Who will win the Premier League?

cyberman

I don't think I've ever seen it this open in the league at the halfway point. Am I imagining that? It'll be mad if there are still 4/5 teams this close when it gets to 30 or so games.
Is it that open? It just seems like the 2 Manchester clubs were given a handicap at the start of the season have raced to the top of the table with consistent wins for quite a while now.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Man City - if they had a striker fit and scoring they’d be easy favourites. Their defence looks solid now and they have back up for all over the pitch, except striker. Aguero is never fit and Jesus rarely scores

Liverpool - defence is all over the place and being held together impressively by Fabinho. They may have struck gold as Fabinho and Van Dijk would be a formidable partnership. I’ve said for a while now, that Salah and Mane are so important to their goal output. If one underperforms, the other steps up. But always asked, what happens when they are both off form? Now we are finally seeing it and they cannot score.

Man Utd - Defensively all over the place initially but it is looking more assured recently. Even Lindelof has been good. Going forward though, very inconsistent. If the likes of Rashford and Martial can somehow become consistent, they have a real chance of challenging. Cavani is a game changer though.

Leicester - definitely challengers if they keep their 14/15 players fit. A really good base with an excellent style to suit their players.

Chelsea. We won’t challenge top 4 with Lampard at the helm. He done well last season and gave us hope but now the pressure is on he cannot handle it. Really poor.

Spurs - It’s difficult to write them off due to Mourinho, Son, Kane and NDombele. I think their defence is there to be exploited.

Arsenal - Like Chelsea, won’t win the league or challenge top 4.
Good post.

Godfather

Man City - if they had a striker fit and scoring they’d be easy favourites. Their defence looks solid now and they have back up for all over the pitch, except striker. Aguero is never fit and Jesus rarely scores

Liverpool - defence is all over the place and being held together impressively by Fabinho. They may have struck gold as Fabinho and Van Dijk would be a formidable partnership. I’ve said for a while now, that Salah and Mane are so important to their goal output. If one underperforms, the other steps up. But always asked, what happens when they are both off form? Now we are finally seeing it and they cannot score.

Man Utd - Defensively all over the place initially but it is looking more assured recently. Even Lindelof has been good. Going forward though, very inconsistent. If the likes of Rashford and Martial can somehow become consistent, they have a real chance of challenging. Cavani is a game changer though.

Leicester - definitely challengers if they keep their 14/15 players fit. A really good base with an excellent style to suit their players.

Chelsea. We won’t challenge top 4 with Lampard at the helm. He done well last season and gave us hope but now the pressure is on he cannot handle it. Really poor.

Spurs - It’s difficult to write them off due to Mourinho, Son, Kane and NDombele. I think their defence is there to be exploited.

Arsenal - Like Chelsea, won’t win the league or challenge top 4.
Sums it up pretty nicely. Still think City are favorites at this time. Their defensive shape is quite impressive and despite their lack of proper striking option they still find enough ways to score from the talent they have in other positions. Must hope for a Pep meltdown somewhere in the second half of the season

Adamsk7

I think it’s City’s to lose because of their current form and then I would have us as second. I think Liverpool have been too all over the place and I was surprised how shot they looked against us.
when I look at all the squads and I think who is the most consistent at winning games, who has different styles of play, who has game changers on the bench and a deep pool of players for different jobs.....I’ve got to say we are probably in the best shape, which is quite amazing!

Ballache

Supports
Martial
City have looked great recently both defensively and going forward. They seem to be much more direct but can still retain and keep the ball well.
If Aguero is back soon and they manage to get him in shape fast, it's their's to lose IMO.
They would have scored 4 against Villa yesterday if he was playing.
I think we will easily finish top 3 with Liverpool which is progress.
Leicester will drop off eventually IMO but I hope they finish 4th.

diarm

City are going to have so many games. They've 2 postponed matches and a League Cup final to play, along with all the FA Cup and Champions League ties they will inevitably get easy draws for.

I hate to think like this, but whichever of ourselves or Liverpool loses the cup game on Sunday is going to have a serious advantage in the league.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
City are going to have so many games. They've 2 postponed matches and a League Cup final to play, along with all the FA Cup and Champions League ties they will inevitably get easy draws for.

I hate to think like this, but whichever of ourselves or Liverpool loses the cup game on Sunday is going to have a serious advantage in the league.

That is a very useful schedule to look at but there are a few errors. With United in the Europa League, you'll be playing the second leg R32 on Feb 25th, then the R16 on March 11th and 18th. City are playing first leg CL R16 on Feb 24th, no idea when their match with Everton will be rescheduled to.

It all depends on who progresses further in the cups but in theory United have the same number of potential games remaining as City since the Europa League has an extra round.

In any case, its going to be an absolute war of attrition and every club who goes deep in Europe in particular is going to be completely knackered by the end.

hubbuh

Can we just play the youth and VDB in Europa?!

diarm

That is a very useful schedule to look at but there are a few errors. With United in the Europa League, you'll be playing the second leg R32 on Feb 25th, then the R16 on March 11th and 18th. City are playing first leg CL R16 on Feb 24th, no idea when their match with Everton will be rescheduled to.

