Who will win the Golden Boot?

Raredaredevil

Cristiano Ronaldo at a canter. Unless Sterling scores a hat-trick or Schick scores a brace which seems very unlikely, this award is Ronaldo's to lose. Pretty amazing considering his team was knocked out so early.

Dan

Cristiano Ronaldo at a canter. Unless Sterling scores a hat-trick or Schick scores a brace which seems very unlikely, this award is Ronaldo's to lose. Pretty amazing considering his team was knocked out so early.
Schick now on 5 goals.

Dan

Hope he gets another since Ronaldo has an assist. Love when an international tournament has someone unexpected as the top scorer.
Are they counting the assist if it’s level on goals?

Hephaestus

Are they counting the assist if it’s level on goals?
Yeah, they introduced tiebreakers a few years back so it goes to assists then fewest minutes meaning Ronaldo will beat out Schick as things stand.

Poltophagy

I don’t understand why it can’t be shared if equal.
Me too, it's ridiculous. I get the point, they are trying to pick the very best, but really who is the best scorer: Goals in less minutes, or goals against lesser opposition? Was Salenko equal to Stoichkov in 94?

There is just no way to make it fair like that.

Dante

Average bang
RankPlayerGoals
1​
Patrik Schick
5​
1​
Cristiano Ronaldo
5​
3​
Emil Forsberg
4​
3​
Karim Benzema
4​
3​
Romelu Lukaku
4​
6​
Harry Kane
3​
6​
Raheem Sterling
3​
6​
Kasper Dolberg
3​
6​
Georginio Wijnaldum
3​
6​
Haris Seferovic
3​
6​
Robert Lewandowski
3​
6​
Xherdan Shaqiri
3​
13​
Álvaro Morata
2​
13​
Ferran Torres
2​
13​
Lorenzo Insigne
2​
13​
Manuel Locatelli
2​
13​
Matteo Pessina
2​
13​
Pablo Sarabia
2​
13​
Yussuf Poulsen
2​
13​
Ciro Immobile
2​
13​
Joakim Mæhle
2​
13​
Andriy Yarmolenko
2​
13​
Denzel Dumfries
2​
13​
Ivan Perisic
2​
13​
Kai Havertz
2​
13​
Roman Yaremchuk
2​
13​
Thorgan Hazard
2​
13​
Memphis Depay
2​

If I were putting money on it, I wouldn't think Ronaldo or Schick are getting to be budged off the top.

I guess there's a slight possibility of Sterling, Kane or Dolberg scoring 2 or 3 in the last couple of matches. Realistically, though, the semis and final are probably going to be too cagey for that to happen.

The Spanish and Italian players would need an incredible string of games to get anywhere close. But you never know.

Last edited:

Wilt

Hoping Kane gets it ….(could also be that England wins EURO 2020)

0le

How funny would it be if Morata scored a few more goals and ended up with the golden boot. Morata. :D

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
How funny would it be if Morata scored a few more goals and ended up with the golden boot. Morata. :D
Not impossible though.

Didn't Eder score against France in Euro 2016 final?

Also Morata scored some important goals for RM and Juventus in CL, isn't impossible at all to think that he can sneak some goals against Italy and England/Denmark...and then get back to being shit the whole season at his club like he has been since 4 years ago.

Wilt

Not fecking funny at all !!

Though extremely unlikely, given he’d have to score a hat-trick (at least) in the final, probably against England who as yet have not conceded a single goal.

Dante

Average bang
I think it's safe to say now that it'll be one of these:
PlayerGames potentially leftGoals scored
Patrik Schick
0​
5​
Cristiano Ronaldo
0​
5​
Harry Kane
2​
3​
Raheem Sterling
2​
3​
Kasper Dolberg
2​
3​

I still don't think Schick or Ronaldo are getting knocked off the top.

Dante

Average bang
Italy's defence will be too good on Sunday. Might as well give Ronaldo and Schick the golden boot now.

PlayerGames leftGoals scored
Schick, Ronaldo05
Kane14
Lukaku, Benzema, Forsberg04
Sterling13
Lewandowski, Morata, Wijnaldum, Seferovic, Dolberg, Shaqiri03

It's going to be the first time Ronaldo has ever won the golden boot at an international tournament. The best he's ever done previously is the silver boot in 2016 (which for some reason counted assists as well as goals). Anyway, it's amazing Ronaldo can still do this at his age.