Who will win the Champions League this season?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Going to predict a reversal of last season. City to win the Champions League, Liverpool the Premier League.

I think there's a good chance that happens even though I don't like it at all.

sangria

Only fans talk about clubs prioritising certain competitions. Managers don't think like that. Do you think pep or klopp will pay a weekend team in the CL semi final if it meant 3 points in the PL a few days later?

I just hope that Liverpool dont open up a big gap in the PL and start resting players for the CL latter stages. Nightmare scenario!
I doubt he would. CL games take place mid week.

Amerifan

When Klopp has to choose players to rest, I think he saves his best for the PL. I think Pep will do the opposite. City to win it. Though with Laporte’s injury having a bigger impact than I would have expected, I wouldn’t be surprised if it is Barca or Juve.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Liverpool - Klopp just seems to be a insanely good manager. 2nd and 3rd place is City and Barcalona

Hughes35

It pains me to say this but Liverpool is the heavy favorite. They have the best pair of fullbacks in the world, together with a potential GOAT central defender who may have surpassed the likes of Maldini and Baresi already. As Sir Alex said: "Attack wins you games, defence wins you titles". They may become the first English team to win back-to-back Champions League titles if they don't encounter some massive injury crisis.

If luck pulls it in their way and all their players stay injury-free, they may even become the first team to win the Champions League with all clean sheets. That's how highly I rate their defense.
This didn't go too well.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Really hope either Bayern or Dortmund. Dortmund destroyed Barca but their finishing left them, or rather left Reus. They really have the ability to beat any team on their day, and lose to any as well, similar to Liverpool the first time they reached the final.

Hughes35

The jinx I put on them finally worked. See? :D
Haha fair play on taking that in good humour!

If you could write another post about them not dropping any points in a full premier league season, that would be much appreciated!

wr8_utd

:'(
If Barcelona can play all their first legs away then them. If not, then Liverpool, PSG or City.

Eddy_JukeZ

If Neymar is fit and focused, I'll back PSG, but you never know with them.

I'd love to see a PSG/Barcelona match-up in the knockouts. 2 of the biggest bottlers playing each other + the incredible narrative on display AND some fantastic players battling.

Inter Yer Nan

We've never lost a 2 legged knock out tie under Klopp. Played 10, won 10. That record can't continue surely so I don't think we'll win it this year. PSG have a good chance now that City aren't as strong having lost Laporte. Juventus will be a match for anyone and Madrid under Zidane know how to win the competition.
Basically, I haven't got a fecking clue but it's going to be a fun competition to watch this year
Lost to Southampton in the League Cup semi's in 2016. Europe, though, yeah, they are unbeaten in that time.

Inter Yer Nan

City, Juve, Atletico, Liverpool would be the four I'd most fancy to win it. Atletico, surely will win it at some point and have a potentially excellent side brewing if they can just have a bit of luck or avoid the bad luck that's killed them in the past.

PSG again, surely one day will win it. Maybe this season they take advantage of their easy league? Barca have a shot too but they need to avoid capitulation and I just sense they can't quite do it under Valverde.

That's the six that have a shot IMO.

minh_loc_xoay

If Neymar is fit and focused, I'll back PSG, but you never know with them.

I'd love to see a PSG/Barcelona match-up in the knockouts. 2 of the biggest bottlers playing each other + the incredible narrative on display AND some fantastic players battling.
Barcelona beating PSG in the Semi-final then Messi proceeds to have a final showdown with Ronaldo in the Champions League Final sounds nice to me.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
Juve or City
I think City will botch it again. Juve is a good shout. As much as I'd like for us to repeat, don't think it's happening. Our defense is leaky so far this season. Hopefully it's not the cockiness and the euphoria from last season. Cause that won't get us anywhere.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Lost to Southampton in the League Cup semi's in 2016. Europe, though, yeah, they are unbeaten in that time.
With this being a thread about European matches, I didn't think I'd have to specify. You're right about Southampton though.
We've had some good draws throughout those 10 matches but we've also had some really tough ties to come through.

2016 Europa League
R32 - Augsburg 1 v 0
R16 - Man Utd 3 v 1
QF - Dortmund 5 v 4
SF - Villarreal 3 v 1

2018 Champions League
R16 - Porto 5 v 0
QF - Man City 5 v 1
SF - Roma 7 v 6

2019 Champions League
R16 - Bayern Munich 3 v 1
QF - Porto 6 v 1
SF - Barcelona 4 v 3

Overall we've scored 42 goals in European knockout football under Klopp and conceeded 18. That crazy match in the 2nd leg against Roma and the 3-0 at Barcelona being the only 2 games in the Champions League knock outs that we've actually lost.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Sobering fact from Opta:
OPTA said:
Jurgen Klopp has never lost a match that he actually won. Twit.

RedDevilRoshi

This is PSG’s year.
This gets said every single year that “this could be PSG’s year” yet they bottle it big style from a comfortable position after the 1st leg. They can’t seem to finish a tie off when you expect them too.

Chelsea 2014
Barcelona 2017
Man Utd 2019

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same old story again.

2plus2is4

Supports
Ze Germans
That's what the bookies say:

Manchester City

FC Barcelona

FC Liverpool

Paris SG

Juventus Turin

Bayern München

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Tottenham Hotspur

SSC Neapel

Borussia Dortmund

Ajax Amsterdam

RB Leipzig

FC Chelsea

Inter Mailand

Honestly I don't see why there should be such a big gap between City and Pool. Barca 2nd most likely is also debatle imo.
RB Leipzig more likely to win than Chelsea or Inter!?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If Liverpool have amazing luck with injuries like last year then I think they will do it again. I don't fancy anyone to beat them over two legs.

This gets said every single year that “this could be PSG’s year” yet they bottle it big style from a comfortable position after the 1st leg. They can’t seem to finish a tie off when you expect them too.

Chelsea 2014
Barcelona 2017
Man Utd 2019

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same old story again.
They have Herrera and Gueye in midfield this year which is exactly what they've needed. Could be the difference.