It all depends on who progresses further in the cups but in theory United have the same number of potential games remaining as City since the Europa League has an extra round.

In any case, its going to be an absolute war of attrition and every club who goes deep in Europe in particular is going to be completely knackered by the end.
Shit. I shouldn't have posted that before checking it properly!

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
City would obviously be stronger with a fit striker who could finish (not Jesus's strong suit) but I think even without one they are huge favorites at this point. They have been excellent for about three months now, its not just a short run of form. The last time they played a league match that was fairly even by xg was November 8 against Liverpool, never mind playing one in which the other side had better chances. Xg isn't everything and they do have some finishing issues but its the best predictor of success going forward.

They pass the eye test as well. They've got great balance between attack and defense right now and really strong patterns of attacking combination play by which they consistently create chances without necessarily having to rely on individual brilliance creating something out of nothing. I think that is the biggest difference I see between them and United (which I rate as the favorites for second) at this point.

lex talionis

It will be either City or United. City’s experience in winning trophies is a huge advantage.

But...if Martial and Rashford, and I do mean both, can find a rich vein of form the PL trophy is ours.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Ruben Dias has gone under the radar but he's been a massive game changer for City, completely transformed them defensively.

Judas

Open to offers
With us looking steady in the league, a very good bet for top 4, the thought of pissing about on Thursday nights in the Europa is so grim. Hope Ole manages the squad effectively.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Slightly off, EL has round of 32. We play four EL games in the same timeframe as CL Ro16.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Everton are not going to win the league and neither are Leicester but i find it weird that Leicester are hyped up by everyone as title contenders when if we win our games in hand we are on the same points as them and we have them at home next game having beat them away a few weeks ago.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Everton are not going to win the league and neither are Leicester but i find it weird that Leicester are hyped up by everyone as title contenders when if we win our games in hand we are on the same points as them and we have them at home next game having beat them away a few weeks ago.
We beat Leicester?

Edit: nvm

Lee565

Whoever finishes above man city wins the league in my opinion, I really cant see liverpool come roaring back into the title picture at this point.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
There are still many questions to answer in this crazy season and title race but ‘can this Liverpool side make up four points on this City side having played a game more?’ is not one of them. They cannot.

Guy Incognito

It's City's to lose.

Still think Liverpool can put a run together though but they used up their luck last season.

Castia

City overwhelming favourites but we have a chance. Half a season to go we need to keep picking up points.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Also think city but we can put in a challenge and be able proud of that.

Next season, with the right signings, were gonna win the thing and you can quote me on that.

Castia

Europa will ruin us.
Completely bin it off, I’d put players needing games in the squad with a mix of reserve players

We should have enough for top 4 this season feck the Europa League

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Tell you what, those games against arsenal and pool will stick out like a sore thumb come the end of the season.

Wins there would have us relatively comfortable at the top and favourites.

PoTMS

If we could get a player or two in this window, I will start believing. We need an upgrade at RB, CDM and RW.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Tell you what, those games against arsenal and pool will stick out like a sore thumb come the end of the season.

Wins there would have us relatively comfortable at the top and favourites.
To not defeat Liverpool in this state is an unacceptable dropping off points. City will slaughter you for it.

James Peril

City have the best team, squad, manager, defensive unit and stand-out player in de Bruyne, but it’s football - and they do not have a great striker anymore. And corona, nothing is normal. Even Leicester have a shot again, it’s pretty wild. Writing off Liverpool would also be incredibly silly, this is the kick they need to wake up. I think City will win by 5-10 points ahead of Liverpool, then United and perhaps Leicester. The only certainty with Solskjær is that the team will suddenly fall off a cliff and suck for 3-4 weeks, making the possible impossible in the end. Spirs will not join the party, their football is poison to the eyes and they will lose too many points against weaker opposition.

Siorac

One of your games in hand is City, isn't it? Not exactly a banker.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If City didn't have this clean sheet record I'd say us, but it's looking like best defence will take it.

I think Leicester will drop off again like last season, but they seem to be right in the mix and a bit of a dark horse.

Still far too close at the top to really call it yet.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
City have the best team, squad, manager, defensive unit and stand-out player in de Bruyne, but it’s football - and they do not have a great striker anymore. And corona, nothing is normal. Even Leicester have a shot again, it’s pretty wild. Writing off Liverpool would also be incredibly silly, this is the kick they need to wake up. I think City will win by 5-10 points ahead of Liverpool, then United and perhaps Leicester. The only certainty with Solskjær is that the team will suddenly fall off a cliff and suck for 3-4 weeks, making the possible impossible in the end. Spirs will not join the party, their football is poison to the eyes and they will lose too many points against weaker opposition.
Word is he'll potentially be out for the next 3-4 league games with a hamstring injury.