Who will win the Champions League this season?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Who do you think? Liverpool again? Maybe Pep will finally do it this time? or will Madrid with Zidane back or Barcelona triumph? Possibly Juventus, PSG or Dortmund?

Probably safe to say it will be one of these teams that will win it

Real Madrid
Barcelona
Liverpool
Man City
Juventus
Atletico Madrid
Tottenham
Chelsea
PSG
Dortmund
Bayern Munich

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I think Liverpool are favorites followed by City. Behind them are the Spanish teams followed by the smaller league bullies.

JustABall

If Laporte hadn't got injured, I would have gone for City. I can see them sacrificing the league in pursuit of it. It's what they need to really put themselves on the map.

PSG now have more grafters in the squad, so might be able to find a better balance in the big European games with Herrera and Gueye proving more workmanlike qualities. If Neymar can stay fit, they should be able to go far in it.

I think Barcelona will be in the final this season. The additions to the squad should give them an edge. And it's one of the last opportunities for the likes of Messi, Suárez, Piqué and Vidal to add another/1st CL to their collection.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
To be honest for the first time in a long time....I have no fecking clue. I think many teams have a chance now unlike a few years ago.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
As much as I'd like it to happen I can't see us getting to a third final in a row. I think league/WCC and other cups post xmas will detract our focus somewhere down the route.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Definitely not PSG, Spurs, Chelsea and Dortmund.

City are probably gonna collapse too, the rest have got a chance I think.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
The only thing that can stop this Barca squad from going all the way is our great Ernie Valverde.

Betson

Unfortunately can't see past Liverpool , they are easily the best side in Europe right now.

Halal Jalal

Juventus (ridiculous squad depth + CR7), City (ridiculous quality) or Liverpool (ridiculous quality). Honestly I'm not impressed by the Spanish giants anymore, Bayern have been sh*t for a while and PSG will choke like they always do. Don't think anyone else is even in contention.

minh_loc_xoay

Who do you think? Liverpool again? Maybe Pep will finally do it this time? or will Madrid with Zidane back or Barcelona triumph? Possibly Juventus, PSG or Dortmund?

Probably safe to say it will be one of these teams that will win it

Real Madrid
Barcelona
Liverpool
Man City
Juventus
Atletico Madrid
Tottenham
Chelsea
PSG
Dortmund
Bayern Munich
It pains me to say this but Liverpool is the heavy favorite. They have the best pair of fullbacks in the world, together with a potential GOAT central defender who may have surpassed the likes of Maldini and Baresi already. As Sir Alex said: "Attack wins you games, defence wins you titles". They may become the first English team to win back-to-back Champions League titles if they don't encounter some massive injury crisis.

If luck pulls it in their way and all their players stay injury-free, they may even become the first team to win the Champions League with all clean sheets. That's how highly I rate their defense.

Hughes35

It pains me to say this but Liverpool is the heavy favorite. They have the best pair of fullbacks in the world, together with a potential GOAT central defender who may have surpassed the likes of Maldini and Baresi already. As Sir Alex said: "Attack wins you games, defence wins you titles". They may become the first English team to win back-to-back Champions League titles if they don't encounter some massive injury crisis.

If luck pulls it in their way and all their players stay injury-free, they may even become the first team to win the Champions League with all clean sheets. That's how highly I rate their defense.
Oh my days. This is dreadful. Must be a WUM?

BlackShark_80

As good as Van Dijk is, Baresi and Maldini still above him.

Hughes35

I rate their defense highly. And if that is not the same as your opinion, then I am a WUM? :confused:
There is rating the defense highly (Which we all do) and then there is saying a player is greatest defender of all time after 1 good season and saying that a team will go a full champions league campaign without conceding a goal.

Raw

If Laporte hadn't got injured, I would have gone for City
He'll probably be back for the knockout stages. City's group is piss easy so they'll qualify without him.

I think I'll go with City winning the CL and Liverpool winning the PL. Just to add another season of utter misery to my memory.

RedDevilRoshi

Going for either Barcelona or Juventus. That would be some final!

Unfortunately Liverpool as well have a chance. Would have said City too but that Laporte injury is going to derail them.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
We've never lost a 2 legged knock out tie under Klopp. Played 10, won 10. That record can't continue surely so I don't think we'll win it this year. PSG have a good chance now that City aren't as strong having lost Laporte. Juventus will be a match for anyone and Madrid under Zidane know how to win the competition.
Basically, I haven't got a fecking clue but it's going to be a fun competition to watch this year

Bestietom

City will bring in a replacement for Laporte and possibly another midfielder in January, and will go on to win Champions League.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
If Pool's important players stay fit, I can imagine them defending it.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think City, because this will be their priority this season, Liverpool I believe will prioritize winning the Premier league, which I do think they will win this season..
I don't see Madrid getting anywhere near, nor PSG, and I don't think that Barcelona are what they were either and neither are Bayern.
Spurs could be worth a punt as a dark horse.

Josh 76

I think City, because this will be their priority this season, Liverpool I believe will prioritize winning the Premier league, which I do think they will win this season..
I don't see Madrid getting anywhere near, nor PSG, and I don't think that Barcelona are what they were either and neither are Bayern.
Spurs could be worth a punt as a dark horse.
Only fans talk about clubs prioritising certain competitions. Managers don't think like that. Do you think pep or klopp will pay a weekend team in the CL semi final if it meant 3 points in the PL a few days later?

I just hope that Liverpool dont open up a big gap in the PL and start resting players for the CL latter stages. Nightmare scenario!

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Only fans talk about clubs prioritising certain competitions. Managers don't think like that.
Yes they absolutely do, and it's a mentality that permeates through the club.

Bole Top

if I had to rank the favorites, it would look like this:

Liverpool, City
Atletico, Barcelona, Juve
PSG, Tottenham

Skills

Snitch
Liverpool will repeat

Nobody can beat them over 2 legs and they've got over their final hump.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would have said City, but the Laporte injury throws a bit of a spanner in the works. I'll go for Barca.

xtal191

Liverpool or City by far the best two teams in Europe unfortunately

Havak

Pokemon master
I think this year is a bit of a free-for-all.

At the moment, I'd edge toward Juventus as I think they are the probably the most 'improved' team in terms of how good I think their transfer business has been, but that isn't always the deciding factor (it probably even rarely is).

Man City could be facing a tough start to this campaign (by their high standards), but they will comfortably progress to the knockout rounds and then there's a good chance Laporte will be back when those games start in February.

Liverpool are a juggernaut but they're only ever one or two big injuries away from looking a bit short IMO - but, it doesn't seem to happen at the moment which is testament to their fitness levels and medical team (and maybe a dash of luck). They'll be in the mix, but we know how hard it is to retain the Champion's League, let alone get to two or three finals in a row. I think they will fall short, especially if they are still ahead in the title race come February, but it'd be stupid for anyone to write them off making a third consecutive final.

At the moment, I fancy Juventus or Man City to win the Champion's League, with Liverpool perhaps winning the Premier League and focusing slightly more on that competition (not through means of team selection, but just a mental effect on their players if they are in a strong PL position next year). I just think three finals in a row is a monumental ask, but maybe they'll do it.. Perhaps a surprising bit of amazing January business will get them that squad player who covers them well enough?

Juventus > Man City > Liverpool > Atletico