Who will win the Premier League?

Guy Incognito

City's 'covid breakout' came at the right time. They looked recharged and refreshed.

It's still a long season but Europa will make it different for United and Leicester to get into a rhythm.

No Spring Chicken

Liverpool looked dreadful today and they have one hell of a run of fixtures coming up. Spurs away, West Ham away, Brighton home, City home, Leicester away, Everton home. They could be well out of the race by the middle of Feb.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
For me the big question mark against City is that they keep having to play without a striker. I know they are on a great run but too many chances are being missed. But it's gonna be one helluva battle between the blues and reds in the next few months.

Lee565

I really hope man city dont get an inform aguero back and pull away as this has all the makings of one hell of an exciting open title race between about 4 or 5 teams.

edcunited1878

It's way, way too early yet. Once teams start hitting 60 points (so another 7 or 8 matches at minimum), can you truly say that someone can win the league.

If you're at 50 points through 26 matches, then you're in the thick of it. There are about 8 teams that are still jockeying for a sprint finish. That's how packed it is at the moment. You really can't afford to go two consecutive games without a win. Has to be at least 4 points from 6 every two games.

SER19

Liverpool go 6th if teams win their games in hand (Everton have 2 chances to win 1)

It's very tight really.

City will win it comfortably, deepest squad, most experience and got a nice free week over Xmas when they had a really tough game and a couple of reserves got covid. Will likely replay that after another soft cup draw.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not Liverpool. They're dead in the water now they've lost their aura at Anfield. Must be bottom half for number of away wins so far?

Posh Red

So now Aguero has Covid and De Bruyne has a hamstring injury. Will they struggle without them in their upcoming fixtures (I know Aguero has been out for a while). They have Liverpool in two weeks too

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So now Aguero has Covid and De Bruyne has a hamstring injury. Will they struggle without them in their upcoming fixtures (I know Aguero has been out for a while). They have Liverpool in two weeks too
Timing probably isn't too bad for them. They face West Brom, Sheffield United and Burnley in the next three. Liverpool then which is February 7th, at which point Aguero should be back and KDB will be over two weeks into what is reportedly a 2/3 week lay-off.

I would definitely still have them as favourites and I would guess the bookies do too.

SeanyC

Not Liverpool. They're dead in the water now they've lost their aura at Anfield. Must be bottom half for number of away wins so far?
Don’t rule Pool out just yet, this is such an unpredictable season and I fear the pool forwards will find their scoring boots again

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
The title will fly to Manchester. Either Trafford or the Emptihad.

Giggsy13

With Cavani we have our own Aguero in the squad who’s proving to be a big difference maker. We need experienced players with a winning history and Cavani brings that.

Posh Red

Timing probably isn't too bad for them. They face West Brom, Sheffield United and Burnley in the next three. Liverpool then which is February 7th, at which point Aguero should be back and KDB will be over two weeks into what is reportedly a 2/3 week lay-off.

I would definitely still have them as favourites and I would guess the bookies do too.
Yeah fair enough. They do have a deep, talented squad and should be able to win those games you mention. Bernardo Silva maybe coming into form too based on his goal yesterday

Wilt

Bookies now make City odds on 2/5 favourite with Liverpool drifting like a barge in the betting.

Utd were 40/1 earlier in the season, now 5/1 second favourite.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think we’re still in with a shot because of how tight it is but we’re also now worrying about top four. Mad season.

I’m backing Leicester.

Hoof the ball

Regarding City and Pep, they had a bad year last season, but if there's one coach who's very good at reinventing himself tactically it's Guardiola. Following a poor season they're defensively brilliant and collectively playing very well again, and doing so without a no.9. It's a testament to his ability to innovate and adapt when necessary and turn it into something successful.

I wish Pep wasn't at City because when you watch the movement of the players and the coordinated channel runs and passes you see moves that you don't see other clubs attempting. Not even Liverpool. It makes me wonder what he'd do with the likes of Martial, Greenwood and Rashford. But alas, we're in a great position with Ole and we have to be grateful that we're in a position to make challenging for the title a real possibility!

