' have potentially improved too so it's a double blow i'm afraid. Everything he does now will be with a look in his eye - See it was you lot, not me....

davidmichael

If he takes Matic off of us and we get anything from £10 million upwards I’ll forgive Jose for a few things from his time with us, not all but a few.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Jumping in on the meme of Mourinho and tall players, Spurs are already quite big.

I remember a few seasons back when Wanyama scored against us from a set piece with Rooney marking him. People, including me were wondering why on earth Wayne was marking him. After looking into it I remember finding that while they didn't have any proper giants of 6'4+ they did have lots who were 6'0 or over. Still many of those players around now.

Just dug it out, the lineup that day was

Lloris (6'2)
T̶r̶i̶p̶p̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶(̶5̶'̶8̶)
Alderweireld (6'2)
Vertonghen (6'2)

Davies (5'11)
Dier (6'2)
Wanyama (6'2)
Eriksen (6'0)
Alli (6'2)
Son (6'0)
Kane (6'2)

We had De Gea, Smalling, Bailley, Tuanzebe and Carrick in the 6'0+ crew.

Heights according to wiki so shoot them, not me if they're wrong.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s going to absolutely love Son, and will make him even better (if that’s even possible).

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I don't really think he's going to have that big input on the transfers. Back at Porto and Inter he had limited input and things went well. Just because you're a good manager doesn't mean you're a good scout.
Very good point. Remember. He has been appointed as Chief Coach.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Will be a disgrace if Spurs give Mou the money they wouldn’t give Poch.
It wasn't a case of wouldn't - it was a case of couldn't …. not with the huge outlays involved on the new stadium and new training centre.

However, last summer we spent a fair wack on new players and think we'll do the same next summer - the January window is more problematic for all clubs.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
It wasn't a case of wouldn't - it was a case of couldn't …. not with the huge outlays involved on the new stadium and new training centre.

However, last summer we spent a fair wack on new players and think we'll do the same next summer - the January window is more problematic for all clubs.
Wait, Glaston is alive?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
No way he goes for Matic. It was one thing to go for him when he did but Matic isn't getting any younger. Matic's next move will likely be to a place like Italy, Turkey or MLS...Bale would be the one that I could see him going for, but Bale would have to take a significant pay cut or have a deal struck where Real Madrid is still paying for part of his wages...

mu4c_20le

Emre Can has been making noises about lack of playing time, I think Jose would go for him before Matic.

Eire Red United

I’d rather give Poch a big kitty than Jose to be honest. Be interesting to see what Poch does now, a year ago he was one of the hottest managers about and now he’s just been sacked after a run that has been more like relegation form than title challenging.