Giggs86

Our biggest hope is for city to go deep at least to the semis of the CL while battling heavyweights along the way. Meanwhile, we let the kids have a go at the EL and concentrate fully on the title.

Tonicruise

Supports
FC Bayern
I still consider City favorites but United looks really solid right now and definetlely has a shot at it. The fact that City is in the CL and has to play their best players to make a deep run while you guys can rotate heavly in EL and focus on the league is good news. Also Cavani seems like a player that you have been missing, if he remains injury free. he might just tip the balance in Uniteds favour. I'm really quite surprised by Uniteds impressive form lately i did not see that one coming ngl.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
KDB out for 4-6 weeks according to Pep.

If true he would miss West Brom, Sheffield United, Burnley, Liverpool, Spurs and possibly Arsenal and West Ham too. Then back in time to play us.

They'll be pretty desperate to get him back for the tougher second half of those fixtures. Given how dependent they are on him, successfully navigating the games he's out for would be a big boost to their title hopes.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think it'll be City, they're getting into that machine like zone they sometimes get into... and even if they did draw or lose a game, you can see them going on to win the next 5 or 6.

I'm not sure we have enough about us to keep pace with them, and I definitely don't think Leicester do.

I don't discount Liverpool either, but they really have to get their shit together.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
If City wins at Anfield, i guess you can call it already.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If City wins at Anfield, i guess you can call it already.
Still too early. Being 6 points clear in February isn’t an unattainable gap. It’s more like early January too given the late start.

We need them to start conceding more though. It’s like Sir Alex said, attackers win you games, defenders win you titles. They are getting a clean sheet in almost every game.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Still too early. Being 6 points clear in February isn’t an unattainable gap. It’s more like early January too given the late start.
Make that 7, United isn't catching City on goal difference, of that im certain.

I thought the gap was a bit wider than it currently is though, so yeah, it is too early to call.

SeanyC

If pool does us a favour this weekend then I don’t see why not, city are on a good run but can’t see it lasting

lex talionis

City.

But I really do believe we’ll be a fairly close 4-5 points off in second place.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Make that 7, United isn't catching City on goal difference, of that im certain.

I thought the gap was a bit wider than it currently is though, so yeah, it is too early to call.
6.5 points I'd say

RedDevil@84

City on GD of 2 goals. All because Mike Dean would give only 3 minutes of stoppage time.

RedDevil@84

If pool does us a favour this weekend then I don’t see why not, city are on a good run but can’t see it lasting
It will last till Stones, Dias and Cancelo play solidly like this and without any injuries.

Lee565

It was said early this season with state of the defending from a majority of sides in the premier league that being strong defensively might be more important in winning the title than being strong in attack, the funny thing is that is why some where suggesting the possibility of spurs having a chance because of the pragmatic ways of Mourinho but nobody was thinking that city would actually be the ones to fall in that category.

Raredaredevil

We need them to start conceding more though. It’s like Sir Alex said, attackers win you games, defenders win you titles. They are getting a clean sheet in almost every game.
How is it not too early? It's February not September with almost 3/4 of the season played. If City beats Liverpool, it is over for Liverpool and for the rest of the league as well as Liverpool especially at Anfield has always been City's biggest nemesis and this psychological mental block is gone now, City will have have the self-belief to go on a winning run. Mentality plays a huge part in sports. I believe City always seem to struggle Old Trafford until the 6-1 demolition and they always seemed to have our numbers since then.

InfiniteBoredom

How is it not too early? It's February not September with almost 3/4 of the season played. If City beats Liverpool, it is over for Liverpool and for the rest of the league as well as Liverpool especially at Anfield has always been City's biggest nemesis and this psychological mental block is gone now, City will have have the self-belief to go on a winning run. Mentality plays a huge part in sports. I believe City always seem to struggle Old Trafford until the 6-1 demolition and they always seemed to have our numbers since then.
You need to check your maths. 21/38 isn’t 3/4 of the season.

We lost a league title on GD when 8 points clear with 5 games to go.

RooneyLegend

It's a one horse race. Pool don't have defenders and only they can mess with City. We are pretenders and we all know it. It will be this way for a long time to come as long as we and the other so called big clubs continue to make poor managerial appointment's.